Forums » Introduce Yourself

Back To Topics

Hi, I'm Brian from Scotland

• 310 posts
    March 8, 2016 10:43 PM CET

[blockquote]Brian Adams said:

Hi each!  I don't normally do personal profiles, but this site seems pretty friendly and informative, plus it will be good to talk to other AFOL across the world.

A few months ago I was actively looking for a new desk-top hobby in my increasing retirement. I designed timber-framed housing. I have always loved making things, having grown up with Meccano then scale model aircraft (control-line in those days - RC was too expensive), so going back to model-making seemed the obvious path. One look at the Mercedes-Benz Arocs and I was blown away, and that was before I discovered they could be converted to remote-control. A web trawl revealed the SBrick and I was hooked.

I have already rebuilt my Arocs into its artic format with one SBrick in the tractor - I particularly like manoevering, parking, uncoupling it, etc, and once I have kitted it up with lights and any other gadget I can think of, I'll build one or two more trailers (including a low-loader for my RC Audi TT), then its another big 'un - probbly the mobile crane, if I can find one.

I look forward to seeing the SBrick develop, and thanks in advance to anyone who posts a helpful reply to my (many) calls for technical advice.

[/blockquote]

Hello, and welcome Brian! :) 

It is nice to hear that you like the product. Feel free to share your creations with us, we are very excited!

We try to give you a fast response for the technical questions. 

Thank you for the support and for the patience. 

Best regards, 
    Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• 18 posts
    March 7, 2016 10:27 PM CET

Hi each!  I don't normally do personal profiles, but this site seems pretty friendly and informative, plus it will be good to talk to other AFOL across the world.

A few months ago I was actively looking for a new desk-top hobby in my increasing retirement. I designed timber-framed housing. I have always loved making things, having grown up with Meccano then scale model aircraft (control-line in those days - RC was too expensive), so going back to model-making seemed the obvious path. One look at the Mercedes-Benz Arocs and I was blown away, and that was before I discovered they could be converted to remote-control. A web trawl revealed the SBrick and I was hooked.

I have already rebuilt my Arocs into its artic format with one SBrick in the tractor - I particularly like manoevering, parking, uncoupling it, etc, and once I have kitted it up with lights and any other gadget I can think of, I'll build one or two more trailers (including a low-loader for my RC Audi TT), then its another big 'un - probbly the mobile crane, if I can find one.

I look forward to seeing the SBrick develop, and thanks in advance to anyone who posts a helpful reply to my (many) calls for technical advice.