Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Sbrick plus with WeDo 1 motion sensor in Scratch 2.0

• 340 posts
    March 11, 2019 11:01 AM CET
    Dietmar B said:

Hello

I have a positive feedback... see screen shot below

I think the problem was that I did not close the window of the SBrick app.

The code in scratch is doing the following now:

Nothing in the area if the motion sensor: Train light is switched on

Something in the area if the motion sensor: Train light is switched off

The only thing I do not understand until know... There is still a yellow button with the message "set light power error: porttype_error

What does this mean?

Regards

Dietmar

Hi, the port type not matching with the block what used it. Can you send me the hi-res picture, then I can check the code.

• March 9, 2019 3:03 PM CET

Hello

I have a positive feedback... see screen shot below

I think the problem was that I did not close the window of the SBrick app.

The code in scratch is doing the following now:

Nothing in the area if the motion sensor: Train light is switched on

Something in the area if the motion sensor: Train light is switched off

The only thing I do not understand until know... There is still a yellow button with the message "set light power error: porttype_error

What does this mean?

Regards

Dietmar

• 340 posts
    March 8, 2019 3:26 PM CET
    Lénárd Pásztor said:
    Dietmar Broecking said:

Dear all,

I made a new test without the Wedo extension... see screen shot below.

The distance is still "0". But you can see in the Sbrick App the distance.

I added also code for lights connected with another SBrick and these lights are flashing. So the code in Scratch should be okay.

I am interested in the new beta version and sent a mail to address mentioned below.

Thank you for any other hint what the problem could solve.

can you send me the hi-res picture in mail to info at sbrick.com please

a quick hint: please close the "manage" window on the SBrick app, then retry from scratch.

as I see you got a yellow indicator above of the sbrick blocks. if you point here with the mouse you will get some more info. the indicator is green if everything is OK

• 340 posts
    March 8, 2019 3:23 PM CET
    Dietmar Broecking said:

Dear all,

I added also code for lights connected with another SBrick and these lights are flashing. So the code in Scratch should be okay.

I am interested in the new beta version and sent a mail to address mentioned below.

can you send me the hi-res picture in mail to info at sbrick.com please

• March 7, 2019 6:53 PM CET

Dear all,

• 3 posts
    March 7, 2019 6:24 PM CET
    Thanks for the hint Lénárd
    I have sent the request
    • 340 posts
    March 6, 2019 3:03 PM CET

You can also try out our new SBrick coding app. It is on closed betatest now. You can sign up here: betatest@sbrick.com

• 3 posts
    March 5, 2019 5:23 PM CET

Hi Dietmar,
    Indeed, the SBrick extension would need to be used to make a/any connection to the SBRick, so also when having attached a Wedo Motion sensor to the SBrick.

I guess the Wedo extension should be unloaded from the sprite to make the motion sensor appear correctly on the sbrick

Regards
    Jelte

• March 4, 2019 8:46 PM CET

Thank you very much, but what do I wrong? The result is always "0"

See screen shots below...

I save this settings and use the file as a templete for scratch. You see the motion sensors at port B and D are measuring.

But distance is always "0" on the board. The programming is in my view correct, isn't it?

Do I need to use also the extension Lego WeDo 1.0 in case of connecting via the SBrick? I suppose this is only needed if I connect via WeDo 1.0 Hub? Because I am not able to connect, there is always a yellow, no green botton.

But there must be something which I miss. (Of course I also clicked on the green flag, because it' not shown on my screen shots).

Thank you for your support

• 3 posts
    March 3, 2019 9:50 PM CET

Hi

Here's a screenshot how to get continuous reading from the sensor

• March 3, 2019 12:55 PM CET
    Dear all

I like to use several Sbrick plus to control my Lego trains. One SBrick in every train. One SBrick is connected with several WeDo 1 motion sensors to know that a train passed a certain track position.
    I am using Win 10, bluetooth dongle bled 112, SBrick driver from SBrick page and Scratch 2. On the SBrick driver I select the motion sensor on the related ports. I save this file as an template and open this file via Scratch 2.0.
    There I see the SBricks connectd and I am able to control any train or powerfunction motor.
    My problem now is that I do not get any distance values from the motion sensors in Scratch and I have no idea how to do.
    Is there anybody who has experiance with that and who like to give some hints?

I am also interested in how other people control their lego trains.

Hope for your feedback
    Dietmar
    from Germany