Forums » Suggestions

Back To Topics

SBrick app for Train (or other) Layout: Suggestion

• 2 posts
    April 23, 2016 8:46 AM CEST
    Got the Horizon profile, got my locomotive with lights and 2 motors running. However I can't get the coast and emergency stop to work. Any tips?
  • March 30, 2016 12:37 AM CEST

[blockquote]Peter Campbell said:

[blockquote]Jakob Peterhänsel said:

I just noticed a Horizon & an Emerald layout in the Store! Works great on iPhone sizes!

[/blockquote]

I just posted a video demonstrating the Horizon Express profile: https://social.sbrick.com/videos/8056/84/horizon-express-profile

The SBRICK team worked hard to have these profiles ready for Brickfair, Alabama. Can't thank them enough for their support!

[/blockquote]

Hi Peter,

Just got the latest 1.5 version, and I think the Designer messed up the Channel settings - right?

I made a copy and changed all the Channel names to the same, leaving Element Name as is - then it works.

;-)

• 2 posts
    March 14, 2015 4:54 AM CET

Any way, Android users can get this type of profile? I kickstarted for 8 sBricks and so far only use one because of the software. I've tried the profile creator, but I'm bad at it.

• 20 posts
    February 6, 2015 9:58 AM CET
    Very silent here..
    • 20 posts
    January 20, 2015 6:44 PM CET
    Any news on the Ipad version ?

/Magnus
    • 178 posts
    January 20, 2015 9:42 AM CET

Great job Peter!

• 1 posts
    January 20, 2015 2:36 AM CET

I just noticed a Horizon & an Emerald layout in the Store! Works great on iPhone sizes!

[/blockquote]

I just posted a video demonstrating the Horizon Express profile: https://social.sbrick.com/videos/8056/84/horizon-express-profile

The SBRICK team worked hard to have these profiles ready for Brickfair, Alabama. Can't thank them enough for their support!

• 20 posts
    January 18, 2015 11:42 AM CET

[/blockquote] I notice that to.. Looks very Nice.. Now i'm waiting for the Ipad version whit a little more functions :):):).. /Magnus
  • January 16, 2015 11:10 PM CET

• 20 posts
    January 16, 2015 8:50 PM CET
    [blockquote]Tamás Fábián said:

We're going to release it right away.

[/blockquote] Any news about this Train remote ? Best regards Magnus
    • 20 posts
    January 14, 2015 6:07 PM CET

[/blockquote] Great! If i understand right , It will be released this week?.. /Magnus
    • 178 posts
    January 12, 2015 2:19 PM CET

• 20 posts
    January 11, 2015 7:14 PM CET

Hello guys, the profile editor is almost ready, we're fixing bugs and filing rough edges right now.

Buttons and sliders can either "return zero" or stay in ther set state.

A beta will be released next week.

[/blockquote] Looking forward to this.. Will it be for the masses o only beta testers ? /Magnus
    • 20 posts
  • January 9, 2015 10:53 AM CET

Hello guys, the profile editor is almost ready, we're fixing bugs and filing rough edges right now.

Buttons and sliders can either "return zero" or stay in ther set state.

A beta will be released next week.

• 20 posts
    January 8, 2015 6:58 PM CET
    Please make the switch buttons in two modes.. One witch stays upp/down like a switch and "Return to zero" version that slides back to middlepoint.. Hope you understand..

/Magnus
    This post was edited by Magnus Olofsson at January 8, 2015 7:02 PM CET
    • 20 posts
    January 8, 2015 6:54 PM CET
    Could you give us a teaser(picture) of how that train remote would look like.. Downloaded latest update of Sbrick app.. But no fun for us in the Train section..

Best regards Magnus
    • 8 posts
    January 8, 2015 5:41 PM CET

Jerome, you've just described the profile designer application we're planning to launch this week :) It's not exactly the same, but the idea is very similar.

[/blockquote]

cool! hope it comes out soon ;-)

• 20 posts
    January 5, 2015 8:00 PM CET
    When will that version be online att Appstore.. Just tried out the Train remote with 2 switches.. The way i have build the switches Will not work unless the remot button goes back to a "zero" position.. I use a clutch gear so the motor runs until i stop it.. And that is not pssible whit the remote version right now..

Best regards Magnus
    • 178 posts
    January 5, 2015 5:17 PM CET

Jerome, you've just described the profile designer application we're planning to launch this week :) It's not exactly the same, but the idea is very similar.

• December 27, 2014 8:17 PM CET

What is that 'Train App'?

I cant' find any train layouts to add.. :-/

• 8 posts
    December 23, 2014 2:22 PM CET

[blockquote]Magnus Olofsson said: Poor replays here.. I also hope for something alot greater then the test version of the Train app.. There has to some improvments in the next version.. I bougth 1 Sbrick but needs 4 more in total.. But the app desides IF IT is worth it or not.. One Sbrick for each Train and one for the Trainsystem.. Best regards Magnus[/blockquote]

True, the app will deside ;-)

I ordered 2 SBrick and did some basic tests. Train move and stopp works well. But for each train I have to open a new set. That's not really userfriendly for controlling more trains at the same time (I have 5 trains and 8 points). I'm really looking forward to the future apps. SBrick has so much potential, really cool. With a good app I would buy at least 5 additional SBrick.

• 20 posts
    December 23, 2014 10:39 AM CET
    Poor replays here.. I also hope for something alot greater then the test version of the Train app.. There has to some improvments in the next version.. I bougth 1 Sbrick but needs 4 more in total.. But the app desides IF IT is worth it or not.. One Sbrick for each Train and one for the Trainsystem..

Best regards
    Magnus
    • 8 posts
    December 15, 2014 7:41 AM CET

Hi all

I have a suggestion for the SBrick app to control for example a big train layout (or whatever).

It would be nice if the App will be quite modular. A little bit like the original lego mindstorms EV3 Commander app, just with smaller tiles.

The iPad app could be separated in about 12 x 16 tiles.

Then, for each function you can choose the size how many tiles it should use (e.g. simple picture 1x1 tile or 2x2, 3x3 etc. or a switch to control a motor 1 x 2, 1 x 3… some accelerator switches, steering wheel and so on).

Behind each switch you can define which SBrick will be controlled on which channel and what function should be behind (e.g. turn servo motor right, turn servo motor left, accelerate motor front or back etc.).

Than you can place those pictures and switches on any place on the iPad pattern.

With this method it would be possible to control easily a lot of things (not just trains). It would be kind of drag and trop. See the attached picture.

What do you think about this? Would it be possible?

Regards Jerome

This post was edited by Jerome Egli at December 15, 2014 7:45 AM CET