Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Windows Phone App

• 194 posts
    November 26, 2014 4:30 PM CET

This topic is for the Windows Phone app. Post opinions, suggestions, bugs.

• 25 posts
    November 29, 2014 2:27 AM CET

I cleaned up my post so that the focus will be on the issues with the current APP.

Step by step Instructions for setting up Sbrick.  I hope this helps solve any issues.

Sadly not all windows phones are trully compatible.  So Click and search.

http://www.bluetooth.com/Pages/Bluetooth-Smart-Devices-List.aspx

This post was edited by Brian Hopkins at February 1, 2015 1:54 PM CET
    • 194 posts
    December 8, 2014 12:38 PM CET

Unfortunately the WP app is not ready for public tests. I'm going to post an update when it becomes available.

• 63 posts
    December 22, 2014 10:51 PM CET

Looking forward to try the app with my Nokia Lumia 635! :)

• January 4, 2015 7:47 PM CET

When the Windows phone apps Sbrick will be available ?

• 194 posts
    January 12, 2015 2:24 PM CET

Likol Lee wrote a basic remote control application for WP: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/58/release-of-the-protocoll/view/page/2

You might be able to use that until our app gets released.

This post was edited by Tamás Fábián at January 12, 2015 2:24 PM CET
    • 5 posts
    January 13, 2015 10:18 PM CET
    Can't wait for the Windows phone app.
    Just noticed that the Lumia 920 recognizes the sbrick within seconds. Seriously faster than iOS devices.
    This post was edited by Hubraum 6.8 at January 13, 2015 10:19 PM CET
    • 194 posts
    January 14, 2015 7:06 AM CET

This is strange, since we used Apple's recommendation when we choose the protocol timings. :)

Technically the BLE connection can be built up very quickly, well under a second.

• 10 posts
    January 14, 2015 7:21 AM CET

Hi Tamás Fábián,

Can i publish my app to windows phone store?

If yes, Is there any information that I need to notes?

Thanks.

• 194 posts
    January 14, 2015 1:10 PM CET

Of course you can :)

Please check out my latest post at the news forum on the new firmware & the watchdog function. There's a slight chance that the new firmware might not work well with application that were only tested on the current or older firmwares.

The catch is that once you turn on any channel you MUST talk to the brick and periodically update the channel settings (e.g. issue DRIVE commands 5-10 times per second, but at least once in every half second).

Once the channels are stopped (DRIVE 0), the watchdog is disengaged. BRAKE will also START the watchdog.

This is all I think.

You can release your app right now, there's quite a few days until the firmware release, and you probably won't update the firmware either, so compatibility will not be an issuse.

Just make sure you follow this best practice (periodic updates) in the future.

Thank you very much!

• 25 posts
    January 22, 2015 12:53 AM CET

16 days and counting.    Bah.  The waiting is a killer.  

• January 24, 2015 9:11 PM CET

Hi all, did I miss something or... but how to get this app that Likol wrote? Is it in the store, under what name?

This post was edited by Milos Djukanovic at January 24, 2015 9:12 PM CET
    • 10 posts
    January 25, 2015 5:37 AM CET

I had send my app file to SBrick team in 1/16 for testing, but i have not received any reply.

• January 25, 2015 1:53 PM CET

thanks for reply, and maybe one stupid question (I'm new with WP), can you send app i.e. is it possible to install it aside from official store (like .apk for android)

• 10 posts
    January 25, 2015 7:37 PM CET

If you want to install app not from store, you need a windows phone of developer unlock.

• January 26, 2015 11:25 AM CET

it's company phone so I wait for the app from store :)

thanks

• 140 posts
    January 30, 2015 6:42 PM CET

The first release available here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/search?q=sbrick

We are working to support the custom profiles created via profile designer.

Please test the current release with the port tester feature then write feedback based on your device here: https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/12/slug/application-device-compatibility (you can edit the page with the edit button on the left)

• 140 posts
    January 30, 2015 6:58 PM CET

Next release pushed to MS. They says it will be available within five business days. The release will support the profile designer's custom profiles. At now only the joystick type controls will work.

• 63 posts
    January 30, 2015 10:56 PM CET

Tested with Nokia Lumia 635 / WP 8.1 - It supports BT 4.0

Not one single Sbrick discovered!

This post was edited by Fernando Correia at January 30, 2015 11:10 PM CET
    • 25 posts
    January 31, 2015 2:56 AM CET

Phone: Nokia 635

Sbrick Version: v1.1.0.8

Synopsis:  I downloaded the first version this afternoon i could only use ports.  The thing crashed like cray,  I couldn't get joysticks to work and they where not scaled correctly. Then i did a second update.

What works. (dual joystick) Zero crashes so far.  The controls for x and y axis work perfectly.  No real issues with controling the machine. I can access most of the functions on the sbrick except for one. 

What does not work: I can't invert the motors.  I click on the invert switch then back out of the window, but the sbrick won't save the invert command.  So i have to drive my tank with massive issues.  Number two issue.  I wish you guys would set it for return to center.  Its a pain trying to find dead center.  Maybe create a second ring where it would find return to center in that zone. or just give us the option. 

I really like this thing so far.  I can't wait for the second push. 

• 25 posts
    January 31, 2015 6:56 AM CET

Minor note

Microsoft states that the 520/521 is BLE after updating to Windows 8.1 (I actually emailed them.)

The nokia 520 / 521 will not conncet to the Sbrick at all.  It gets constantly denied. 

The official BLE bluetooth website lists the 525 but does not state the 520 as compatible. 

So stay away from the 520 and 521. 

Didn't loose a dime though.  My dad bought it to forward calls to his Iphone.

• 63 posts
    January 31, 2015 12:31 PM CET

Brian's post made me think. Same phone, same OS version, so different result. :P

So I decided to give it yet another try!
    No luck again. :(

Can the difference be on the SBrick firmware version. If Brian does not have an iOS device at hand it may happen that he never update the firmware with which the SBricks were shipped!?

But then I've an SBrick v3 prototype with old firmware which also do not get discovered. So still wondering...

This post was edited by Fernando Correia at January 31, 2015 12:32 PM CET
  • January 31, 2015 12:35 PM CET

Lumia 920 with Windows 8.1 - I've managed to connect and play with it a little bit (there were some problems but it worked). But then I upgraded firmware (through iOS app) and now app can't find / connect to SBrick.

How can I check firmware version on SBrick?

• 25 posts
    January 31, 2015 1:17 PM CET

Fernando Correia said:

Can the difference be on the SBrick firmware version. If Brian does not have an iOS device at hand it may happen that he never update the firmware with which the SBricks were shipped!?

But then I've an SBrick v3 prototype with old firmware which also do not get discovered. So still wondering...

Never did the last update.  I have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to MAC's.  So i never bothered to play with my brick.

Besides the fact that Fabian made the post above that the new update my screw with the controls.  So I decided  not to mess with the firmware update.  

Interesting note (the IOS peeps had issues with 100% throttle.  My windows phone has zero issues

This post was edited by Brian Hopkins at January 31, 2015 1:30 PM CET
    • 63 posts
    January 31, 2015 1:30 PM CET

As far as I understod from Lénárd's post, the second version will take somedays to be available from the store.

So at the moment store reports to have version 2015.130.1746.2988

Hopefully this is also the version that I've installed. No other way so far to know which it is, I guess. :P