Forums » Introduce Yourself

Back To Topics

Hello from an educator

• 340 posts
    August 19, 2015 10:45 AM CEST

[blockquote]Jayne Carter said:

Hi Lénárd,

I vollunteer with my friend and have been using Power functions to teach basic engineering, the sort of thing that Technic is so good for, gears, drive systems and levers. Putting this stuff into a car and then giving the kids the controller can be fun, but often fraught with danger for my kit when an angry nine year old uses the controller as a hitting tool when fighting with his/her friends.

As you can imagine I am not overly keen on giving them my partners mobile to use as a controller. Have you guys given any thought to an actual physical controller pad, similar to the LEgo one, but with the advantage of being actually built for the S-Brick?

I am aware that one of the great things about the SBrick is just how versaitile it is, so such a controller would probably be complicated to design, but given how simple the original Lego ones are, maybe you could create a comparible unit?

Anyway, the new term starts soon and I am rather hoping that I can show them some cool new trucks and systems. I have been asked if I can build them a merry-go-round, with Lego horses and in minifig scale, now there is a challenge and I am sure that I could incorperate my SBrick into that easily enough.

[/blockquote]

Hi,

Our plan is to support hardware gamepad like ps3 joystick. This is a really wanted feature of our fans.  We don't plan to create our own hardware remote, we try to support as many as possible existing hw controllers.

• 340 posts
    July 21, 2015 12:35 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jayne Carter said:

Thank you Tamas, I shall check that link out.

I am enjoying the SBrick though, it is such fun to control a large lego truck with just a mobile phone!

[/blockquote]

Hi,

If you have any suggestions how can we fit better in education please start to discuss it! :)

• 164 posts
    July 19, 2015 10:37 AM CEST

Hi Jayne :)

User guide for the profile designer: https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/10/slug/user-guide-for-profile-designer

The
    minimum device requirements:
    Android 4.3
    iOS 8.0
    Windows Phone 8.1 

If you have any device with these OS, then you will able to use the SBrick :)

If you have any other question, feel free contact us.