Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Hardware & software

• 178 posts
    September 4, 2017 10:58 AM CEST

Hello!

The protocol over BLE is described here: https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/11

You can use the gatttool command to write characteristics, and so to use the DRIVE command, or to use the Quick Drive method.

One caveat is the watchdog.

The purpose of the watchdog is to prevent a model running away is your phone (or other devices) is frozen, so there is a connection (the so the model won't stop), but the application stops sending commands.

The watchdog is a timer that starts whenever there is a channel that's DRIVE-ing or BRAKE-ing. In these cases, the application MUST send a command in every second, or the connection will be terminated. Sending a "DRIVE 0" to all channels disables the watchdog.

• 2 posts
    September 3, 2017 1:44 PM CEST

I am trying to get the Sbrick Plus running from Linux. There are some scripts available, but none of them are working.

At this point I could read the Hardware and Firmware version of the Sbrick Plus.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ gatttool -b 00:07:80:D0:53:XX -i hci0 --char-read --handle=0x000A
    Characteristic value/descriptor: 31 31 2e 31 38
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ gatttool -b 00:07:80:D0:53:XX -i hci0 --char-read --handle=0x000c
    Characteristic value/descriptor: 31 31 2e 30

Firmware: 11.18
    Hardware: 11.0

I cannot get the Sbricks to work.

1. Is there some list with versions?
    2. Is there some list with the handle codes and their related functions?
    3. And is there some list with the appropriate values (when using a write)?

Please publish some documentation?