Forums » Support

Back To Topics

WEDO MOVEMENT SENSOR ACCURACY WITH SBRICK PLUS

• 2 posts
    January 15, 2017 10:58 PM CET

With last update 15/01/2017, connection with SCRATCH 2.0 Offline works great! but movement sensor return poor values.

From 0 to 100:

- 10 cm or more return zero value

- 10cm to 8 cm return proportional value 0 to 100

- 8cm to 0 cm return 100

And if sensor is touching surface return zero value.

Please, solve it to get proportional value like wedo connection with usb HUB and scratch: from 30cm to 0cm returns proportional value from 100 to 0

Thanks!

• 486 posts
    January 16, 2017 9:10 PM CET

Daniel Avia said:

With last update 15/01/2017, connection with SCRATCH 2.0 Offline works great! but movement sensor return poor values.

From 0 to 100:

- 8cm to 0 cm return 100

Please, solve it to get proportional value like wedo connection with usb HUB and scratch: from 30cm to 0cm returns proportional value from 100 to 0

Thanks!

Dear Daniel, 

Thank you for the report, our developers will check this! 

We ask for your patience, 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    January 16, 2017 9:15 PM CET

You are doing fantastic job! thanks

• 3 posts
    July 9, 2017 8:57 PM CEST
    First of all I really like this product and I am especially proud that it is coming from Hungary which I only discovered after I bought it here in Switzerland. Really great work, guys!

The basics are working great, I quickly managed to set it up and convert my 4x4 Offroader with my iPad within 15 minutes. One of the reasons why I ordered the plus version was the support of Wedo 1.0 sensors. I bought a wedo 1.0 set couple of years ago for my daughter, so that I was glad that with SBrick we can use it without a cable.

Now, this is where my problems start. I set it up on a Microsoft Surface with win 10. Unfortunately, scratch only works very randomly. I have to reset the driver many times to get it run once. The examples on the wabpage seem to be written for an older version of the driver, so that they don't work at all. I wasn't able to get readings from the two sensors. Sometimes the motors ran but most of the time they didn't. Any suggestions?

BTW, it would be great if you could indicate on the device which port is A, B, C and D. I could not find any information and had to fogure out by experimenting.

Best regards,
    Andras
    • 486 posts
    July 11, 2017 10:43 AM CEST

Andras Kelemen said: First of all I really like this product and I am especially proud that it is coming from Hungary which I only discovered after I bought it here in Switzerland. Really great work, guys! The basics are working great, I quickly managed to set it up and convert my 4x4 Offroader with my iPad within 15 minutes. One of the reasons why I ordered the plus version was the support of Wedo 1.0 sensors. I bought a wedo 1.0 set couple of years ago for my daughter, so that I was glad that with SBrick we can use it without a cable. Now, this is where my problems start. I set it up on a Microsoft Surface with win 10. Unfortunately, scratch only works very randomly. I have to reset the driver many times to get it run once. The examples on the wabpage seem to be written for an older version of the driver, so that they don't work at all. I wasn't able to get readings from the two sensors. Sometimes the motors ran but most of the time they didn't. Any suggestions? BTW, it would be great if you could indicate on the device which port is A, B, C and D. I could not find any information and had to fogure out by experimenting. Best regards, Andras

Dear Andras, 

Thank you for the kind words! 

How did you try to connect the SBrick to Scratch? 

Regarding your computer you have to use the Windows Plugin we created.

(Here you can find it https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/43/slug/sbrick-plugin-for-scratch-how-to)

Regarding the suggestion, thank you very much, we will see what we can do. 

(From the top Left is A, the right is B. Bottom line on the left is C, and the right is D.) 

If you need any further help, we ask you to contact us at info@sbrick.com 

Thank you!

Best,
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• 4 posts
    August 9, 2017 8:03 AM CEST
    Balint Mezei said:

Daniel Avia said:

From 0 to 100:

- 8cm to 0 cm return 100

Thanks!

Dear Daniel, 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

Dear Balint, Is there any Info about the 8-10cm issue? Yesterday my MOC train got the some problem with motion sensor in front. Do you have any useful info about it? Thanks, Gyuri
    • 486 posts
    August 9, 2017 6:39 PM CEST

György Ivaskó said:
    Balint Mezei said:

Daniel Avia said:

From 0 to 100:

- 8cm to 0 cm return 100

Thanks!

Dear Daniel, 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

Dear Balint, Is there any Info about the 8-10cm issue? Yesterday my MOC train got the some problem with motion sensor in front. Do you have any useful info about it? Thanks, Gyuri

Dear György, 

We are not expected this issue for a while. Is it sure that you have the newest version?

Here you can find it, http://sbrick.dewsys.com/windriverDev/install/install.php

It is a beta version yet, but please try it, and give us a feedback about it. 

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• 4 posts
    August 9, 2017 10:18 PM CEST

Balint Mezei said:

György Ivaskó said:
    Balint Mezei said:

Daniel Avia said:

From 0 to 100:

- 8cm to 0 cm return 100

Thanks!

Dear Daniel, 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

Dear György, 

We are not expected this issue for a while. Is it sure that you have the newest version?

Here you can find it, http://sbrick.dewsys.com/windriverDev/install/install.php

It is a beta version yet, but please try it, and give us a feedback about it. 

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Balint
    SBrick Team

Actually I made a simple profile with PD at my PC running Ubuntu Linux, then I used it in my Galaxy J5 phone in SBrick v4.2 Update 3 app. I experienced the limited range. After that I checked RAW data in the app using Movement Sensor Calibration. RAW value 115 constantly until appr. 6.5cm and it becomes 54 from appr. 4cm to 0cm. SBrick Plus temperature is about 45 degree, voltage 7.23V, hardware ver 11, firmware ver 18. Android 6.0.1.

Update: my measurements with another SBrick Plus and two other Motion Sensors:

101 -> 51 RAW value on 12cm -> 8cm (temp 42deg, 7.65V, hw ver 11, fw ver 18)

How performed for you the Motion Sensor? Its range depends on voltage maybe?!

Thanks for your answer in advance!

This post was edited by György Ivaskó at August 9, 2017 10:44 PM CEST
    • 10 posts
    September 2, 2017 9:05 AM CEST

Hello! Our tilt and distanse sensors ( WeDo) don't work on Scratch. We can't get feedback from them. We always see the same values ​​of 2 and 100.

We do not understand how to control the sensors via SBrick, we can only choose to which inputs the sensors are connected, but we do not get values ​​from them. 

• 3 posts
    September 3, 2017 8:04 AM CEST

Hi all, I tried out the new beta 1.0 driver under Windows 10 which Balint posted in August. It connects reliably with my two SBrick Plus and can also be used from Scratch which didn't work with the previos version. The motors and servos can be driven but I can confirm Alyona's observation, that the WoDo 1.0 distance and tilt sensors do not work yet. The "get value" block returns 2 and the "distance" block returns 100, just like Alyona described above.

I did manage to read out the temperature, voltage and hardware values using this new driver and the corresponding getter scratch blocks.

This post was edited by Andras Kelemen at September 3, 2017 9:25 AM CEST
    • 10 posts
    October 11, 2017 3:56 PM CEST

Alyona Dobrodey said:

Hello! Our tilt and distanse sensors ( WeDo) don't work on Scratch. We can't get feedback from them. We always see the same values ​​of 2 and 100.

We do not understand how to control the sensors via SBrick, we can only choose to which inputs the sensors are connected, but we do not get values ​​from them. 

More than a month has passed. If you have new solutions to my problem?