Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Sbrick+

• 340 posts
    October 14, 2016 6:35 PM CEST

[blockquote]h c said:

This might be the answer to the original post:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sbrick/connect-code-create-with-sbrick-plus

I'd like to know what the differences are between the original sbrick and the plus.  The Twins pledge level indicates:  "harness the controlled power of the sbrick as well as the robotic capabilities of the plus."   So I'm guessing the original did not support programming languages (just profiles created via the designer?) and the plus now adds programming language support.  Where does the code for the plus execute? My guess is from within an app running on another device (smartphone, tablet, pc). Are all the features on the original supported by the plus or are there "controlled power" features missing from the plus? Is a comparison sheet available? 

Also,  the plus kickstarter page showcases a digger controlled by what looks to be a ps3 controller.  I searched the forums for ps3 but could not find anything.  How does one pair a ps3 controller to the sbrick and will the plus support it also? 

[/blockquote]

Hi,

The main differences has two parts.

1. The SBrick has the chiptuning feature, that means you can drive it with 11V/3A on each ports. So it gives you power for stronger and faster creations. Now you need custom lipo, or you can hack the battery box current limit and use with high voltage batteries to use this feature.

2. SBrick Plus connectors not only outputs, these are inputs too. So you can connect sensors.

Our plugins will support both of them to program. The code executed on client side, but it will can change in the future, if we can optimize the firmware.

Joystick support will be implemented in two ways and compatible with SBrick and SBrick Plus too.

1. in the app, that means the app will act as a gateway between the SBrick and the controller.

2. custom firmware. With custom fiwmares you can connect the joy to the SBrick directly.

• h c
    • 1 posts
    October 14, 2016 10:34 AM CEST

This might be the answer to the original post:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sbrick/connect-code-create-with-sbrick-plus

I'd like to know what the differences are between the original sbrick and the plus.  The Twins pledge level indicates:  "harness the controlled power of the sbrick as well as the robotic capabilities of the plus."   So I'm guessing the original did not support programming languages (just profiles created via the designer?) and the plus now adds programming language support.  Where does the code for the plus execute? My guess is from within an app running on another device (smartphone, tablet, pc). Are all the features on the original supported by the plus or are there "controlled power" features missing from the plus? Is a comparison sheet available? 

Also,  the plus kickstarter page showcases a digger controlled by what looks to be a ps3 controller.  I searched the forums for ps3 but could not find anything.  How does one pair a ps3 controller to the sbrick and will the plus support it also? 

• 5 posts
    September 14, 2016 4:57 AM CEST

..... still tuned in .... :)

• 164 posts
    August 14, 2016 10:42 AM CEST

Hey Rick,

You will get more information soon. Stay tuned! :) 

• 11 posts
    August 12, 2016 5:19 PM CEST

Hey guys,

saw this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STVELT8sJJ4) Video on YT and want to know, what SBrick+ is? Can you tell us some more information about the second generation?

Rumbble