Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Playstation Controller support for windows 10

    • 19 posts
    August 11, 2017 3:17 PM CEST

    Hello,

    is it posstible to use videogame controllers to control an sbrick that is connected to a windows 10 pc?
    Right now i have to decide whether to connect the sbrick to my android phone to have contoller support or to connect it to my pc so i can control it via Scratch, i would like to be able to control it both via playstation controller and scratch but from the same device, either android or pc.

    Best regards,
    fabian

    • 19 posts
    August 15, 2017 2:19 PM CEST

    update: i used the programm "joy 2 key" to convert/remap any videogame controller input into keyboard keys.
    Its a good workaround and i was able to create a pretty robust lego tracked racer control script for the playstation gamepad in scratch, including various LED modes.

    you can get the software here:

    http://joytokey.net/en/


    This post was edited by Emi Grago at August 15, 2017 2:21 PM CEST
    • 486 posts
    August 15, 2017 2:34 PM CEST

    [blockquote]Emi Grago said:

    update: i used the programm "joy 2 key" to convert/remap any videogame controller input into keyboard keys.
    Its a good workaround and i was able to create a pretty robust lego tracked racer control script for the playstation gamepad in scratch, including various LED modes.

    you can get the software here:

    http://joytokey.net/en/

    [/blockquote]

    Dear Emi, 

    Sorry for the late reply. 

    Great to hear that you found a solution. 

    One of our fan has created a 3rd party application too. 

    Sariel has made a great tutorial video about it. 

    Here you can find it. All the necessary links will be in the bio. Check it too. 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MrGeOlVdhc

    I hope this will help you! :) 


    This post was edited by Balint Mezei at August 15, 2017 2:35 PM CEST
    • 19 posts
    August 16, 2017 2:04 AM CEST

    Thank you, actually sariel was part of the inspiration for me to get an sbrick! I allready had his app downloaded, but its for android or am i missing something? At the moment im interested in controlling the lego via laptop, especially since i use my android smartphone as mounted camera.


    This post was edited by Emi Grago at August 16, 2017 2:08 AM CEST
    • 486 posts
    August 21, 2017 10:31 AM CEST

    [blockquote]Emi Grago said:

    Thank you, actually sariel was part of the inspiration for me to get an sbrick! I allready had his app downloaded, but its for android or am i missing something? At the moment im interested in controlling the lego via laptop, especially since i use my android smartphone as mounted camera.

    [/blockquote]

    I see! Yes, that is right. The app is for Android. 

    To control your Lego creations you can use your laptop through Scratch. 

    Here you can find some more details, https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/37/slug/education

    But to control it with a gamepad, that connect to your laptop, it is not possible yet. 

    I hope this will help you! 

    Best, 

    Balint
    SBrick Team

    • 19 posts
    August 23, 2017 11:46 PM CEST
    [blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

    But to control it with a gamepad, that connect to your laptop, it is not possible yet. 

    [/blockquote] i am using a little program that converts my gamepad input into regular keystrokes, hence its possible now to control the sbrick via laptop and controller (and scratch)