Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Multiple train motors with one SBrick

• October 23, 2017 12:54 PM CEST

Thanks for the info.  I get my SBricks on Wednesday.  I will have to play with them to see.  I dont mind the motors slowing down, I just dont want them jerking stop and go like the Lego sensors do.  I am only running 7.4 volts so I am not pushing the system to its limits by any means.  I mainly have that many power trucks for traction.  Any less and they start slipping a lot. 

• 37 posts
    October 21, 2017 7:34 AM CEST

Vengit claims a huge current load, but in practice, the SBrick current limiting circuitry  kicks in and slows your motors to a crawl.  If you have to push those big trains up a hill, I think that two motors per channel won't work.

• October 19, 2017 1:56 PM CEST

Hi,

I display my lego trains during the holidays.  Most of my trains run on 4 train truck motors.  I have a large train that uses 6 train truck motors.  I currently have to use 3 Lego IR sensors to power it.  It is frustrating when the sensors go out of sync.  Can one SBrick power 4 or 6 motors (2 motors per port)?  I run my trains on 2S lipos (7.4 volts).  Thanks for any answers.