Forums » Support

Back To Topics

I cannot reach Sbrick via Bluetooth

• 1 posts
    November 14, 2022 8:18 AM CET

try to uninstall the app then download the Sbrick mod apk again from https://heyhey.net it will help you to solve this problem.

This post was edited by Terribuchanan at November 15, 2022 11:32 AM CET
    • 5 posts
    November 24, 2019 9:31 AM CET
    Axel Soßdorf said:
    The root cause was, that you have to actually not only give the right to access the location but also turn on GPS on your mobile. Doesn't make sense - but helps.

Thanks. With the new Appversion v4.6.3 and the GPS it work now. Thanks.

• 340 posts
    November 22, 2019 3:29 PM CET
    Axel Soßdorf said:

My issue was solved following the advice mentioned here https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/29/sbrick-android-app

The root cause was, that you have to actually not only give the right to access the location but also turn on GPS on your mobile. Doesn't make sense - but helps.

Totally agree. Doesn't make sense, but this is how android BLE works now. We had a lot of work debugging what is the problem with the new driver release, then accidentaly figured out that this option matters. Unfortunately android libs are mostly undocumented. :( btw iOS releases at this years are a piece of ... too. Not so developer "friendly". Probably thanks to the fast moving mobile tech there is no time to test and document well.

• 3 posts
    November 22, 2019 2:31 PM CET

My issue was solved following the advice mentioned here https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/29/sbrick-android-app

• 3 posts
    November 22, 2019 10:23 AM CET
    Lénárd Pásztor said:

You don't need to pair the SBrick with the phone. The SBrick app sould see the SBrick without pairing.

It is also not found without pairing.

• 3 posts
    November 22, 2019 10:19 AM CET

I also have the same problem. I didn't use my sBricks (1st generation) for about a year. The green light is constantly on, they pair with both of my Android devices but are not displayed in the SBrick app. I tried with a MOTOG5 and Galaxy Tab10. The strange thing is also that they are also not recognized by the alternative app BrickController2. Is it possible that the Sbrick firmware is so much outdated, that it can't be accessed anymore? But how to update the SBrick Firmware without the app?

• 10 posts
    November 9, 2019 5:53 PM CET

I also have an issue with my SBricks. I havent used them in awhile, and it appear the app has updated in the meantime.

The app does not see the Sbricks, on both android 10 (Oneplus) and android 8 (HTC), but the phones see them. The app is also not available (anymore?) for older tablets :/

• 340 posts
    November 6, 2019 2:34 PM CET
    Robert Nitschke said:

Hi,

thank you for your answer. The App downgrate do not help. I tryed with 4.4.13 on my XCover Phone. I think, the SBrick is the real cause. The phone does not want to pairing the SBrick secondly. The first pairing is working. After I have brocken the PAIRING (not just the connection), the second pairing does not work. That is my issue. The SBrick-device must have saved something or changed in the settings, so that the second pairing does not work.

best regards

You don't need to pair the SBrick with the phone. The SBrick app sould see the SBrick without pairing.

• 5 posts
    November 5, 2019 9:48 AM CET

Hi,

thank you for your answer. The App downgrate do not help. I tryed with 4.4.13 on my XCover Phone. I think, the SBrick is the real cause. The phone does not want to pairing the SBrick secondly. The first pairing is working. After I have brocken the PAIRING (not just the connection), the second pairing does not work. That is my issue. The SBrick-device must have saved something or changed in the settings, so that the second pairing does not work.

best regards

• 340 posts
    October 28, 2019 12:25 PM CET

Hi,

Yes these are known issues with the current app on some android phones.

You can downgrade on android until we publish the fix.

We are ordered phones and testing with them to reproduce the issue.

There is no release date until we can fix this issue. I will report here when we have news about that.

• 2 posts
    October 25, 2019 9:45 PM CEST
    Hi Guys,

I found the problem with my s brick. I red many posts with similar problem and i decided that i have problem with s brick app, actually sbrick has problem with app. I already installed another app and its working, unfortunately with ps4 controller. Do you have some informations about new version of sbrick app? The date of release or something like that? Thanks for answers.
    • 5 posts
    October 25, 2019 8:32 PM CEST

Obviously after decoupling, the SBrick allowed not a pairing again. The phone says the SBrick-settings are the issue. It´s possible to reset the SBrick?

This post was edited by Robert Nitschke at October 25, 2019 8:35 PM CEST
    • 5 posts
    October 21, 2019 10:31 PM CEST

I have the same issue. I can only connect the Sbrick with the phone via bluetooth one time. It works with the app impeccable. If I disconnect this connection, I cannot establish again. The phone says "Connection failed. Check your SBrick settings and try again.".

With an other device (Samsung Galaxy S5) the same phenomenon. Please help.

Phone: Samsung XCover4S Android Version: 9

APP Version v4.6.1

SBrick, Firmware: 25, Software: 12

• 38 posts
    October 21, 2019 7:41 PM CEST

Can you establish a bluetooth connection with any other device? Is the green LED at the SBRICK lighting?

• 2 posts
    October 20, 2019 12:55 PM CEST
    Hi guys,

Have problem with my sbrick connection. I cannot establish the connection to my sbrick via bluetooth. Before 4 weeks i dismounted my battery box from my crawler and recharged the batteries. Today after morning i conected battery box with fully charged batteries but sbrick dont response anymore. Actually before 4 weeks it worked properly. Some idea what happened? Thank you for your answers and tips.