Forums » Support

Back To Topics

How to upgrade firmware

• 3 posts
    November 7, 2019 9:47 PM CET
    I Spriensma said:
    I can not update the sbrick firmware to 25. It keeps sticking on 0%. Does anyone know how to solve this?

I've been having the same issue my sbricks will not update its stuck at 0 and when I try the windows 10 software that fails at the end of the update.

Edit: it now appears one of my sbricks has bricked itself during the update on windows it now doesnt report anything back great lol

This post was edited by lucas durham at November 7, 2019 9:56 PM CET
    • 1 posts
    November 7, 2019 7:25 PM CET
    I can not update the sbrick firmware to 25. It keeps sticking on 0%. Does anyone know how to solve this?
    • 4 posts
    December 13, 2015 9:18 PM CET

Did you disable then enable the bluetooth of your phone after the update?

• December 13, 2015 8:40 PM CET
    So i updated firmware. Its possible to steer with the small app. Sbrick app still cant find the brick?
    • 4 posts
    December 12, 2015 10:52 AM CET

I had the same problem. When I first powered on I saw that it requires an update. I didn't have time for the update. I'd unpluged, come later, and got the same problem.

After installing and checking with the General BLE application, it discovered it. I've turned back to the SBRICK app, and it can connect it.

Try the update now, as I'm doing.

It is finished now and working.

This post was edited by ihsan Akin at December 12, 2015 10:58 AM CET
  • December 12, 2015 9:09 AM CET
    Ok. Simple control shows a brick! Should i connect and update the firmware ota?
    • 178 posts
    December 12, 2015 8:11 AM CET

Thank you Klaus for the info.

It means your hardware and OS is complatible with SBrick, and the problem is somewhere in the app.

Now try "SBrick Simple Control" from Google Play. Does that scan your SBrick OK?

• December 11, 2015 5:19 PM CET

Ok, Scan is succesful with this app and i can connect to the brick also ok, great. What´s next?

Thanks for help!

This post was edited by Klaus Schoonhoven at December 11, 2015 6:09 PM CET
    • 178 posts
    December 11, 2015 10:54 AM CET

Hello Folks,

please check out this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nordicsemi.android.mcp

This is a general purpose BLE application. Try scanning for devices and post the results please.

Thank you!

• December 10, 2015 9:34 PM CET

Sorry, same problem. No Brick found.

• 340 posts
    December 10, 2015 9:09 PM CET

[blockquote]Klaus Schoonhoven said:

Thank you for such quick response. Connected the sbrick to battery, the led blinks once. the app finds nothing by search. Scanning in the bluetooth menu no result.

Android Version is 5.1.1

[/blockquote]

Hmm, ok please give a try with the new beta from the SBrick app. You can download from here:

https://goo.gl/CTWiZK

• December 10, 2015 8:54 PM CET

Thank you for such quick response. Connected the sbrick to battery, the led blinks once. the app finds nothing by search. Scanning in the bluetooth menu no result.

Android Version is 5.1.1

• 340 posts
    December 10, 2015 8:46 PM CET

[blockquote]Klaus Schoonhoven said:

Sorry, no chance.

App Version is 1.7 on Samsung S6

Menu on the left - Manage bricks - the app finds nothing and so i cannt upgrade firmware

[/blockquote]

The SBrick is powered on?

What is the Android version?

Does this android need to pair the SBrick in the Bluetooth menu?

• December 10, 2015 8:44 PM CET

Sorry, no chance.

App Version is 1.7 on Samsung S6

After connecting the brick to battery the brick blinks once then stays out.

Menu on the left - Manage bricks - the app finds nothing and so i cannt upgrade firmware

This post was edited by Klaus Schoonhoven at December 10, 2015 8:46 PM CET
    • 340 posts
    December 10, 2015 8:33 PM CET

You can find it in the left menu->SBricks->(choose your sbrick)->Firmware update

• December 10, 2015 7:44 PM CET

Hi guys,

simple question, found nothing exactly.

How to upgrade the firmware?