Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Sbrick Plus failed Firmware update

• 1 posts
    April 10, 2018 12:59 AM CEST

Hi All,

I have similar problem with my SBrick Plus.
    After upgrade via Windows Mobile 10 and SBrick app, i have problem with:
    1. The channel D stopped work (other channel work fine)
    2. The app says that i can upgrade firmware, but after whole process goes to the ends, version is still the same:
    HW version: 5.0
    FW version: 5.11

I have also tried upgrade from the "SBrick Scratch Driver" app (v0.353 2017-12-18) from PC (Win7+BLED112 dongle), but result is similar.
    SBrick Scratch Driver shows that FW can be upgraded to version 21. When process go to the end, version is still 11.

Thank you in advance for your help or any suggestion.

Regards,
    Karol

• 1 posts
    January 13, 2018 1:13 AM CET

It seems, I've got the same problem with one of my SBrick Plus. I've unfortunatelly managed to downgrade an SBrick Plus to a standard SBrick while trying to update the firmware using an SBrick app for Nokia Lumia with Windows 8 (Unfortunatelly this was the only way then). The information displayed in the Brick Settings before update looked like:

• Hardware Version: 11.0
    • Firmware Version: 11.20

After the update it looked like:

• Hardware Version: 11.0 (might be wrong on Windows 10 in "SBrick Scratch Driver" I get 5)
    • Firmware Version: 5.11

Trying to repeat the firmware update did not help. After I got access to a PC with Windows 10 I tried to update the firmware with "SBrick Scratch Driver" software. The information displayed there looked as following (before and after an update):

• Hardware Variant: Standard (5)
    • Firmware version: 11 (latest available: 21)

"SBrick Scratch Driver" software confirms a succesfull firmware update. But during the reconnection I get an error message: firmware update failed - error code: 408. On an another SBrick Plus (I did not update its firmware yet) the information displayed by the "SBrick Scratch Driver" software is correct:

• Hardware Variant: Plus (11)
    • Firmware version: 20 (latest available: 21)

Is there any way to get the broken SBrick Plus to get its correct functionality back again?

This post was edited by Paul Justus at January 13, 2018 1:24 AM CET
    • 486 posts
    March 9, 2017 9:26 AM CET

[blockquote]Michel Scheffer said:

Hi Balint, just send an e-mail.

[/blockquote]

Hello Michel, 

Thank you, we got the mail. Soon we will give you a reply! 

We ask for your patience, 

Best regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 11 posts
    March 8, 2017 11:15 PM CET

Hi Balint, just send an e-mail.

• 486 posts
    March 8, 2017 2:16 PM CET

Hi Balint,

It's almost another month since last update, how is your investigation regarding this firmware update issue? And have you considered helping me as a customer for exchanging my still non functioning Sbrick plus?

I'd really like you to get back to me with a solution, as clearly 2.5month of trying updating the firmware has not resolved the issue.

Kind regards,

Michel Scheffer

[/blockquote]

Dear Michel, 

Please contact us via e-mail, cause it is a little bit easier for us to see through the lines with the help of that. 

Of course we will help you, and solve the problem. 

Please contact us at info@sbrick.com 

Thanks, 

Balint

• 11 posts
    March 8, 2017 7:44 AM CET

Hi Balint,

It's almost another month since last update, how is your investigation regarding this firmware update issue? And have you considered helping me as a customer for exchanging my still non functioning Sbrick plus?

I'd really like you to get back to me with a solution, as clearly 2.5month of trying updating the firmware has not resolved the issue.

Kind regards,

Michel Scheffer

• 486 posts
    February 9, 2017 4:39 PM CET

Hi Balint,

In the mean time I tried to update to the latest firmware, with unfortunately the same result. Firmware update reports succesfull, but no change in firmware is made.

The way I see it with my limited knowledge, the problem is not the firmware itself, but the application/ method used for updating the firmware. Have tried all options until now, all with the same result.

Please advice.

Kind regards, Michel

[/blockquote]

Dear Michel, 

We will check this again, soon we wil get back to you! 

Sorry for the inconvenience, 

Best regards,

Balint

SBrick Team

• 11 posts
    February 8, 2017 7:33 PM CET

Hi Balint,

In the mean time I tried to update to the latest firmware, with unfortunately the same result. Firmware update reports succesfull, but no change in firmware is made.

The way I see it with my limited knowledge, the problem is not the firmware itself, but the application/ method used for updating the firmware. Have tried all options until now, all with the same result.

Please advice.

Kind regards, Michel

• 12 posts
    February 7, 2017 7:42 PM CET

Hi Balint.

I tried to update my Sbrick plus samsung grand prime with the new application and further can not be updated; /.

Please help me.

• 486 posts
    February 7, 2017 11:18 AM CET

Hi SBrick team, please can you update us on your actions? If not through the formal SBrick app, then please provide some way to restore the SBrick+ to a functional firmware.

Basically I have a non-functioning product right now and am really looking forward to have fun time with my daughter "programming" cause and effect cyscles. Thank you

[/blockquote]

Dear Michel, 

Did you updated your SBrick's firmware to the newest version? (It is 18.) 

Please check it. 

Regards,

Balint
    Sbrick Team

• 11 posts
    February 5, 2017 3:19 PM CET

Hi Balint,

Three weeks have passed without any further update, I'm trying to be really patient here but at the same time I haven't been able to enjoy my Sbrick Plus at all yet.  I'm reading all kinds of great marketing updates, but at the moment I'm very sorry to say I'm not inpressed with the after sales activities right now.

