Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Windows Phone App

• 1 posts
    March 4, 2018 8:42 PM CET

Hello, I have a problem with the sbrick app. When I try to connect the sbrick directly to the phone via the bluetooth settings, I can pair it with the phone, but when I open the "bricks" tab in the app, it crashes. This happens everytime, with the sbrick paired, unpaired, or off. I have tried to follow the steps in the messages above, but restarting the phone didn't work.

My phone is a Lumia 950 running windows 10.

• 1 posts
    February 4, 2018 8:05 PM CET

Hi

I have the same problem like Andi B. If I want to pair the Sbrick with my Lumia 650 the app close by oneselve.

Are there some news about this problem.

Sascha

• 486 posts
    May 18, 2017 1:21 PM CEST

[blockquote]Andi B said: I have the same problem after i restart my phone... The app shut down by try search sbrick. I can connect my phone to a sbrick over Bluetooth over the phone settings but can't connect over the app. Maybe a bug in the app? I have the app-version 2016.806.0.26 and for my phone i use the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Programm, maybe it help you to find the problem. Thanks![/blockquote]

Thank you Andi, 

I have forwarded the message to our developers. They will check this! 

Soon we will get back to you!

Have a nice day,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 4 posts
    May 17, 2017 5:17 PM CEST
    I have the same problem after i restart my phone... The app shut down by try search sbrick. I can connect my phone to a sbrick over Bluetooth over the phone settings but can't connect over the app. Maybe a bug in the app? I have the app-version 2016.806.0.26 and for my phone i use the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Programm, maybe it help you to find the problem.

Thanks!
    • 486 posts
    May 16, 2017 11:44 PM CEST

[blockquote]Andi B said: I don't know why but my Windows Phone 10 app shut down when i try to search my sbricks over the app. I use the newest version of the sbrick app and a Lumia 950 with the newest update. Maybe someone have the same problem and can help me? Thanks! [/blockquote]

Hello Andi, 

We ask you to go through these steps, than contact us again with then result. 

https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/42/slug/app-support

Don't worry we will help you! 

Please contact us later at info@sbrick.com

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 4 posts
    May 16, 2017 5:49 PM CEST
    I don't know why but my Windows Phone 10 app shut down when i try to search my sbricks over the app. I use the newest version of the sbrick app and a Lumia 950 with the newest update. Maybe someone have the same problem and can help me?
    Thanks!

This post was edited by Andi B at May 16, 2017 5:50 PM CEST
    • 486 posts
    May 14, 2017 9:48 AM CEST

[blockquote]Adam Gelencser said:

Hey guys,

does anyone have an idea, why windows phone app doesn't show sequence channels when trying to set the brick up?
    I create a sequence, give it a name, save the profile, update in the app, and when I try to set the controls, the controls list to pick from is empty... despite it works with other public profiles. 

Am I missing something? 

Cheers:
    Adam

[/blockquote]

Dear Adam, 

Unfortunately, the sequence function is not available for the WP-s yet. 

We are working on it, but this developing is not finished yet! 

We ask for your patience. :)

Have a nice day,

Best regards,
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    May 14, 2017 12:41 AM CEST

Hey guys,

does anyone have an idea, why windows phone app doesn't show sequence channels when trying to set the brick up?
    I create a sequence, give it a name, save the profile, update in the app, and when I try to set the controls, the controls list to pick from is empty... despite it works with other public profiles. 

Am I missing something? 

Cheers:
    Adam

• 486 posts
    February 15, 2017 2:55 PM CET

[blockquote]Piotrek Gniadek said:

I have a problem with the Lumia 550 WP10, normal Sbrick somehow working but SBrickPlus in conjunction with WP10 is a failure: /

He does not see motion sensors and zoom, I can set the channel sequence - when it will work for Apple?

I use WP and IOS, built the MOC in order to phone WP10 and I do not like to set up: /

[/blockquote]

Dear Piotrek, 

Unfortunately at the moment SBrick Plus doesen't support the WP's. 

The new application is under developing yet, it will be only ready later. (by 2017, q2)

On IOS it works now, so please check it again. 

Best regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    February 10, 2017 12:28 AM CET

I have a problem with the Lumia 550 WP10, normal Sbrick somehow working but SBrickPlus in conjunction with WP10 is a failure: /

He does not see motion sensors and zoom, I can set the channel sequence - when it will work for Apple?

I use WP and IOS, built the MOC in order to phone WP10 and I do not like to set up: /

• 486 posts
    January 9, 2017 12:00 PM CET

[blockquote]Michael Yakerson said:

I just received my first SBrick, and it's working great with my Android tablet. However, I'm having trouble with my Windows phone. It doesn't "see" the SBrick, even though Bluetooth is enabled. My phone is a Lumia 640, running Windows Phone 8.1. My SBrick is hardware version 5, firmware version 17. Any ideas on how to fix this?

