Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Crash when running 2 sequences at once (iOS)

• 310 posts
    July 17, 2017 11:55 AM CEST

[blockquote]Frank Matthijs said:

Hi,

I have a simple profile with 2 sequences.  Each sequence has 2 channels (sequence 1 = front left + rear left and sequence 2 = front right + rear right).  I can activate each sequence without any problem, but when I activate both at the same time, the app crashes.  Sometimes it crashes within one second, sometimes it crashes after 8+ seconds, but it always crashes eventually.  So I hope it's easy to debug, since I can easily reproduce the problem, at least with my profile.

It seems that if I start both sequences at the same time, the app crashes right away, while if I start them out of sync, it takes longer before the app crashes.  Not sure if that's always the case.

Not sure if this is specific to the iOS app.

Any ideas?

Frank

Update: the fact that there's 2 channels per sequence has nothing to do with the problem.  I edited the sequences and they's now very simple: each 1 channel 0,5 sec. value 1, 0,5 sec value 0, repeat.  App still crashes.

Interestingly, I tested with a sequence that basically has value 1 for 1 second and repeats.  When I run 2 of those simultaneously, there's no crash.  2 blinking sequences simultaneously -> crash.

[/blockquote]

Dear Frank, 

Thank you for the report. I forwarded the issue to our developers.

They will check this! Soon we will get back to you!

Best regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    July 15, 2017 5:48 PM CEST

Hi,

I have a simple profile with 2 sequences.  Each sequence has 2 channels (sequence 1 = front left + rear left and sequence 2 = front right + rear right).  I can activate each sequence without any problem, but when I activate both at the same time, the app crashes.  Sometimes it crashes within one second, sometimes it crashes after 8+ seconds, but it always crashes eventually.  So I hope it's easy to debug, since I can easily reproduce the problem, at least with my profile.

It seems that if I start both sequences at the same time, the app crashes right away, while if I start them out of sync, it takes longer before the app crashes.  Not sure if that's always the case.

Not sure if this is specific to the iOS app.

Any ideas?

Frank

Update: the fact that there's 2 channels per sequence has nothing to do with the problem.  I edited the sequences and they's now very simple: each 1 channel 0,5 sec. value 1, 0,5 sec value 0, repeat.  App still crashes.

Interestingly, I tested with a sequence that basically has value 1 for 1 second and repeats.  When I run 2 of those simultaneously, there's no crash.  2 blinking sequences simultaneously -> crash.

This post was edited by Frank Matthijs at July 16, 2017 4:31 PM CEST