Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick becoming unavailable and available again

• 340 posts
    May 5, 2021 12:26 PM CEST
    Mykola Pokhylets said:

I've tried with a different device, and now with proper extension cable. And eliminated mechanical issues, which could lead to motors being stuck. With iPhone 7+ (now upgraded to 14.4.2) problem starts at about 5-7m, and gets worse with larger distance. With iPhone 12 (iOS 14.4.1) it starts at about 15-20 meters.

Can you please retry the test with the ground, not in water? I'm courious about it will have a difference or not.

• April 30, 2021 10:15 PM CEST

I've tried with a different device, and now with proper extension cable. And eliminated mechanical issues, which could lead to motors being stuck. With iPhone 7+ (now upgraded to 14.4.2) problem starts at about 5-7m, and gets worse with larger distance. With iPhone 12 (iOS 14.4.1) it starts at about 15-20 meters.

• 340 posts
    April 22, 2021 10:28 AM CEST

Hi,

Is there a chance to upgrade your iOS to 14.5?

• April 21, 2021 10:09 PM CEST

Was using it outdoors, in the middle of the small lake. No electrical devices (aside from motors being controlled) in the range of 30+ meters.

App - SBrick v4.7. Update 3. Running on iOS 13.5.1.

Hardware Version 12

Firmware Version 26

• 340 posts
    April 21, 2021 12:38 PM CEST

Hi,

Strange problem. I never tested the SBrick powered by an IR receiver, but I think this could work.

The range seems a bit short. Does the SBrick next to a motor or any electrical device?

What is the OS and SBrick app version what you are using? What is the FW version of the SBrick?

• April 21, 2021 12:04 PM CEST
    Just received my first SBrick. Quick testing at home didn’t show any issues, but when using it outside it was disconnecting from the app. Everything works for <30s, app shows that my SBrick is unavailable, I close controls and reopen them again, in few seconds it becomes available again. Repeated this a good dozen of times. Not periodic- sometimes it was working fine for about 30s, sometimes becoming unavailable right after becoming available. I’m not sure what is happening there, would appreciate some help with troubleshooting.

My setup: 3 medium motors on channels A,C,D. Motors on C and D are used for movement and work almost all the time. Motor on A operates a manipulator is off most of the time. I’ve forgot to order the cable, so as a workaround I connected original IR receiver to the battery box, and put SBrick on top of the connector. No commands were sent to the IR receiver.

My model is a boat. I was testing it in fresh still but a bit muddy water. Boat is using propellers under the surface of water, there were no splashes and SBrick seemed to be dry.

Distance was about 10-20m. Cannot say what was happening with the LED because of the distance.

In the beginning battery indicator in the SBrick app was showing 70%, in the end - 0%. Voltage on batteries without load after usage - 4*1.5 + 1.34 + 1.15.