Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Cannot connect to sbrick

• 340 posts
    March 4, 2022 9:50 AM CET
    Jurgen Van Stijn said:

Hello All, 

I have a question about 2 sbrick modules ive got.
    I cant connect with them with the Sbrick app or any other app.

The led on the sbrick are both green.

Tested it with sbrick simple control and nRF but they dont appear.
    Also tested it with android, ios and windows.

Is there a way to reset a sbrick?
    Maybe someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

hmm interesting. never heard a problem like this before. Please contact the support at info@sbrick.com you may receive replacement units.

• March 2, 2022 5:05 PM CET

Hello All, 

I have a question about 2 sbrick modules ive got.
    I cant connect with them with the Sbrick app or any other app.

The led on the sbrick are both green.

Tested it with sbrick simple control and nRF but they dont appear.
    Also tested it with android, ios and windows.

Is there a way to reset a sbrick?
    Maybe someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

• 2 posts
    January 30, 2018 9:36 AM CET

Few days ago I probably forgot the battery box switch open. Yesterday the battery box light did not lighted up. The batteries were fully discharged (I guess because of the sbrick’s Bluetooth operation). I changed the batteries and the battery box led works (I also tested the battery box with a motor – It was OK).

But the sbrick does not respond . No led working and cannot be found from my iPhone app.

Do you have any idea of what it might be happened or have you faced this before ?  is there a possibility of sbrick failure because I forgot it open and worked for many hours ?

• 5 posts
    November 13, 2015 10:08 AM CET

Hi Tamas,

with IOS 9 i can update the SBRIK to 4.4 without Problems.

And the IOS App works much much better then the Andoid App!

• 5 posts
    November 9, 2015 4:23 PM CET

Hi Tamas,

ok i pair the SBrick in the bluetooth settings menu.

Now i can control the LED and the motors connected to the SBrick.

But i can not update to 4.4

When i am trying to update the sbrick with the simple control application, it run to 2% or 2800 bytes and then i get a error telling me "Connection failed" and i can retry but getting the same error every time.

I order an "ipad mini 4" today, and can try the update with the ipad in a few days.

I hope the software works better with IOS 9

• 164 posts
    November 9, 2015 1:43 PM CET

Dear Uwe,

Please try to pairing your phone with the SBrick in the phone's bluetooth settings menu, then try to update the SBrick's firmware again.

!IMPORTANT!
    If you paired the SBrick with your phone do NOT DELETE it later!

This post was edited by Tamas Misik at November 9, 2015 1:44 PM CET
    • 5 posts
    November 9, 2015 1:06 PM CET

Hi Tamas,

i have installed the Vers from dropbox an get then same error:

Connection the the SBrick with this program seems to be ok, but when i try to update it, it run to 2% or 2200 bytes and then i get a error telling me "Connection failed" and i can retry but getting the same error every time.

What else can i try?

• 164 posts
    November 9, 2015 11:51 AM CET

Dear Uwe,

Please delete the Simple Control App from your phone, and download this apk: https://www.dropbox.com/s/crziibp5nyzsgag/simplecontrol-201510021700.apk?dl=0

You will able to update your SBrick's firmware to 4.4 with this apk. After the udpate please restart your phone. 
    If you need any help just let me know. 

This post was edited by Tamas Misik at November 9, 2015 1:28 PM CET
    • 5 posts
    November 7, 2015 3:48 PM CET

I have got the same problem. I get my 2 sbricks last Monday. When I connected to the bricks, the app said to update the firmware on the bricks. After I did that, the bricks don't respond anymore and the LED is constantly on. When I try to run the firmware update again I get the same note as described above: Could not connect to SBrick, it might have been powred down, or gotten out of range"". I have turned off and on the BT on my phone in the mean time. 

I am trying to update the sbrick with the simple control application.
    Connection the the SBrick with this program seems to be ok, but when i try to update it, it run to 2% or 2200 bytes and then i get a error telling me "Connection failed" and i can retry but getting the same error every time.

The two SBrick is running firmware 4.3 right now,

I read this guide: https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/34/slug/android-sbrick-stops-working-after-ota-workaround

But nothing will work.

What else can i try?

