Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick squeaks

• 310 posts
    September 4, 2016 11:38 PM CEST

[blockquote]Taylor Shin said:

Hi, I just got SBrick and installed it on my MOC car. (I didnt' test it with LEGO IR receiver) The car runs with 2 LEGO PF L motors directly paired and a servo motor. And its weight is about a Kg.

At first, the car runs like 5 to 10 meters without any problem but it slows down gradually and finally stops. If I try to run it afterwards, the SBrick squeaks and the batty LED blinks and nothing moves. 

It works OK if I lift the chassis and run the wheels in the air, of course. 

On the other hand, I tried to short the current limiter fuse in the LEGO AA battery box (mine is manufactured in 2013) but my AA battery box didn't have any current limiter installed. No, fuse but only C1 and R1 was soldered there, unlike here: 

http://www.philohome.com/alimservo/as0.jpg

So, I'm kind of stuck here... I tried to install 2 XL motors on a different model with similar weight (a bit heavier than this one)  but the same squeaky thing happened.

Is the squeak noise an internal current limiter alarm installed in SBrick?

[/blockquote]

Hello Taylor! 

This "squeky" noise is refer to power conditioning, if the sbrick got too much power, this save the SBrick from overheating. 

In normal case the SBrick would handle two L motors, in one port, but please try to connect the 3 motor to 3 different ports. 

The weight of the vehicle is also could be the problem if it is too heavy it needs more power of course. 

If this won't work, please check out your creaitons, there could any mistake in the building also. 

I hope i could helped to you, if you have further questions feel free to ask. 

Regards, 

Balint - SBrick Team 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at September 4, 2016 11:55 PM CEST
    • 2 posts
    September 4, 2016 3:18 PM CEST

Hi, I just got SBrick and installed it on my MOC car. (I didnt' test it with LEGO IR receiver) The car runs with 2 LEGO PF L motors directly paired and a servo motor. And its weight is about a Kg.

At first, the car runs like 5 to 10 meters without any problem but it slows down gradually and finally stops. If I try to run it afterwards, the SBrick squeaks and the batty LED blinks and nothing moves. 

It works OK if I lift the chassis and run the wheels in the air, of course. 

On the other hand, I tried to short the current limiter fuse in the LEGO AA battery box (mine is manufactured in 2013) but my AA battery box didn't have any current limiter installed. No, fuse but only C1 and R1 was soldered there, unlike here: 

http://www.philohome.com/alimservo/as0.jpg

So, I'm kind of stuck here... I tried to install 2 XL motors on a different model with similar weight (a bit heavier than this one)  but the same squeaky thing happened.

Is the squeak noise an internal current limiter alarm installed in SBrick?