Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Sbrick programming

• 340 posts
    April 25, 2022 3:49 PM CEST
    Hi,
    EV3 works with Bluetooth 2.1 and it is currently not supported in our applications, this is why not detected by the app.
    Dominik Vollmer said:

Dear Lénárd,

we want to connect Mindstorms EV3 to SBrickPro.
    On our iPad, the EV3 brick is not detected. We assume it is not supported on Apple?

This is why we installed the SBrickPro App on our Windows10 computer with supports bluetooth 4.1 (we do not have a BLED112 V1 dongle).

Unfortunately, the SBrickPro app does NOT recognize the EV3 brick under Windows10.

And the following URL does not work: https://download.sbrick.com/windriver/ 

Is there a way to connect the EV3 with SBrickProWindows without a BLED112 V1 dongle in our case? Or do we have to buy such a dongle?

Thank you,

Dominik & Jannis (SBrickPro testers) 

• 1 posts
    March 28, 2022 6:58 PM CEST

Dear Lénárd,

we want to connect Mindstorms EV3 to SBrickPro.
    On our iPad, the EV3 brick is not detected. We assume it is not supported on Apple?

This is why we installed the SBrickPro App on our Windows10 computer with supports bluetooth 4.1 (we do not have a BLED112 V1 dongle).

Unfortunately, the SBrickPro app does NOT recognize the EV3 brick under Windows10.

And the following URL does not work: https://download.sbrick.com/windriver/ 

Is there a way to connect the EV3 with SBrickProWindows without a BLED112 V1 dongle in our case? Or do we have to buy such a dongle?

Thank you,

Dominik & Jannis (SBrickPro testers) 

• 340 posts
    February 24, 2021 3:50 PM CET
    Frank Weise said:

Hi,

sorry for this late reply on your last post, but i was quite busy.

thank you for your patience. I would appreciate if you could answer following questions.

1. Dose it need  to be a BLED112 V1 dongle?

2. could you please provide me with the fitting dll? So I can talk to my SBRICK Plus.

thank you very much for your assistance

1. if you want to try SBrick Pro and you have Windows 10 device with integrated bluetooth it will work without the dongle.

You can start here: https://pro.sbrick.com

You will need the driver, you can download from here: https://download.sbrick.com/windriver/ 

If you have earlier version of windows OR you don't have bluetooth 4.0+ integrated in your device you will need the bluetooth usb dongle.

2. i will, but we need some time. Currently the driver not separated as dll in our windows driver code, so we need to do some refactor.

• 6 posts
    February 23, 2021 8:16 PM CET

Hi,

sorry for this late reply on your last post, but i was quite busy.

thank you for your patience. I would appreciate if you could answer following questions.

1. Dose it need  to be a BLED112 V1 dongle?

2. could you please provide me with the fitting dll? So I can talk to my SBRICK Plus.

thank you very much for your assistance

• 340 posts
    February 3, 2021 8:19 PM CET

Hi,

Sorry, I just realized the donlge is out of stock temporary in our store, but you can find other stores like that:

https://www.amazon.com/BLED112-V1-Bluetooth-Smart-USB-Dongle/dp/B07F12DRV6

If we provide you an sbrick driver windows dll, that is something that you can work with?

• 6 posts
    February 3, 2021 5:01 PM CET

Hi,
    as I started building Lego-models, I do not have any old Lego features exept the Legos our childen and I played with. I am aimng getting 70 and I am a granddad. Bricks etc. are obiously very old.  So unfortunatelly the seller of Lego-Techic parts shipped a chinese replica. :-(

In your shop I just searched for the bled112 and the SBrick-Software Pro. And.... I didn't find it.

Cloud you please provide links?

I used to programm databases an C# GUIs. But scratch seem to be differen.

Anyway thank you for your assistance

• 340 posts
    February 3, 2021 3:54 PM CET

Hi,

Interesting. I see chinese servo motor replicas that works this way. Have you tested the servo motors with for example a lego train remote + ir receiver?

For Windows PC if you have Windows 10 you can use the integrated BLE module if your PC have it.

If not, you can use the bled112 dongle (also available on our store).

If you just started the programming I can recommend our new SBrick Pro software, currently in beta test. You can find the corresponding group here. You can log in with your sbrick account to the SBrick Pro app.

• 6 posts
    February 3, 2021 1:55 PM CET

Hi,

Recently I bough 2 SBrick plus. As Lego Servomotor only reacts with a full 90 degree turn to both sides using a public profile, I am interested in programming one of my SBricks.

I want to have several steps until the servomotor reaches 90 degrees.

To simulate the Lego-RC behaviour, which I believe offers 7 steps, I want to program several steps on a slider control until the Motor reaches 90 degrees.

On your web site you pronounce a “Wide Coverage” and offer plugins for Chrome OS and for Windows.

But: How do I get the advantages on programming SBrick via my Windows-PC an / or IPad. Which sort of Bluetooth adapter do I habe to use on my PC to connect via SBrick-Software to my SBrick?

Which software can be used to program SBrick vis IPad?

I would rather prefer not to use any google product, as the chrome browser or software. I do not want any registration/verification via a google account / Facebook account.

Can you help?