Forums » Support

Back To Topics

IOS APP crashes with sequences

• 1 posts
    February 3, 2018 2:14 PM CET

this is now nearly one year old and i still have this problem with my Sbrick and iOS devices. Any solutions in sight?

• 2 posts
    July 26, 2017 4:35 PM CEST

Thanks for checking. As others pointed out earlier, it seems related to the sequences. When I do not use a sequence, I rarely experience a crash. When I do use a sequence it crashes quite often. I can 100% reproduce it with multiple sequences:

- Start sequence 1 (on sbrick 1 say port 1)

- While that is still running, start a second one (on the same or another sbrick, but on a different port)

- IOS app always crashes

Tested on older and newer iPads/iPhones with latest app version and that makes no difference.

These are Sbrick Plus. I have 3 of them and any combination of them experiences the same. App reports firmware is already latest.

This post was edited by Kaatr at July 26, 2017 4:36 PM CEST
    • 310 posts
    July 26, 2017 1:37 PM CEST

[blockquote]Kaatr said:

Any news on this issue? I also experience the crashes on IOS with latest firmware and latest IOS app. Thanks!

[/blockquote]

Dear Kaatr, 

Our developers just check it again! 

We have started an investigation about that. 

They do their best to find out the problem. 

We ask for your patience, 

Thank you!

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    July 25, 2017 11:41 AM CEST

Any news on this issue? I also experience the crashes on IOS with latest firmware and latest IOS app. Thanks!

• 310 posts
    March 12, 2017 1:05 PM CET

[blockquote]Lars Böhme said:

okay, it WAS stable but only a few times.

How long will Vengit need this time to solv the issue? I mean without the app working correctly my product can't be used in the way it is meant to used. Since february 10th the issues seems to be unsolved.

Last time it required several E-Mails and some posts here until Vengit moved and solved the issue.

[/blockquote]

Dear Lars, 

Our developers do their best. We absolutely understand your compliment, we try to solve this as soon as possible. 

We ask for your patience. :)

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience, 

Balint

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at March 12, 2017 1:06 PM CET
    • 15 posts
    March 11, 2017 3:41 PM CET

okay, it WAS stable but only a few times.

How long will Vengit need this time to solv the issue? I mean without the app working correctly my product can't be used in the way it is meant to used. Since february 10th the issues seems to be unsolved.

Last time it required several E-Mails and some posts here until Vengit moved and solved the issue.

• 310 posts
    March 11, 2017 3:23 PM CET

[blockquote]Lars Böhme said:

Hi Guys, my App is also chrashing. I have one sequence that is just + 1 a few seconds and -1 a few sesonds, it works well. The second sequence is on 30 seconds +1 and just off after that. When I start second one the app crashes.

Edit: I can avoid crashin the app when I put the end point of the sequnce to 0, instead leaving it +1.

Best regards larsn

[/blockquote]

Hello Lars, 

Thank you for the report, we will check this. 

We will give you a response about the problem as soon as possible. 

Best wishes,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 15 posts
    March 11, 2017 3:06 PM CET

Hi Guys, my App is also chrashing. I have one sequence that is just + 1 a few seconds and -1 a few sesonds, it works well. The second sequence is on 30 seconds +1 and just off after that. When I start second one the app crashes.

Edit: I can avoid crashin the app when I put the end point of the sequnce to 0, instead leaving it +1.

Best regards larsn

This post was edited by Lars Böhme at March 11, 2017 3:11 PM CET
    • 310 posts
    February 18, 2017 4:41 PM CET

[blockquote]Giuseppe said: Hi, In the meantime I worked out the following: 1. it seems to be an issue on IOS devices only 2. I tried to use the app with an old samsung tablet now and all the sequences work fine without any problems 3. so, the developers should have a look at the IOS version of the app Rgds, Giuseppe[/blockquote]

They will check this, thank you for the report! 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    February 18, 2017 10:20 AM CET
    Hi,
    In the meantime I worked out the following:
    1. it seems to be an issue on IOS devices only
    2. I tried to use the app with an old samsung tablet now and all the sequences work fine without any problems
    3. so, the developers should have a look at the IOS version of the app

Rgds,
    Giuseppe
    • 310 posts
    February 18, 2017 1:36 AM CET

[blockquote]Jakob Peterhänsel said:

I'll add to this;

I have a profle (ID: 10085) where I have two sequences:

1: BridgeLight, 4 sec long, repeats and simply flash a light. This sequence does not crash the app.

2: BridgeUpAndDown, 91 sec long, meant to open a bridge, wait and then close it again(40 sec +1, 10 sec 0, 40 sec -1). This sequence crash the app all the times I start it, but the time is randomw between 7-15 sec into the sequence.

If I manually do it, it very, very rarely crash the app, though I have to say the App do crash from time to time at random times (out of the blue).

Device: iPad mini 4, iOS 10.2.1

App is 4.2 upd. 3.

It's a shame, as I would have loved to rund some automation here at LEGO World in Copenhagen, but as soon as I add just a bit, it starts to crash. :-/

[/blockquote]

Hello Jakob, 

I have forwarded the problem to our developers. They will check this as soon as possbile. 

We ask for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience, 

Best regards,
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• February 18, 2017 12:40 AM CET

I'll add to this;

I have a profle (ID: 10085) where I have two sequences:

1: BridgeLight, 4 sec long, repeats and simply flash a light. This sequence does not crash the app.

2: BridgeUpAndDown, 91 sec long, meant to open a bridge, wait and then close it again(40 sec +1, 10 sec 0, 40 sec -1). This sequence crash the app all the times I start it, but the time is randomw between 7-15 sec into the sequence.

If I manually do it, it very, very rarely crash the app, though I have to say the App do crash from time to time at random times (out of the blue).

Device: iPad mini 4, iOS 10.2.1

App is 4.2 upd. 3.

It's a shame, as I would have loved to rund some automation here at LEGO World in Copenhagen, but as soon as I add just a bit, it starts to crash. :-/

• 310 posts
    February 10, 2017 7:25 PM CET

[blockquote]Giuseppe said:

Hi,

I added squences for falshing lights in the Designer. But after some flashes the app on my IPAD crashes. Sometimes earlier, somtime later in the process. Without using the sequences there is no problem.

Any help on that?

Rgds,

Giuseppe

[/blockquote]

Dear Giuseppe, 

We will check this, thank you for the report. 

Soon we will get back to you.

Best regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    February 10, 2017 10:19 AM CET

Hi,

I added squences for falshing lights in the Designer. But after some flashes the app on my IPAD crashes. Sometimes earlier, somtime later in the process. Without using the sequences there is no problem.

Any help on that?

Rgds,

Giuseppe