Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Two channels with one slider

• 1 posts
    March 20, 2023 4:04 PM CET

I think I see how this is done to create a differential drive.

1) Create a Joystick control and feed the X axis to the Left drive wheel, and the Y axis to the Right Drive Wheel.

2) Now rotate the joystic control 45 degrees counter clockwise.

How it works..

If you push the JS up, it will give positive power to both the left and right wheels.  Tank moves forward

If you push the JS down, it will give negative power to both the left and right wheels. Tank Moves Backwards.

If you push the JS to the right it will give positive power to the left wheel, and negative power to the Right wheel, which will make the tank turn right.

If you push the JS to the left it will give negative power to the left wheel, and positive power to the Right wheel, which will make the tank turn left.

To get this to work correctly, you will need to make sure each wheel drives forward when the stick is pushed forwards.  So, check your inverts.

It would be better if this could be done using simple add/subtract math on ANY two sliders, but something is better than nothing :)

• 2 posts
    December 3, 2019 9:05 AM CET

Worked thank you!

• 4 posts
    October 25, 2019 11:11 PM CEST

Yes it is - just click the plus sign next to the slider field in the Channel Settings. It's in the app on your phone etc. You click on the gear next to your creation, then click on the gear on the remote control profile.

• 2 posts
    May 8, 2019 6:40 PM CEST

Hi, found the solution in an earlier post joy-stick-tank-steering. That works for me with joystick rotation setting for -45 degrees...

thx.

• 2 posts
    May 8, 2019 4:15 PM CEST

Hi,
    yesterday I want to control a 42095 stuntracer with the sbrick plus. I also have the need to control two channels with one joystick control. So like you I also tested the public 42065 profile and my impression is simular: it seems to implement a kind of "mixing behaviour" of the to channels.
    Did you meanwhile get any further idea or was there any response to your request ?

Thanx.

• 2 posts
    February 28, 2019 10:44 AM CET

Is it somehow possible to control two channels with one slider?

I see that profile for track racers / tank such as 42065 work somehow, but I don't understand hwo. I mean one slider is for steering and one for acceleration but in reality there is no separate motor for acceleration and steering, both motors perform similar function. How does Sbrick or profile achieve that logic?

Thanks!