Forums » Support

Back To Topics

5th channel for quickdrive characteristic definition?

• 8 posts
    March 29, 2017 3:11 PM CEST

Uhm, the value I send (120 decimal IIRC) made it blink, so I have the feeling that 2/<2 is not the only option here. :)

• 178 posts
    March 29, 2017 2:41 PM CEST

Hello Kees,

The 5th channel is indeed the the "LED identification on-off" channel.

It's usage with quick drive is undocumented, since it's rather convoluted. Use the DRIVE command to turn it off (0) or on (any other value).

You could use the LED identification function via quick drive by sending a value 2 to turn it off (!) and 3,4, or greater to turn it on.

• 310 posts
    March 27, 2017 9:32 PM CEST

[blockquote]Kees Jan Koster said:

Dear SBrick,

Where can I find the values for the 5th quickdrive channel?

I note that I can write 5 bytes of data to the quickdrive characteristic. The first four bytes are documented, but the 5th I am not sure. I can see that the brick's LED flashes when I write 0x80 in there. What other meaningful values can I write in there and where are they documented, please?

Kees Jan

[/blockquote]

Dear Kees,

I have forwarded this message, to one of our developer. 

As soon as I got the answer, I will forward it to you! 

Best wishes,
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• 8 posts
    March 27, 2017 9:20 PM CEST

Dear SBrick,

Where can I find the values for the 5th quickdrive channel?

I note that I can write 5 bytes of data to the quickdrive characteristic. The first four bytes are documented, but the 5th I am not sure. I can see that the brick's LED flashes when I write 0x80 in there. What other meaningful values can I write in there and where are they documented, please?

Kees Jan