Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Profile designer disappoinment

• 3 posts
    March 7, 2020 6:33 PM CET

Hello everybody,

I just recognized the same problem as Cregory Carr, concerning the connection of my PS4 controller to the sBrick app (not EDU but the "normal" one). My intention was to control one motor with the two gamepad triggers. One for the forward direction and one for the backward direction (like in most of the racing games). But I learned that this is not possible, cause I didn't succeed in connecting two sliders to one port. Did you find any possibilty to realize such kind of profile in the meantime?

Regards from Bremen Germany

• 38 posts
    January 1, 2020 6:03 PM CET

Probably there is a possibiliy to use SBrick correctly with IE/Edge. I agree totally with you that you need a lot of time to manage using SBrick and profiledesigner.

Remember that SBrick is a tiny company compared with Lego. Simply try to change the settings of auto-reset or auto-brake and have a look what happens. I suppose there should be a difference.

I managed to use already the automatic movement with sequence editor. It could be more comfortable and there raise one problem after the other as you can read in this forum.

Yes, you are right it is a lot of money but I hope the guys of SBrick will do their job as they continue to promise us. I did not find any other product which can really be compared with SBrick and the Lego digital products like NXT and all the other stuff are quite expensive too at, least in Germany.

• 2 posts
    January 1, 2020 3:39 AM CET

I installed Google Chrome and it allows the settings to be saved. This seems like a pretty awful way to try to get bluetooth control into a Lego product. I feel like I wasted my money. The software should be downloadable so it can be used offline and the help file should be helpful. I hope to figure it out eventually, but what a waste of time. Also, why can't more than one controll be added to a port? Then you could make your phone act like the Lego Controller where a Port has 3 buttons: (1)Increment up (2)Stop (3)Increment Down. I dont see the advantage of more ports if you have such rudimentary control. I am extremely disappointed that I didn't research this better.

• 38 posts
    December 31, 2019 6:21 PM CET

I have Windows10, too and I agree that the handbook is much too old.

i use profiledesigner only with googlechrome because I encountered too many times problems with different websites while using Edge/IE. 

I am over 60 years and basically I do not like using Google but obviously Microsoft has some default features in Edge/IE which do not allow some features at distinct websites. I installed Chrome with default features and everything is right. I have no interest to test all the possibilities you can change at Edge/IE.

• 2 posts
    December 29, 2019 8:08 PM CET

I was trying to create a simple train motor controller with a light control switch. So far my first experience with SBrick has been disappointing. I have Windows 10 and have tried to use the Profile designer with Edge and Internet Explorer. The results were the same.

(1) The Handbook is not up to date with profile designer features and not very helpful for old geezers like myself.

(2) Slider cannot be saved to "Auto reset" "off".

(3) Slider cannot be saved to "Auto brake" "off" and no explanation what this feature is.

(4) Button cannot be saved to "Auto reset" "off".

(5) Button cannot be saved to "Auto brake" "on" and no explanation what this feature is.