UPDATE - Guess I should have read the compatibility guide first. I just needed to pair the device first before trying to use it. Working fine now. I'm off to play!

[/blockquote]

Great to hear that, the problem has solved! Have fun! 

Best regards, 

Balint
    SBrick Team

• January 8, 2017 12:16 AM CET

I just received my first SBrick, and it's working great with my Android tablet. However, I'm having trouble with my Windows phone. It doesn't "see" the SBrick, even though Bluetooth is enabled. My phone is a Lumia 640, running Windows Phone 8.1. My SBrick is hardware version 5, firmware version 17. Any ideas on how to fix this?

UPDATE - Guess I should have read the compatibility guide first. I just needed to pair the device first before trying to use it. Working fine now. I'm off to play!

This post was edited by Michael Yakerson at January 8, 2017 1:11 AM CET
  • January 6, 2017 2:01 PM CET

I'm try to get the Clinometer to work on a Microsoft Lumia 950 on windows 10. I created a profile with 2 controls: Clinometer and a button.

After saving the Profile and downloaded the profile on the phone the channels and the Clinometer are nog visible.

How can I get the Clinometer to work?

Frans

• 12 posts
    January 3, 2017 1:36 AM CET

In my sbrick after updating, stopped working port D. ;/

• September 23, 2016 2:44 PM CEST

Any news about app upgrade, so we can have sequence functionality on WP?

• 2 posts
    September 12, 2016 5:08 PM CEST

I believe someone recommended a dedicated device so you could engineer to just one standard. That's a great idea. Something like an inexspensive Amazon Fire $50 tablet is well worth the certainty that the control works flawlesly. You could even monitize it by selling custom covers, etc.

• 2 posts
    September 12, 2016 4:39 PM CEST

Another vote for a Windows tablet app please. 

• 28 posts
    June 22, 2016 1:12 PM CEST

[blockquote]Szabó Máté said:

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

I have the smae problem: Sbrcik is not wroking with Nokia 520 an WP 10!!! Why?  Can't update the FW! Why?

[/blockquote]

The new application (Which support W10) only works with FW 11. 

If you have an older FW version on your SBrick you won't be be able to use it.

Please try to update the SBrick with a WP device which has 8.1 version or with the simple control application (only with the help of an Android device.) 

I hope i could helped to you. 

Best wishes, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

[/blockquote]

I know, but the WP 8.1 phone says: the newst FW is 4.8!

[/blockquote]

Do you have the latest app version? If not, you can update it from the store. It was released on Jun. 3.

If you updated the app, you select your brick, and you can update the firmware. (after the update don't forget unpair and pair again your sbrick)

• 12 posts
    June 22, 2016 12:50 PM CEST

I have the smae problem: Sbrcik is not wroking with Nokia 520 an WP 10!!! Why?  Can't update the FW! Why?

[/blockquote]

Please try to update the SBrick with a WP device which has 8.1 version or with the simple control application (only with the help of an Android device.) 

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote]

I know, but the WP 8.1 phone says: the newst FW is 4.8!

• 486 posts
    June 22, 2016 12:27 PM CEST

[/blockquote]

Best wishes, 

• 12 posts
    June 22, 2016 11:04 AM CEST

This post was edited by Szabó Máté at June 22, 2016 11:04 AM CEST
    • 8 posts
    June 18, 2016 12:12 AM CEST

The latest FW number is 11. 

oK I have made the update a second time from the app re pairs the sbrick and it works ... But steering is very less reactive than with the IR receiver... Racing will be impossible like that...

Hope you can found a way to improve this skill

This post was edited by ANDRE Francois at June 18, 2016 12:12 AM CEST
    • 486 posts
    June 16, 2016 3:15 PM CEST

[blockquote]ANDRE Francois said:

Connection finally works !!

Now I have to see why servo motor is so slow in reaction in comparison with IR receiver...

otherwise it seems to work

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

Sorry for the late reply,

Please update your firmware to the newest, and it will solve your servo motor issue. :) 

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote]

Good evening or morning

What is the last firmware number? I have made an update two days ago...

[/blockquote]

The latest FW number is 11. 

Please try to update it with the windows phone application or with the simple control app (only for android phone). 

Regards, 

Balint 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at June 16, 2016 3:46 PM CEST
    • 8 posts
    June 16, 2016 5:06 AM CEST

Now I have to see why servo motor is so slow in reaction in comparison with IR receiver...

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

Please update your firmware to the newest, and it will solve your servo motor issue. :) 

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote]

Good evening or morning

What is the last firmware number? I have made an update two days ago...

• 486 posts
    June 15, 2016 10:06 PM CEST

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

Best wishes,