Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick Scratch extension for new Scratch 3

• 340 posts
    May 25, 2021 3:51 PM CEST
    Misha K said:
    Lénárd Pásztor said: 

We are waiting to scratch be more open for "indie" products. They said they will, but I'm not sure.

Now we have SBrick Pro, we think it is more powerful for smart hubs using building blocks. Would you like to give a try?

Sure, actually I've already tried SBrick Pro previously, and it looked amazing, however, can't access it anymore, the application says my credentials are wrong, resetting the password doesn't help. Do I need additional permissions to access it? Also JFYI, it can't be loaded in the ms edge browser (works with chrome tho).

Still, I wish sbrick have a Scratch3 module, hope we'll have an update from MIT with 3rd party plugins support. I guess the fact they publish plugin development documentation proves it will be released in the nearest future.

Looking forward to scratch 3 too. Please drop us a mail to info@sbrick.com about your SBrick Pro password problem. Please include your login email. Are you able to log in with this email to SBrick app, but not to SBrick Pro?

• 2 posts
    May 13, 2021 6:39 PM CEST
    Lénárd Pásztor said: 

We are waiting to scratch be more open for "indie" products. They said they will, but I'm not sure.

Now we have SBrick Pro, we think it is more powerful for smart hubs using building blocks. Would you like to give a try?

Sure, actually I've already tried SBrick Pro previously, and it looked amazing, however, can't access it anymore, the application says my credentials are wrong, resetting the password doesn't help. Do I need additional permissions to access it? Also JFYI, it can't be loaded in the ms edge browser (works with chrome tho).

Still, I wish sbrick have a Scratch3 module, hope we'll have an update from MIT with 3rd party plugins support. I guess the fact they publish plugin development documentation proves it will be released in the nearest future.

• 340 posts
    May 10, 2021 3:40 PM CEST
    Misha K said:

@Lénárd Pásztor any news on scratch3 support? afaik there is an unofficial way to run extensions by running the scranch locally:

or by using "patched" scratch3 versions like this one: E羊icques: A Scratch mod with a custom aspect ratio that can load an extension from a URL (sheeptester.github.io) or yours at https://scratch3.sbrick.com/ which is down at the moment of writing this.

Do you have plans on implementing this?

• 2 posts
    May 7, 2021 1:00 AM CEST

@Lénárd Pásztor any news on scratch3 support? afaik there is an unofficial way to run extensions by running the scranch locally:

or by using "patched" scratch3 versions like this one: E羊icques: A Scratch mod with a custom aspect ratio that can load an extension from a URL (sheeptester.github.io) or yours at https://scratch3.sbrick.com/ which is down at the moment of writing this.

Do you have plans on implementing this?

• 4 posts
    October 29, 2019 10:52 AM CET

Hi Lenard, 

Scratch 2.0 offline works well (on Windows), thanks. The tool UI is not so good as version no.3 but still you can play.

Finally I have manage to run an empty SBrickScratchSmartProject.sb2 file with scratchx.org but I had to play with flash player plugin in Chrome (to allow this website to run flash). Before that when I was uploading .sb2 or .sbx file nothing happens.     

So seems that now I can fully enjoy SBrick with Scratch (version 3 online). Thanks!

PS: Could you let me know if this set of sbrick blocks is full? There should be only 8 items:

• 340 posts
    October 25, 2019 4:00 PM CEST

You can use the Scratch 2.0 offline editor https://scratch.mit.edu/download/scratch2

Or you can rename the output file to .sbx then it will work here: https://scratchx.org/#scratch

• 4 posts
    October 24, 2019 5:13 PM CEST
    Could somebody let me know how to run ScratchX editor?

I have only .sb2 file generated with SBrick windows application. The ScratchX website require .sbx file.
    • 340 posts
    January 25, 2019 2:25 PM CET
    Timber Brick said:

It sounds like they are trying to shut out competition with Lego.  What does the MIT Scratch team say when you contact them?

They just not answer. If you have a better contact to Scratch team please connect them with us. It would be awesome if we can work closer..

• 37 posts
    January 24, 2019 5:50 PM CET

It sounds like they are trying to shut out competition with Lego.  What does the MIT Scratch team say when you contact them?

• 340 posts
    January 24, 2019 2:35 PM CET
    Timber Brick said:

I'm using Scratch Desktop 2.0 on windows 10.  The blue tooth connection frequently fails, and I have to restart the machine to restore it, which is slow and frustrating. Is there a faster work around?   The Windows 10 driver seems to think that the firmware version 21 is the latest, even though we are in version 23 now.  Please release a Scratch 3.0 driver.

We are continously testing with the Windows bluetooth stack and several laptop's bluetooth hardware. The results are mixed experience.. The best way to keep up a stable bluetooth connection with windows is to use the BLED112 USB bluetooth dongle. 

• 340 posts
    January 24, 2019 2:34 PM CET

Hi,

Yes, we seen this issue. Actually I don't know why Scratch team just deleted the previous version, f**k.

Interesting that many company already have extension for scratch 3 while the Scratch team does not allow upload extensions, f**k.

So we downloaded the Scratch 3 code and created the https://scratch3.sbrick.com service. We are working on to create the extension that will work here.

For Scratch 2 users we suggest to use https://scratchx.org/#scratch it works like scratch 2 before.

• 37 posts
    January 23, 2019 2:25 AM CET

I'm using Scratch Desktop 2.0 on windows 10.  The blue tooth connection frequently fails, and I have to restart the machine to restore it, which is slow and frustrating. Is there a faster work around?   The Windows 10 driver seems to think that the firmware version 21 is the latest, even though we are in version 23 now.  Please release a Scratch 3.0 driver.

• January 20, 2019 12:13 AM CET

For now I'm using the Scratch 2 desktop app (requires Adobe AIR)

• 2 posts
    January 20, 2019 12:11 AM CET

Please, add one more to this request.

Thanks.

• 1 posts
    January 19, 2019 8:12 PM CET

Same problem for me :(

• January 4, 2019 11:58 PM CET

Scratch 3 is now out and our SBrick extensions have disappeared.

Anyone know whether the extensions can be made to work with Scratch 3?

Thanks