Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick PLUS & Scratch: cant get sensors to work

• 1 posts
    May 7, 2018 9:42 PM CEST

Szia!

Egy Sbrick plusszal rendelkezem, próbálok screchben kapcsolódni. Első alkalommal sikerült elindítani a motorokat.

Másnap már nem érzékeli. A Sbrick beállítások rendben vannak, a képernyőn jelzi, hogy látja, de a program nem fut le. a motorok nem indulnak el.

mi lehet egy probléma?

Azt észrevettem, hogy ascrach ablakban a parancsoknál zöldről sárgára váltott a kis lámpa. ha rámegyek akkor a következő felirat jelenik meg  állítsd be a motor irányítási hibáját: névhiba ír ki, de egy név azonos az Sbrick beállításokban szereplő névvel. 

Üdvözlettel:

Gergely

This post was edited by Gergely Tóth at May 7, 2018 10:12 PM CEST
  • April 27, 2018 3:41 PM CEST
    Gerald Beykirch said:

Dear Kristof, 

I owned a SBrick PLUS and started to use it in a first smal car model: forward-backward-left-right and light on/off.

This is nice but a combination with other sensors and programming would be great to extend its functionality.

Kristof, you mentioned one year ago that the Scratch connection is under development as well for the SBrick Plus.

Before I enter into Scratch, it is possible already?

Thanks

Gerald

Sorry, I haven't tested lately.

• 1 posts
    April 25, 2018 5:17 PM CEST

Dear Kristof, 

I owned a SBrick PLUS and started to use it in a first smal car model: forward-backward-left-right and light on/off.

This is nice but a combination with other sensors and programming would be great to extend its functionality.

Kristof, you mentioned one year ago that the Scratch connection is under development as well for the SBrick Plus.

Before I enter into Scratch, it is possible already?

Thanks

Gerald

• July 13, 2017 11:25 PM CEST

[blockquote]Kristóf Csillag said:

However, last time I checked (a few days ago), the configuration menu of S2Bot only listed the SBrick, not the SBrick plus...

[/blockquote]

Also, the release notes for S2Bot doesn't mention anything about the SBring Plus... does that mean that this integration is currently only possible with the (direct) Scratch plugin, which is only available for Windows 10 or Chomr OS, but not for Linux?

Thank you for eplaining:

Kristof

• July 13, 2017 11:26 AM CEST

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

Hello Guys, 

At the moment the S2Bot support only the simple SBrick, but we are nearly finished the developing of a new plugin for the SBrick Plus. 

Soon it will be available, with some new features! :) 

[/blockquote]

Hi, what is the current status of this?

According to the current status described here, the recommended way for connecting Scratch and SBrick on Linux (and OSX) is still the S2Bot app.

However, last time I checked (a few days ago), the configuration menu of S2Bot only listed the SBrick, not the SBrick plus...

Thank you for explaining.

• 2 posts
    March 3, 2017 6:43 PM CET

Hi Jerfaas,

Thanks! That solved the problem. Next steps for me are:

1. to get 2 SBricks simultaneously up and running in the same (Scratch) program. I thought I read somewhere that this is not (yet) possible.
    2. explore the Javascript programming possibilities.

Anyone experience with this?

Regards,

Stefan Sanders

• March 2, 2017 10:40 PM CET

Hi Stefan,

In the if statement you just typed MoveSensor in the green block... Thats a string with the characters 'MoveSensor' instead of the variable named MoveSensor. 

Look for the orange data variable !!!

It should look like this...

Kind Regards,

J. de Jong

• 2 posts
    March 2, 2017 10:15 PM CET

Started today with my experiments with Scratch and the SBrick Plus. I never used both of them, so I'm going through a steep learning curve. So after an evening of trying, I'm able to control my SBrick Plus from Scratch on my Windows 10 laptop with respect to motors. Next step was a very simple use of the motion sensor: If movement is detected then start a motor else stop the motor.

When running the program and creating movement in front of the sensor, I see the variable MoveSensor changing from 0 (no movement) to 98 (movement detected) but the motor connected to port B keeps spinning all the time. Why, what am I doing wrong? 

Regards,

Stefan Sanders

• 144 posts
    February 26, 2017 12:14 PM CET

[blockquote]Bernát Tarján said:

Thank you.

Will it work on Windows 7? :o

[/blockquote]

Dear Bernát,

We will publish the new release in March that will supports Windows 7.

As Windows 7 does not have BLE features integrated you need to use a "custom" BLE usb stick for communication.

That is the Bled112 for example. You can buy it in our store too: https://sbrickstore.com/bluegiga-bled112-bluetooth-smart-dongle.html

This post was edited by Lénárd Pásztor at February 26, 2017 12:15 PM CET
    • 3 posts
    February 26, 2017 6:50 AM CET

Thank you.

Will it work on Windows 7? :o

• February 22, 2017 10:29 PM CET

another small tutorial for scratch (in windows 10):

The next experiment was a project to drive my basic tank like construction (with 2 motors attched to Port C and D)

A created 3 new blocks: 1 to Stop all motors, 1 to turn (with a variable number to set the power on both motors) and 1 to move (also with a variable number (i changed the default name form number1 to Speed). For my construction one motor has to rotate in the other direction to move the vehicle forward. To these block I attached the POWER blocks.

