Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Motors stops when SBrick app goes to background

• 340 posts
    January 24, 2019 2:48 PM CET
    Frank Rupprecht said:
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

We discovered that there is a bug in the firmware, so we need to update the firmware too to make the feature work. Now the firmware is ready and in test. Hopefully we can release it today, I will update you here about the progress.

Thanks!

The new app and firmware is on the app store. Unfortunately android can't update it to version 25, we are working on the fix. So you can update with iOS or the windows driver: http://sbrick.dewsys.com/windriverBeta/install/

• 8 posts
    December 29, 2018 6:58 PM CET
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

We discovered that there is a bug in the firmware, so we need to update the firmware too to make the feature work. Now the firmware is ready and in test. Hopefully we can release it today, I will update you here about the progress.

Thanks!
    • 340 posts
    December 29, 2018 1:30 PM CET
    Frank Rupprecht said:
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

You will find it in the SBrick settings (not the profile settings) and you can adjust this in SBrick level (not profile level).

If the SBrick lose the power the paramter defaults to reset ports after disconnect, but the app will enable it in the next connect depending the settings inside the SBrick App.

I have the iOS app 4.4.15 from 22nd of December, but I can’t find this setting; neither in the general settings where for all apps global settings are made nor in the app itself.

• 8 posts
    December 28, 2018 11:28 AM CET
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

You will find it in the SBrick settings (not the profile settings) and you can adjust this in SBrick level (not profile level).

If the SBrick lose the power the paramter defaults to reset ports after disconnect, but the app will enable it in the next connect depending the settings inside the SBrick App.

I have the iOS app 4.4.15 from 22nd of December, but I can’t find this setting; neither in the general settings where for all apps global settings are made nor in the app itself.
    • 8 posts
    December 16, 2018 8:36 PM CET
    Same to me.
    If it isn’t in the Profile Designer, it might be in the application setup. But also there I can’t find it.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    • 1 posts
    December 16, 2018 6:01 PM CET
    I have the same problem. But i can not find the right configuration. Where are the settings?
    • 8 posts
    November 27, 2018 7:10 PM CET
    Sorry for answering late. I was the weekend over in an exposition.
    With an unlocked iPhone 4s to avoid that motors stop. It work also, but not everyone has an old phone. And it’s a risk.

Thank for realising the CR so fast. I will try it during the week.
    • 340 posts
    November 27, 2018 2:17 PM CET

Some update here...

So the SBrick firmware already supports this feature, but we don't made it configurable in the app.

So the dev team create an update for this. You will find it in the SBrick settings (not the profile settings) and you can adjust this in SBrick level (not profile level).

• 340 posts
    November 23, 2018 11:01 AM CET
    Frank Rupprecht said:
    Ok. Then play in parallel music, because this is possible in iOS in the background. In serious: Why the motors stop when the app goes in background? There must be an explicit stop comand in the brick when the connection is lost. Isn’t it possible to make this stop command configurable by the user? It is the natural behaviour of the train LEGO IR remote control.

SBrick has a protection, when it lost the connection it stops. We implemented this, because it can be helpful if you car goes out of the range.

Your ide about to make this configurable I think is very good, and I see that it can be a feature for trains.

We can do it, but we need to implement this feature in the app AND the firmware to make it configurable.

I added this feature to the next release.

• 8 posts
    November 22, 2018 6:36 PM CET
    Ok. Then play in parallel music, because this is possible in iOS in the background.
    In serious: Why the motors stop when the app goes in background? There must be an explicit stop comand in the brick when the connection is lost.
    Isn’t it possible to make this stop command configurable by the user?
    It is the natural behaviour of the train LEGO IR remote control.
    • 340 posts
    November 22, 2018 3:28 PM CET

The SBrick app can't run in the backround. This is not allowed by the iOS.

I think the best for the automated run to use a PC/Cromebook and Scratch to control the SBrick.

We also supporting MicroBit, maybe this is the cheapest solution.

• 8 posts
    September 15, 2018 10:37 AM CEST
    Hi,
    I want to use SBrick to control some simple mechanics in an exposition.
    The motors should run continuously, but I want to change sometimes the speed.
    Now I notice that the motors stop if I’m using meanwhile another app or if I block the phone.
    Is this behaviour avoidable?

Environment: SBrick plus, iPhone 6s, iOS 11
    This post was edited by Frank Rupprecht at September 18, 2018 1:36 PM CEST