• 16 posts
    December 5, 2015 7:21 AM CET
    Just to make place for all the wire
    • 16 posts
    December 5, 2015 7:21 AM CET
    Just to make place for all the wire
    • 87 posts
    March 19, 2015 4:10 PM CET

Why do you need to connect all the negative terminals of each device? Can you give more details about your devices?

SBrick outputs aren't «positive» nor «negative» - they are «floating». There is a chance you can do what you want but you have to assure that you never reverse the polarity on all ports. So there's a risk one day you do revert and brake something.

If your reason is all your devices being externally powered and having a common ground/earth then you should consider galvanic isolating your SBrick ports with optocouplers.

• 16 posts
    March 19, 2015 3:00 PM CET

Can I connect the port of the Sbrick like the plan I have do ?

• 143 posts
    March 16, 2015 4:59 PM CET

Would you be so kind to repeat your message in english?

• 16 posts
    March 16, 2015 4:17 PM CET

En attente de votre réponse

• 16 posts
    March 14, 2015 1:52 PM CET

• 16 posts
    March 13, 2015 10:23 PM CET

Le montage que je te Souhaite Réaliser est circuit non lumineux verser camion. Sur un Fait Les veilleuses, les feux de croisement PUIS les feux de routes. Dois-je faire Alors juin masse versez option each? 

This post was edited by Maxime Boche at March 13, 2015 10:23 PM CET
    • 178 posts
    March 11, 2015 7:42 PM CET

Hello Maxime,

Athough I don't quite understand your question, I'll try and answer what I think you might ask:

The SBrick's ports MUST NOT be connected in parallel to each other, not even across different SBricks. Althogh the different channels are driven with the same phase, and in theory one can make sure two ports are receiving the same signal from software, there is absolutely no guarantee in practice that the ports will switch on and off the same time. Because of this there's always a danger of ports getting parallelled with their polarities reversed, causing a short circuit. One could say that since the SBrick is short circuit protected on the C1 and C2 signal lines (the two "middle wires" of the PF cable), there is no real danger there.

The reality is that a short circuit always strains the electronics, because the IC cores will heat up very quickly. The expanding semiconductor, and the magnetic forces of the large currents together can excert considerable mechanical forces on the various components. Do this a thousand times a second, and you might end up with (microscopic) deformities in the materials making up the SBrick. The high temperatures in the IC cores slowly lead to diffusion of the doping in the semiconductor. This will change the operational parameters of the components until they just stop working altogether.

Since the output ports of SBrick are galvanically connected e.g. they are not isolated with transformers, they CANNOT be connected in series to increase the output voltage. Connecting the ports of SBricks using the same power supply, or using different supplies with a common ground WILL cause a short circuit FOR SURE.

Connecting two SBrick ports on different bricks using different supplies that are completely separated is possible but it's not really practical in my opinion. (You could swith one brick to be constantly on, and use the PWM of the other one to control the motors, but that's a really dirty hack. :D)

If I missed your question, please try to draw a schematic of some kind.

This post was edited by Tamás Fábián at March 11, 2015 8:53 PM CET
    • 16 posts
    March 11, 2015 4:02 PM CET

Does the negative ports can be connected between him and receipt different voltage ?

• 340 posts
    March 11, 2015 3:52 PM CET

[blockquote]Maxime Boche said:

Bonjour, je voudrais savoir si toutes les masses des ports peuvent être connectées entre elles et envoyer des intensités différentes afin de réaliser un faisceau électrique de camion.

[/blockquote]

Can you repeate your question in english? I tried to translate it with google translate, but it failed. :(

• 16 posts
    March 10, 2015 7:19 PM CET

Bonjour, je voudrais savoir si toutes les masses des ports peuvent être connectées entre elles et envoyer des intensités différentes afin de réaliser un faisceau électrique de camion.