Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Sbrick cutting power?

• 37 posts
    October 21, 2017 7:50 AM CEST

Andrew has a good idea.  I find that the LEGO IR controllers have superior power hendling to the SBRICK plus.  I think that SBRICK needs an effective heat sink on the case!  Have any hobbiests experimented with this?

• 310 posts
    April 10, 2017 12:55 AM CEST

[blockquote]Andrew Nguyen said: Ok thanks. Are you guys planning to make a performace sbrick?[/blockquote]

Dear Andrew, 

Sorry for this late reply. This performance SBrick sounds a great idea, but we have no plans for this kind of SBrick yet. 

We will keep this in our mind, for the future. :) 

If you have any further questions just let us know!

Have a nice day,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 4 posts
    April 5, 2017 11:43 PM CEST
    Ok thanks. Are you guys planning to make a performace sbrick?
    • 178 posts
    April 4, 2017 9:28 AM CEST

Hello Andrew,

this is probably SBrick's overcurrent protection in action. It's a sign of trying to use SBrick near it's current limit.

Don't use SBrick near it's current limit for too long, it will overheat, and the thermal protection will disable the motors for several seconds / minutes. Doing this often will adversely affect the SBrick's lifetime.

I suggest using more motors instead of a single big one. I know this could be a hassle and/or more expensive, but you'll get reliable operation and happy, cool SBrick ;)

Cheers,

Tamas

This post was edited by Tamás Fábián at April 4, 2017 9:29 AM CEST
    • 4 posts
    March 31, 2017 8:12 AM CEST
    I look forward to the solution. :)
    • 310 posts
    March 28, 2017 8:38 PM CEST

[blockquote]Ilikeduhrice Nummy said: I'm not really sure if it's the sbrick itself, I already shorted the battery box to work without the thermal protection. Also I have a non lego motor connected to it. It works fine for 2 mins then when I drive it on carpet it slows down and jerks forward. How can I fix this?[/blockquote]

Hello, 

It is weired, I will forward this problem to our developers. 

As soon as I got the answer, I will forward it to you. 

We ask for some patience. :) 

Thanks, 

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 4 posts
    March 28, 2017 4:56 PM CEST
    I'm not really sure if it's the sbrick itself, I already shorted the battery box to work without the thermal protection. Also I have a non lego motor connected to it. It works fine for 2 mins then when I drive it on carpet it slows down and jerks forward. How can I fix this?