Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick PLUS problems after firmware update

• 7 posts
    February 2, 2017 12:36 AM CET

Unfortunately, after you upgrade to the Samsung grand prime, with a new version of the application, further it is impossible to perform the update. ; /

It is still 5.11 and 11.

Can You help me?

• 310 posts
    January 27, 2017 1:33 PM CET

[blockquote]J e r f a a s de Jong said:

This new Android app doesn't work for me. This new Android version tell me that my good bricks have hardware 4 firmware 18, while in windows I see hardware 11/fw 18. My good bricks work for motors and I do not know how to my sensors in the Android app.

After I updated to firmware 18 in Windows 10 (1 or 2 weeks ago) my Android device could'n find my strange brick. The stange brick can still be found in Windows and works a little bit.

Thanks for the efford so far. I still wait for (another) solution

J. de Jong

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback, we will check this! 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• January 26, 2017 8:23 PM CET

This new Android app doesn't work for me. This new Android version tell me that my good bricks have hardware 4 firmware 18, while in windows I see hardware 11/fw 18. My good bricks work for motors and I do not know how to my sensors in the Android app.

After I updated to firmware 18 in Windows 10 (1 or 2 weeks ago) my Android device could'n find my strange brick. The stange brick can still be found in Windows and works a little bit.

Thanks for the efford so far. I still wait for (another) solution

J. de Jong

• 164 posts
    January 26, 2017 3:41 PM CET

Hi Guys,

Our new Android and iOS applications available.
    Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.sbrick
    iOS:  href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sbrick/id897834246" target="_blank">https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sbrick/id897834246

With these appliaction you can update the SBrick's firmware to 18.
    Please, if you have any porblem with your SBrick try to update the firmware to 18. 

Thanks for your patience.
    Tamas

• 7 posts
    January 21, 2017 8:40 PM CET

Unfortunately, I still have the same problem with Sbrick plus. I look forward to repair an update to Sbrick plus!

This post was edited by Jakub Kazimierz at January 21, 2017 8:41 PM CET
  • January 21, 2017 7:59 PM CET

I had contact with the guys from SBrick and they are working for a solution. Probably there was a bug in the firmware update for SBrick PLUS (I updated my first brick on 22 december 2016) and changed the hardwareversion. I updated my other bricks (PLUS) last week without any problems. My good bricks have hardware version 11, while my problem brick has (now???) version 5. (all have firmware 18)

I think we only need some patience for the fix if you have a hardware version 5 on a SBRICK PLUS.... (The other bricks works fine in Scratch)

J. de Jong

• 7 posts
    January 5, 2017 8:57 PM CET

Problems are Sbrick plus the usual Sbrick work correctly.. Could Sbrick plus were underdeveloped?

This post was edited by Jakub Kazimierz at January 5, 2017 11:08 PM CET
  • January 5, 2017 7:34 PM CET

The problem also exists using the Samsung S5 mini; updating the firmware with the Samsung didn't resolve the problem and the working of the brick is the same with the Samsung: B+C works fine, A doesn't and D spins in one directorion

• 310 posts
    January 5, 2017 3:14 PM CET

At first I used a Teclast X98 Air II Dual. After that I tried on the same brick a firmware upgrade with a Samsung S5 mini.

On the Teclast i didn't see the temperature and voltage but on the samsung I see the temp and voltage (around 7.7V)

[/blockquote]

Does the SBrick worked well with the S5 mini without any problem? 

I mean it is clear that the values are shown, but the control and the menu and port tester worked properly? 

Thanks in advance, 

Balint

• January 4, 2017 11:34 PM CET

At first I used a Teclast X98 Air II Dual. After that I tried on the same brick a firmware upgrade with a Samsung S5 mini.

On the Teclast i didn't see the temperature and voltage but on the samsung I see the temp and voltage (around 7.7V)

• 310 posts
    January 4, 2017 2:22 PM CET

I updated a SBrick PLUS using the Android APP version 4.2 to firmware 17. After that my SBrick PLUS is working a bit wierd:

connection A: doesn't work at all (only the led tells me i send information)

connection B + C : works fine

connection D: the motor only turns in on direction.  (so the motor starts while sending a 'forward' message and als starts while sending a 'backwards' message but the motor turns in the same direction

I had the same results for a test in the Android app and using Scratch...

I didn't update my other Sbrick PLUS and everything works as expected on that brick.

Kind regards

[/blockquote]

Sorry I forgot an important questions, what kind of device do you use? 

Thanks in advance, 

Balint

• 310 posts
    January 4, 2017 11:45 AM CET

Hello Guys, 

Thank you for the bug report, I have forwarded your message to our developers. 

They will start an investigate to check these issues. 

We ask for some patience, 

Regards, 

Balint
    Sbrick Team

• 7 posts
    January 4, 2017 11:23 AM CET

In my Sbrick plus port does not work after the update D, hardware 5.11 and firmware 11. Update failed despite the message is updated.

• December 21, 2016 10:26 AM CET

I updated a SBrick PLUS using the Android APP version 4.2 to firmware 17. After that my SBrick PLUS is working a bit wierd:

connection A: doesn't work at all (only the led tells me i send information)

connection B + C : works fine

connection D: the motor only turns in on direction.  (so the motor starts while sending a 'forward' message and als starts while sending a 'backwards' message but the motor turns in the same direction

I had the same results for a test in the Android app and using Scratch...

I didn't update my other Sbrick PLUS and everything works as expected on that brick.

Kind regards