Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Joy stick tank steering

• 340 posts
    November 22, 2018 3:45 PM CET

You can use the joystick to drive a tank if you rotate the joy by 45 degrees. You probably will need to invert one or two motor direction to get the right directions.

• 8 posts
    March 15, 2018 10:00 PM CET

I never get a answer to this question surprised
    but I found my answer, if you are german or can translate form german, have a look on my website SeiteSucht.de

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On Question, I build a Sherp ATV with 4 L- Motors ( each per Wheel ). Now I will use a Tank Joystick Control. 45 Degree turn of the Joystick so far I understood, but where I put the motor Ports ? To steering or to access ? That is not clear for me. Thanks for the answer. Regards, Stefan

This post was edited by Stefan Andreef at June 22, 2018 8:59 PM CEST
    • 164 posts
    February 1, 2016 12:57 PM CET

[blockquote]J D said:

Hi Tamas,

Many thanks for your help. That has now worked and i am able to tank steer using the Sbrick with a single joystick.

This is what i am using it to control, its a Lego MOC-0678 called Race2 and is designed by Christoph Bartneck https://rebrickable.com/mocs/ChristophBartneck/race2

This is my first MOC that i have made and the Sbrick makes it great fun, my 4 year old loves it.

[/blockquote]

What a great creation! Really great idea, I love it! :) Thanks for sharing with us.

• 164 posts
    February 1, 2016 12:56 PM CET

[blockquote]Denis Emery said:

Hi Tamas.

When i use the 2 tracks in same time, to go straight, the motors are not in full power. what can i do?

Thanks

[/blockquote]

Yes, it was a small bug in the Android application. Please update the App, our developers already fixed it. 

• 2 posts
    January 27, 2016 1:51 PM CET

Hi Tamas.

When i use the 2 tracks in same time, to go straight, the motors are not in full power. what can i do?

Thanks

• J D
    • 2 posts
    January 20, 2016 7:26 PM CET

Hi Tamas,

Many thanks for your help. That has now worked and i am able to tank steer using the Sbrick with a single joystick.

This is what i am using it to control, its a Lego MOC-0678 called Race2 and is designed by Christoph Bartneck https://rebrickable.com/mocs/ChristophBartneck/race2

This is my first MOC that i have made and the Sbrick makes it great fun, my 4 year old loves it.

This post was edited by J D at January 20, 2016 7:26 PM CET
    • 164 posts
    January 20, 2016 2:07 PM CET

Hello JD,

I made a short video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ThHEaeKaQ

I
    rotated the Joystick from 0 to 45 degreess.
    I also renamed the Channels:
    The X channel will be the "Left Track"
    And the Y channel will be the "Right Track"

Please do a same profile.
    The next step: you need to set up the ports in the application.

Your LEGO modell has two motors for the tracks rights? One for the left track and an another one for the right track. You just need to assign the right track's motor to the "Right Track" channel, and the left track's motor to the "Left Track" chanell.

If you have any questions just let me know and I will help you.

• J D
    • 2 posts
    January 19, 2016 8:12 PM CET

Hi,

I have tried to get this to work seeting up a joypad at 45 degreess, with channel A and B set up to steer the left and right motors, but i am unabel to get it to steer. It only goes forward or backwards with the joypad.

Could someone please explain in a bit more detail on how to get tank steering working using only one joypad.

Many thanks

• 5 posts
    June 21, 2015 5:19 AM CEST
    Ok awsome thank you
    • 164 posts
    June 20, 2015 5:15 PM CEST

Here it is a video from Sariel: https://goo.gl/r21TUf
    He
    also control his tank by this "45 degree rotated joystick" :)

This post was edited by Tamas Misik at January 20, 2016 2:26 PM CET
    • 340 posts
    June 19, 2015 4:42 PM CEST

You can use the "joystick" control element in the profile designer. If you rotate it by 45 degree it will work fine. You need to assign to x,y controls to the SBrick ports where are you connected the motors for the tank.

• 5 posts
    March 12, 2015 2:50 PM CET
    I don't know if this has been mentioned in previous topics but is it possible to use a joy stick control for tank steering. If so how would I do that.