And added some events for the different arrow keys for move forward, backwards and turn in either direction. The spacebar event stops all motors!

• February 22, 2017 10:08 PM CET

Hello,

It's working for me in Windows 10 (on 3 of my 4 bricks) !   It seems that the scratch environment is still in development, while I saw new SBrick building blocks in scratch.

Today I first followed the instructions on https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/43/slug/sbrick-plugin-for-scratch-how-to. After that you can make a test project in Scratch for testing the sensors.

Add 2 variables to the project and display them on the screen: I added a movem variable for the distance sensor (or movement sensor) and created a variable named 'tilt' for the tilt. (check the tickboxes to display them on the screen)

Create the simple 'testprogram'.

First use the CONNECT block (on the More blocks tab). I named my Sbrick 'C9' using the red Sbrick application in Windows so I changed the name in Scratch to. Set the right sensors, power (motors and light) to A, B, C and D. In the beginning I had some problems with my motion sensor, but after a restart of my Scratch environment it worked as expected. You can test the connection using the hoover on the 'READY block; it should show true.

Fill a REPEAT block whith 2 blocks that sets the value for the tilt and movem variables. Use the TILT SENSOR block (which in my experiment was attached on Port A of my birck called C9. On Port B I had attched the movement sensor.

If it doesn't work... You can test with the READY block!

Good luck. 

Kind regards,  J de Jong

• 486 posts
    February 7, 2017 11:12 AM CET

[blockquote]J e r f a a s de Jong said:

Hi, 

I don't understand why the 'Sbrick Scratch' option isn't available for a long time... Reinstalling or updating doesn't show the option

(it is a screenshot I save some weeks ago - see my 22 January post)

The last weeks I only see the 'Create New Scratch File' option, that only makes an empty file (or I don't understand)

Is there a trick to get the 'SBrick Scratch' back ?

Kind regards. J de Jong

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Soon we will release our new instructions for the Scratch support. 

It will be available here, https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/37/slug/education

We ask for your patience. 

Best regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• February 6, 2017 12:34 PM CET

Hi, 

I don't understand why the 'Sbrick Scratch' option isn't available for a long time... Reinstalling or updating doesn't show the option

(it is a screenshot I save some weeks ago - see my 22 January post)

The last weeks I only see the 'Create New Scratch File' option, that only makes an empty file (or I don't understand)

Is there a trick to get the 'SBrick Scratch' back ?

Kind regards. J de Jong

• January 22, 2017 7:20 AM CET

The new solution for Scratch is described in the following link (I am not sure if this is Officially released yet)

https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/43/slug/sbrick-plugin-for-scratch-how-to

One of my first working application for using the keyboard to control a tank (powered by a left and a right motor)

Sorry for the dutch version: pijltje means arrow on the keyboard, Rechtdoor = Straight forward (both wheels turns in equal direction but in my construction one motor has to rotate in the other direction), Draai = turn (wheels go in opposite direction, both motor in equal direction)

Thanks for all the good work of the Sbrick team!

J de Jong

• January 21, 2017 7:48 PM CET

Hi,

There is a new way to connect Scratch and the SBrick plus. I think it is still in beta and experienced that the developers were working on it (menu's changed several times last weekend). I wait untill the solution is more stable, though it was very nice to control my car with a tilt sensor in scratch!!!

J de Jong

• 3 posts
    January 21, 2017 12:42 PM CET

Hi,

We also have an SBrick Plus, and my son keeps asking me "when can we use Scratch with it?".

Do you have any news about when it will be available?

Cheers,

Dénes

• 486 posts
    December 24, 2016 12:54 AM CET

Hello Guys, 

At the moment the S2Bot support only the simple SBrick, but we are nearly finished the developing of a new plugin for the SBrick Plus. 

Soon it will be available, with some new features! :) 

Stay tuned, soon we are share some great news! 

Have a nice Holiday, 

Balint

Sbrick Team

• 7 posts
    December 22, 2016 6:59 PM CET

It looks like S2Bot has not been developed for Sbrick Plus. Disappointing, as we were promised this.

• 486 posts
    December 21, 2016 3:18 PM CET

[blockquote]J e r f a a s de Jong said:

Hi,

In scratch I can only set motors and lights on and off (that works fine), but I don't see events for my tilt and distance sensors.

Today I recieved my SBrick PLUS! I followed the instruction on connecting a SBrick using e BLED112 dongle and 2sbot (https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/38/slug/running-s2bot-on-windows). I found 'SBrick' as a target (and not SBrick PLUS), so probably this is the cause.

Kind regards

J de Jong

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Thank you for the report, we will check this! 

We ask for some patience, 

Regards,

Balint - SBrick Team

• December 20, 2016 8:44 PM CET

Hi,

In scratch I can only set motors and lights on and off (that works fine), but I don't see events for my tilt and distance sensors.

Today I recieved my SBrick PLUS! I followed the instruction on connecting a SBrick using e BLED112 dongle and 2sbot (https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/38/slug/running-s2bot-on-windows). I found 'SBrick' as a target (and not SBrick PLUS), so probably this is the cause.

Kind regards

J de Jong