Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Sensor Compatibility and Availability

• October 12, 2021 2:22 PM CEST

Hi, Can you publish the schematics in pdf format?

• 178 posts
    May 15, 2020 1:00 PM CEST

Dear Leandro,

the SBrick plus has an analog sensor on the C1 and C2 pins on every port. These pins are pulled to the middle between 0V and the power supply voltage by a 10K resistor. The SBrick simply measures the voltage.

The digital communication would be handled by the adapters, but unfortunately no one seem to be able to manufacture them.

We opened up our work on the adatpters: https://github.com/vengit/sbrick-plus-adapter 

Leandro said:

Dear Lénárd

Thanks for your reply. This sound very good to me. I hope you will have success with this try.

I checked the coding on github. I did already some Arduino stuff.

I seems the sensor adapter communicates via UART/Serial with the Sbrick.

Is it correct the Sbrick uses Serial Speed at 2400 Baud? At PF Connector Pin C2.

Would it be possible to have the technical details in order to attach a Attiny as Sensor to the SBrick?

Something is not clear to me. Can the Sbrick also directly read analog signals?

Because you also connect the Sensor at CONN2 Pin 4 to the Sbrick Pin C2.

In this case it would be much easier to connect a Poti directly to the Sbrick and get the Info.

Best Regards

Leandro

This post was edited by Tamás Fábián at May 15, 2020 1:01 PM CEST
    • 2 posts
    May 15, 2020 11:43 AM CEST

Dear Lénárd

Thanks for your reply. This sound very good to me. I hope you will have success with this try.

I checked the coding on github. I did already some Arduino stuff.

I seems the sensor adapter communicates via UART/Serial with the Sbrick.

Is it correct the Sbrick uses Serial Speed at 2400 Baud? At PF Connector Pin C2.

Would it be possible to have the technical details in order to attach a Attiny as Sensor to the SBrick?

Something is not clear to me. Can the Sbrick also directly read analog signals?

Because you also connect the Sensor at CONN2 Pin 4 to the Sbrick Pin C2.

In this case it would be much easier to connect a Poti directly to the Sbrick and get the Info.

Best Regards

Leandro

• 340 posts
    May 11, 2020 1:03 PM CEST

Hi,

We developed the adapters, unfortunately they are still not in production. We continously searching for the right manufacturer who can give us quality. (currently we try the third one).

We also open sourced the adapter here: https://github.com/vengit/sbrick-plus-adapter

• 2 posts
    May 10, 2020 12:34 AM CEST

Dear Christian
    I have the same eactely the same Question. Where I can get these Adapters SBRICK shows in this Presentation at Page 11 and 12:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQzjpJyqFFxas5k2gr7jl-WhsK3yGuV0Pw9a0OA6kjgGGKZJTHUTWr9VG8Fa6J8CtY3PCKeRGEuPesd/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=60000&slide=id.g2f0cef898c_0_168

It would be great to have any Information about this.

Best Regards

Leandro

This post was edited by Leandro at May 10, 2020 12:35 AM CEST
  • January 2, 2020 7:58 PM CET

Just purchased an SBrick plus on the strength of its ability to interface with sensors, as per the the compatibility charts which show (favourably) that it supports a wide range of sensors. Is there any more information on this because I am struggling to see how it ? 

The documentation says that "Four kinds of adapters exist: two version of sensor adapters and two version of sensor adapters" do they actually exist? If so, why arent they on the store?