Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Tilt Sensor and SBrick Plus

• 6 posts
    February 3, 2017 7:36 AM CET

Thanks for sharing that Wolly. I won't  have time to try this for about 2 weeks but I will post what I come up with.

I wonder if there is a way for a circuit to prevent a motor from going in a certain direction given the input from the tilt sensor. It all comes down to prevent the gears to be stripped when the dump is all the way up or all the way down.

I think I need two circuits. One for the full up position and one for the full down position. Each one would prevent the motor from going in a certain direction. I am guessing my main issue will be preventing the motor from going in one direction but allowing it to go in the other direction. I wonder if circuits can handle that type of logic.

• 5 posts
    February 3, 2017 6:50 AM CET

Hi Marc, I have a sequence distance sensor as a switch. Perhaps you can simply change this to a tilt sensor to see if it works. I have to get the distance sensor to work first...  This rotates the motor in one direction and then reverses it. Pretty simple but it's a start :)

This post was edited by Wolly Barabash at February 3, 2017 6:53 AM CET
    • 5 posts
    February 2, 2017 11:08 PM CET

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the correction, I did not know they called this a "circuit" as I was concentrating on getting it to work with Scratch first.

I had a quick look at the Profile Designer and I see what you mean.

I need to get this to work as well as I cannot get it to work with Scratch, might as well try it with my phone. Did you find the download link for the "KIT" that is mentioned in the instructions, to get the ball rolling?

• 6 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:46 PM CET

Thanks Wolly. I have the tilt sensor. I need help on how to create a "circuit" via the Sbrick Profile Designer. So this is more of a software, programming question than a hardware question. The Profile Designer calls these types of things "Circuits".

• 5 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:03 AM CET

Why not purchase the Lego tilt sensor from their WEDO 1? It's on Bricklink quite often.

A picture of the tilt sensor:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=434406

There is also a schematic of the tilt sensor that you can build:

http://ofalcao.pt/blog/2014/the-lego-wedo-tilt-sensor

• 6 posts
    January 30, 2017 12:42 AM CET

Looking for some ideas. I would like to use the tilt sensor on my Volvo A25F to sense the tilt angle of the dump bed so that it prevents the gears from grinding if it goes too far down or too far up.

I need some help on how to build a circuit to accomplish this. I have the Sbrick Plus. So the circuit would stop any movement at a certain tilt angle.

Here is a picture of the A25F with the tilt sensor mounted on the front of the bed.

Thanks for any ideas.