Shall I propose a solution myself?; send mine back to you and you send me a new one?

Hope to hear from you again.

Kind regards, Michel Scheffer

• 486 posts
    January 13, 2017 3:21 PM CET

Hi SBrick team, please can you update us on your actions? If not through the formal SBrick app, then please provide some way to restore the SBrick+ to a functional firmware.

Basically I have a non-functioning product right now and am really looking forward to have fun time with my daughter "programming" cause and effect cyscles. Thank you

[/blockquote]

We absolutely understand your compliment. 

We do our best to solve this issue. 

We ask for your patience, 

Have a nice day, 
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• 11 posts
    January 12, 2017 7:10 PM CET

• 12 posts
    January 6, 2017 3:14 PM CET

I hope you fix your updates to Sbrick plus. I'm looking forward.

• 486 posts
    January 6, 2017 1:44 PM CET

Hello Guys, 

Thank you for the report. Our developers starten an investigation considering the fw update issue. 

We ask for your patience, we do our best! 

Thank you, 

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 12 posts
    January 6, 2017 2:35 AM CET

I have the same problem.Message is correct update, but is still version 5.11. Even though I no longer know how many times I tried to update Sbrick. ;/ Please help.

• 11 posts
    January 6, 2017 12:15 AM CET

Today I tried to update and force update the firmware through the Sbrick Simple App, and again the app confirms a succesfull firmware update. But after reconnect it's still version 4.4. The Forced firmware updates provides option to upgrade older firmware release 4.17, 5.11. and 11.x. I tried them all but again still running version 4.4.

SBrick team I really need your help! Hoping for a prompt reply!

• 11 posts
    January 4, 2017 7:11 PM CET

I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which worked with the app and the sbrick’s from the previous KS campaign.
    Hope to hear from you soon, so get the problem fixed and start using the new PLUS.

Also tested with Samsung Galaxy S5. Same result. 

• 486 posts
    January 4, 2017 11:47 AM CET

Hi Balint, following a possible solution mentioned in another thread, connecting and disconnecting the Sbrick through the Phone's Bluetooth setting results now in a message "firmware update completed, please restart your mobile device" after the app keeps displaying "please update your Sbrick" when starting the app, followed by update firmware. So after the completed message and rebooting my phone I open the app again, but it seems nothing has changed and the app again tells me to update the firmware. So I'm still stuck in a circle. Currently the app displays Hardware version 4, Firmware version 4.

Looking forward to head from you.

[/blockquote]

Hello Michel, 

What kind of device do you use? 

Regards, 
    Balint 
    SBrick Team

• 12 posts
    January 4, 2017 11:20 AM CET

I have the same problem with my Sbrick plus. :/ Please help.

• 11 posts
    January 3, 2017 11:44 PM CET

Hi Balint, following a possible solution mentioned in another thread, connecting and disconnecting the Sbrick through the Phone's Bluetooth setting results now in a message "firmware update completed, please restart your mobile device" after the app keeps displaying "please update your Sbrick" when starting the app, followed by update firmware. So after the completed message and rebooting my phone I open the app again, but it seems nothing has changed and the app again tells me to update the firmware. So I'm still stuck in a circle. Currently the app displays Hardware version 4, Firmware version 4.

Looking forward to head from you.

• 11 posts
    January 3, 2017 11:02 PM CET

Hi Balint, replying to your update by mail delivered a bounce, so I now update it in de forum directly:

I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which worked with the app and the sbrick’s from the previous KS campaign.
    Hope to hear from you soon, so get the problem fixed and start using the new PLUS 

• 486 posts
    January 3, 2017 3:00 PM CET

Hi All,

Just received my SBrick Plus, thank you SBrick team.

After unpacking immediatly connected and paired the SBP. Unfortunately I've had an older version off the SB App (only realised this later) installed and after some non functional tests I tried a firware update, which it performed, but I had even less functionality after that (ie. light was out and didnt go on anymore). I figured to update the app to the latest version and do another firmware update...all runs well until it shows Resfreshing SBrick Reconnect....and this just keeps running, and running and running. Killed the app and tried again, with the same result.

Is there any way to restore the original firmware and connect it to the latest version off the app? (and will the lastest version also be compatbile with SBricks with older firmware, ie. can I update the firmware through the latest app?)

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Michel

[/blockquote]

Hello Michael, 

What kind of device do you have? 

Please contact us on info@sbrick.com again, and we will solve the problem. :) 

Best wishes, 
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• 11 posts
    January 2, 2017 11:57 PM CET

Hi All,

Just received my SBrick Plus, thank you SBrick team.

After unpacking immediatly connected and paired the SBP. Unfortunately I've had an older version off the SB App (only realised this later) installed and after some non functional tests I tried a firware update, which it performed, but I had even less functionality after that (ie. light was out and didnt go on anymore). I figured to update the app to the latest version and do another firmware update...all runs well until it shows Resfreshing SBrick Reconnect....and this just keeps running, and running and running. Killed the app and tried again, with the same result.

Is there any way to restore the original firmware and connect it to the latest version off the app? (and will the lastest version also be compatbile with SBricks with older firmware, ie. can I update the firmware through the latest app?)

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Michel