I am running an Moto G2 with Android 5.0.2

• 164 posts
    October 23, 2015 5:47 PM CEST

Great news :) 

• October 23, 2015 5:09 PM CEST

Hey again

Thanks for the fast replay and i got my SBrick to 4.4 :D
    I have tryed a few things and i can get a stable connection to it every time now :D

Thanks for your help :D

• 164 posts
    October 23, 2015 3:53 PM CEST

Please delete the simple control application from your phone and instal this version:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/crziibp5nyzsgag/simplecontrol-201510021700.apk?dl=0

It
    should works. Update the firmware to 4.4 with this and restart your phone :)

• October 23, 2015 3:44 PM CEST

Hey again

I am trying to update the sbrick with the program you link me.
    Connection the the SBrick with this program seems to be ok, but when i try to update it, it run to 3% or 3800 bytes and then i get a error telling me "Connection failed" and i can retry but getting the same error every time.

Then i tryed to restart my phone and SBrick to try again, but now i only can see the SBrick in the app, but do i try to control it, i get connection error. do i try to update it, i get connection error even before i can chose what firmware to update to.

The SBrick is running firmware 4.3 right now,

What eles can i try?

• 164 posts
    October 23, 2015 12:45 PM CEST

Dear Mads,

Please download and update the SBrick's firmware with this application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.blecontrol
    After
    the update restart your pohne.

If you need any help just let me know. I'll help you. 

• October 22, 2015 9:16 PM CEST

I found out if i restart the phone and go into the SBrick app are ready, so when i turn on the sbrick i some time got 5sec of connection. maybe 1 out 10 times i try.
    And by luck got the update to run. The LED on it blinks alot when is running then auto shut of and then on. get the message on the phone that update is completed. 
    But still the same problem. I still only some time can connect to it for 5sec and then i lose the connection. :/
    I have tryed pair it again after the opdate on my phone. thats is working find. but still no help to connect to it in the app.
    Where can i see what firmware version it have?
    Dose it have a hard reset function some how?

I don't know what to do any more :/

• 340 posts
    October 21, 2015 7:15 PM CEST

[blockquote]Thomas Joling said:

I have got the same problem. I bought my sbricks some time ago and haven't used them much since, because the app wasn't stable yet. Now I got them out again. When I connected to the bricks, the app said to update the firmware on the bricks. After I did that, the bricks don't respond anymore and the LED is constantly on. When I try to run the firmware update again I get the same note as described above: Could not connect to SBrick, it might have been powred down, or gotten out of range"". I have turned off and on the BT on my phone in the mean time. 

I am running an Experia Z1 with Android 5.0.2

[/blockquote]

Hi

Please refer this guide: https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/34/slug/android-sbrick-stops-working-after-ota-workaround

• 1 posts
    October 21, 2015 4:00 PM CEST

I have got the same problem. I bought my sbricks some time ago and haven't used them much since, because the app wasn't stable yet. Now I got them out again. When I connected to the bricks, the app said to update the firmware on the bricks. After I did that, the bricks don't respond anymore and the LED is constantly on. When I try to run the firmware update again I get the same note as described above: Could not connect to SBrick, it might have been powred down, or gotten out of range"". I have turned off and on the BT on my phone in the mean time. 

I am running an Experia Z1 with Android 5.0.2

This post was edited by Thomas Joling at October 21, 2015 4:01 PM CEST
  • October 21, 2015 2:46 PM CEST

Hey all.

I got a sbrick for some time ago and use it alot in the start.
    Then my lego sat on a shelf for some time and now i cannot get a stable connection anymore from my phone.

First time nothing happen and i took the sbrick out of my lego set. tried again and it seems to work. but it in the lego set and it was working for 2min and lost connection. after that i have only have the look to get the identify led to blink once and nothing more.

The led is still on in the sbrick and have tried with new batteris, but no looks :/
    i only get this error now "Could not connect to SBrick, it might have been powred down, or gotten out of range" :( the SBrick is 20cm from my phone right now and the light is on in the sbrick.

Not sure what to do any more, so any one got any ideer on what i can try?

I have a sony Z1 compact running android 5.1.1

Hope someone can help me.

From Mads-Ejnar