Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Calibration

• 1 posts
    March 14, 2017 3:41 PM CET

I have a car that I am steering with a slider but it's not centered. Is there a way I can calibrate (center it and set limits the movement extent)?

• 421 posts
    March 15, 2017 1:07 PM CET

Rogier Landman said:

I have a car that I am steering with a slider but it's not centered. Is there a way I can calibrate (center it and set limits the movement extent)?

Dear Rogier, 

If you set the "Start" point to 0,5 in the Profile Designer, the starting point will be in the center. (You can do this after added a slider to your profile.) 

To set the movement extent, the easiest way is to switch the minimum and maximum value of the sliders. 

The basic options are for minimum -1, and maximum +1. If you set these values lower the movement extent will be reduced. 

For example you set 0.75 to maximum and -0.75 to minimum. Your creations movement extent will be lower in this case. 

I hope this will help, if you need any further help please contact us via e-mail. You can find us at info@sbrick.com

Best regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at March 15, 2017 1:08 PM CET
  • March 20, 2017 1:14 PM CET

Rogier Landman said:

Hi! I had the same problem. Your steering motor has a centered position. You just have to remove the gear wheel, center car wheels, power motor (it will center itself) and return back gear.