Forums » Suggestions

Back To Topics

Profile Designer Suggestions

• 2 posts
    November 10, 2015 8:26 AM CET

I used SBrick for a few weeks, and find that the current Profole Designer can not implement some of my ideas.

Here is the thing I want to see in the comming designer:

More flexible. More programmable.

I want to "filter" the value sent to my motors.  Use variables, if, switch case, math, boolean... etc. 

Like EV3, I want to *script* something. Not just use the control value directly.

Thanks.

• 164 posts
    October 29, 2015 10:35 AM CET

[blockquote]Ken Wautelet said:

Did you thing that it was possible to create an app for android wear ?

My watch have a gyro, and it can be fun to command my Sbrick directly by movement of my hand.

[/blockquote]

Yes it will possible. We will support the wearable devices and bluetooth joysticks as well :) 

• 164 posts
    October 29, 2015 10:28 AM CET

@Horst,

Yes, it will be available. We are working on that. 

@Ken,

Good question. I will contact with our developers about this. 

• 4 posts
    October 29, 2015 9:17 AM CET

Did you thing that it was possible to create an app for android wear ?

My watch have a gyro, and it can be fun to command my Sbrick directly by movement of my hand.

• September 25, 2015 4:02 PM CEST
    Can you implement the battery voltage and the sbrick temperature into the profile Editor? Maybe as free movable Data fields? So one can always See the actual stats? This would be great and should be possible as you already have the information in the App. Thanks a lot, Chris
    • 164 posts
    September 17, 2015 3:34 PM CEST

Yes, from the app. You can set it up easily :) 

• 11 posts
    September 17, 2015 3:28 PM CEST

[blockquote]Tamas Misik said:

Hi Pablo,

It is already possible. You can control more motors or leds simoultaneously with one slider/button/joystick ;)

[/blockquote]

how can I? from the app? (my ipod is broken now and I don't have an sbrick, so I can't see if there are many features) thank you for the answer!

• 164 posts
    September 17, 2015 12:45 PM CEST

Hi Pablo,

It is already possible. You can control more motors or leds simoultaneously with one slider/button/joystick ;)

• 11 posts
    September 16, 2015 5:04 PM CEST

I thnk it is really important to control coupled motor with an sbrick to make possible that slider, joystick an buttons can control more than 1 channel simoultaneously!

• 4 posts
    August 6, 2015 12:41 PM CEST

It can be iteresting to have the possibility to add an IP Cam to our profils.

With the free soft IPcam (android) we can change an old smatphone on a camera usable by an internet page.

if we can add this page to our profile, we will have the possibility to manipule our creation without a direct vue on it.

Here is a beta version of an EV3 spycam:

This post was edited by Ken Wautelet at August 6, 2015 12:42 PM CEST
  • May 16, 2015 5:04 PM CEST

I know in the app you can see the battery level under bricks. It would be nice if you can have it display in the profile you are running in realtime.

• 36 posts
    May 11, 2015 6:28 PM CEST

Hi Support Team,

Please let me know, how can I share a profile (attached) that I have created in PD, with another user? When this functionality will be available, if it is not working yet?

Thanks, 

Peter

• April 1, 2015 1:01 AM CEST
    Indicators or able to repeat a button for flashing lights
    • 3 posts
    March 27, 2015 1:45 PM CET

+1 for grid + snap top grid, and +1 for a window that actually fits. I've got a 1080p screen, which is more than my phone has, but I still have to scroll in the designer :)

I've got some other idea's, but they probably fall under 'profile' instead of 'designer':

- On analog controls (joystick, slider) that do not auto-reset: Allow for a 'dead' zone so 0 is not 1 pixel wide / high, but (adjustable) 5% or 10% of the height

- On the joystick, differentiate between auto-reset for the X-axis and the Y-axis. For instance, maintain speed, but return steering servo to center.

- On analog controls, let us set the minimum duty cycle. On the lower end all the motors do is whine, they don't turn. The 'values'-option lets us set a maximum, but not a minimum (around the 0)

- On analog controls, choose between a linear scale or an exponential scale, for more control in the slower speeds

Any maybe, but that's a bit advanced, a reversing auto-reset (full power) or reversing auto-reset (reverse movement) for all those (older?) steering MOC's that are not using the servo motor? I had 0.76 seconds of 56% duty cycle so when I release the slider the motor should turn the other way for 0.76*0.56/100 = 0.43 seconds @ 100% (full power) or 0.76 seconds @ 56% (reverse movement)

• 6 posts
    March 3, 2015 3:49 PM CET

In order to aligne the different elements, it would be interresting to have a grid (different sizes) and the option "Snap to Grid".

• 7 posts
    February 22, 2015 10:13 PM CET

Here are some of my suggestions:

New Controls

• Add a text label as an option, so you can install labels on your dashboard like "up, down, compressor, headlights", or support automaticaly adding labels to controls as part of the control's properties (ex: slider could have two values for each end of the control, and/or an overall placard, user decides which values to display.)
    • Create a radiobutton style control that sends a preset amount of power for a preset duration to a given port. Useful for things like pneumatic switch engines or stepwise geartrains. Each radio button option would have its own power, direction, and duration seting. The exact number of buttons in the radiobutton set would be user-determined.

Changes to the designer

• Selecting a control on the designer surface should select the control from the object menu at left, and should automatically expose its property windows for editing.
    • Hovering over a control resource should preview the resource on the designer surface, on the control that is currently being edited.
    • The designer surface desperately needs a zoom/fit-to-window feature.

Hope someone's watching this thread.

• 7 posts
    February 22, 2015 10:06 PM CET

Post suggestions for the Profile designer here.