Forums » Suggestions

Back To Topics

Delete the spam posts from your forums

• 143 posts
    June 21, 2018 11:56 AM CEST
    David Manley said:

Thank you, that is a lot better.

If you haven't done so, you might want to look at using reCaptcha from Google as part of the forum posting process. My LUG was experiencing spam comments being posted on their website. Once I added reCaptcha (which was about 10 minutes work), the bot spam comments stopped altogether.

Regards,

David

Oh we're using it... the problem is that China is blocking every service of Google so reCaptcha is blocked too, and it's acting like an open door to the spambots.

• 8 posts
    June 20, 2018 9:49 PM CEST

Thank you, that is a lot better.

If you haven't done so, you might want to look at using reCaptcha from Google as part of the forum posting process. My LUG was experiencing spam comments being posted on their website. Once I added reCaptcha (which was about 10 minutes work), the bot spam comments stopped altogether.

Regards,

David

• 143 posts
    June 20, 2018 1:09 PM CEST

Done.

We're aware of this issue and constantly trying to improve our filter system, and remove spammers as soon as they slips through the gates (that's why do you saw empty topics).

• 3 posts
    June 19, 2018 9:43 PM CEST

+1

• 8 posts
    June 18, 2018 6:16 AM CEST

Your forums appear to be full of spam postings at the moment. For example, if I look on the first page of this suggestions forum, there are something like 20 or so postings advertising in Chinese(?) for Canadian Diplomas (well at least that's what Google's translate tells me it is about).

Please take a couple of hours and delete the spam from the forum to make it useable once more. It makes the website look like sbrick.com is a dead web site.

David