Forums » Support

Back To Topics

When will we have a PC application to control SBricks ?

• 1 posts
    May 20, 2018 10:52 PM CEST

Hi Emi Grago.

Can you tell me about the JoyToKey configuration for a game controller?

• September 17, 2017 6:22 PM CEST
    I got a PS4 controller from a bazar. I got Isvan Murvai's app installed on my phone. Last thing I need to do is go home and try it.
    It works. Yet it is a bit laggy. If i put the car in full throttle and release the joystick it goes on full throttle for approx. 0,3-0,5 seconds
    This post was edited by Павел Покладов at September 18, 2017 8:02 PM CEST
  • August 31, 2017 6:36 PM CEST
    Well, I did something with arduino. But it was mostly typing the words and letters I didn't understand from the manual into the computer.
    Yeah, I *probably* could give it a shot. Yet I'm absolutely not certain whether it'll be a success...
    • 19 posts
    August 27, 2017 9:57 PM CEST

[blockquote]Павел Покладов said: Thanks. That's really interesting. I'm just afraid I won't take that step to new turf.[/blockquote]

I think its worth it because you can not only control your lego with the gamepad in realtime but you can also do real automation and let your lego move by itself. E.g. you can let your vehicle follow a sequence of commands to move a certain path very easily and it takes an afternoon or two to figure it out, even without experience (its helpfull if you have an idea of sequences, loops and "if then.." formulas but thats about it to get startet).

This post was edited by Emi Grago at August 27, 2017 9:58 PM CEST
  • August 25, 2017 4:54 PM CEST
    Thanks. That's really interesting.
    I'm just afraid I won't take that step to new turf.
    • 19 posts
    August 23, 2017 11:53 PM CEST

i am using a little tool to convert/remap gamepad input into regular ascii keys, this way i can control my sbrick via playstation 2 controller and scratch. i had little to zero programming experience but i was able to create a pretty usefull script in scratch to control motors and lights, will upload a little video some time soon. the programm i use to convert the input is shareware u can get it here: http://joytokey.net/en/

here
    is a screenshot of an older version of the script, to illustrate the idea, the keyboard keys in question are then mapped to the gamepad via joy2key

This post was edited by Emi Grago at August 24, 2017 12:30 AM CEST
    • 486 posts
    August 23, 2017 10:40 PM CEST

[blockquote]Павел Покладов said:

Will it be possible to control SBricks via Laptop? I have one with bluetooth and touchscreen. Well, it's not a tablet though...

Lenovo Y70 touch, Windows 10

I asked this, since I don't always want to use the mobile phone. I thought for home applications the Laptop PC would be more precise and convinient.

[/blockquote]

Hello!

To control your Lego creations you can use your laptop through Scratch. 

Here you can find some more details, https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/37/slug/education

But to control it with the same interface that you see in the application, it is not is progress yet. Maybe in the future. 

We hope this will help you. :) 

Have a nice day,

Balint
    Sbrick Team

• August 23, 2017 11:03 AM CEST

Will it be possible to control SBricks via Laptop? I have one with bluetooth and touchscreen. Well, it's not a tablet though...

Lenovo Y70 touch, Windows 10

I asked this, since I don't always want to use the mobile phone. I thought for home applications the Laptop PC would be more precise and convinient.

• 11 posts
    May 31, 2016 12:48 PM CEST

[blockquote]Maxime Boche said:

Hello, this is new topic to talk about apps. Today we can control our models with our smartphones, a minority of expert can control her models with a Xbox, PS3 our PC controller but it's complicated for us, us who don't know how to do, to have a control of the acceleration and steer like on a controller with joysticks !

I think it will be easier that we can have an application on our PC to make our profiles for Smartphones and controllers or even combinate the two to control mouvement of model and additionnals options ! 

Do you agree ?

[/blockquote]

Hi,

Try my android app: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4786711/sbrickcontroller.apk

It allowes you to control the SBrick with an android compatible game controller like these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Yi7s6mBvw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQiNn_z78q0

BR,

• 486 posts
    May 27, 2016 2:57 PM CEST

[blockquote]Maxime Boche said: Sorry what is a scratch ? [/blockquote]

Here you can find all the necessary informations about scratch and SBrick, 

https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/37/slug/education

If
    you have any questions after check this page, feel free to ask!

I hope i could helped to you! 

Regards, 

Balint 

• 18 posts
    May 26, 2016 8:27 PM CEST
    Sorry what is a scratch ?
    • 486 posts
    May 26, 2016 12:36 PM CEST

[blockquote]Maxime Boche said:

Hello, this is new topic to talk about apps. Today we can control our models with our smartphones, a minority of expert can control her models with a Xbox, PS3 our PC controller but it's complicated for us, us who don't know how to do, to have a control of the acceleration and steer like on a controller with joysticks !

I think it will be easier that we can have an application on our PC to make our profiles for Smartphones and controllers or even combinate the two to control mouvement of model and additionnals options ! 

Do you agree ?

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

We are planning to develop the application for PC too, but at the moment you can only control SBrick with Scratch (through PC). 

Best wishes, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at May 26, 2016 12:37 PM CEST
    • 18 posts
    May 26, 2016 8:26 AM CEST

Do you agree ?