Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Clinometer issues

• 1 posts
    November 3, 2017 3:28 AM CET

Hello,

Today I have tried to use the clinometer on an iPhone 7.

The behaviour of the clinometer was very unpredictable, i.e. tilting forward and backward, or right and left did not always produce the same effect, sometimes the result was even surprising (e.g. tilting forward would have normally been driving forward but instead the wheels got steered). 

As far as I know there is a gyroscope on iPhone 7 (http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/58244/calibrate-gyroscope-iphone/), so the clinometer shoud work.

So, should the clinometer work on an iPhone 7? If yes, is there a more detailed tutorial for the clinometer than the one that is in the profile designer?

Thankx,

Attila

• August 10, 2017 12:43 PM CEST
    Thank you for the answer.
    I didn't even know. I thought the 'screen rotation' would cover that kind of thing. But since it's pretty laggy, that explains quite a bit.
    • 2 posts
    August 9, 2017 10:00 PM CEST

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

Hello Guys, 

We have checked your devices, and regarding our developers there is no gyroscope in the phones. 

It means that you won't be able to use the clinometer function on these devices. :( 

Sorry for the inconvenience, 

Best,

Balint
    SBrick Team

[/blockquote]

Hi Balint,

Thanks for your quick and accurate answer!

Do you plan to use the accelometer's data as clinometer in the future? I mean, a plenty of applications (like games) can use it. For example: I can steer with tilting my phone in "Asphalt 8". (And I wished I could do it with a "real" car, with a LEGO creation by SBrick.)

Regards,

Gyuri

• 310 posts
    August 9, 2017 6:42 PM CEST

Hello Guys, 

We have checked your devices, and regarding our developers there is no gyroscope in the phones. 

It means that you won't be able to use the clinometer function on these devices. :( 

Sorry for the inconvenience, 

Best,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 310 posts
    August 8, 2017 11:49 AM CEST

Hello Guys, 

I have contacted our developers about the requierements to use the clinometer. 

As soon as I get a response, I will forward it to you! 

Thank you for your patience! 

Have a nice day, 

Balint

SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    August 8, 2017 12:50 AM CEST

The same with my Galaxy J5, Android 6.0.1.

Can I use the clinometer somehow?

Many thanks in advance!

• July 27, 2017 6:24 PM CEST
    I have a Galaxy Xcover3.
    I want to use the clinometer function but the app says "the clinometer is not supported on your device"
    Can I or you do something about it?
    By the way - 41MB is pretty much. I expected something like "EV3-simple remote"
    This post was edited by Павел Покладов at July 27, 2017 6:43 PM CEST
    • 310 posts
    May 5, 2016 11:29 AM CEST

[blockquote]Kaelan Frost said:

Hey, just wondering if the update has been released yet for the IOS devices.

-Kaelan Frost

[/blockquote]

Hello!

Our developers still working on the new application. We are testing it continuously. The forecasts are positive. :) 

Soon it will be available.

Regards, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• 4 posts
    May 5, 2016 7:21 AM CEST

Hey, just wondering if the update has been released yet for the IOS devices.

-Kaelan Frost

• 310 posts
    April 3, 2016 11:51 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jordan Fiebelkorn said:

Balint, 

I'm also waiting for the new update so I can use the clinometer on my iPhone 6. Any news on the release date? 

[/blockquote]

Hi, 

Our developers working on it. :) 

If everything goes right, it will be available within 2-3 weeks, but we cannot mark out an exact date yet. 

Best wishes, 

• April 3, 2016 7:14 PM CEST

Balint, 

I'm also waiting for the new update so I can use the clinometer on my iPhone 6. Any news on the release date? 

• 310 posts
    March 10, 2016 11:43 AM CET

Is there a specific date the clinometer comes out for IOS? 

-Kaelan Frost

[/blockquote]

Hello Kaelan,

Unfortunately we don't have a specific date yet. 
    We think that, it will be available within a month. 

Thanks for your patience, 

Best regards, 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at March 10, 2016 11:44 AM CET
    • 4 posts
    March 10, 2016 2:45 AM CET

Is there a specific date the clinometer comes out for IOS? 

-Kaelan Frost

• 310 posts
    February 28, 2016 7:04 PM CET

Thank you so much! Good to hear that it will work in the future, and I don't have a problem with my device. ;)

Thanks -Kaelan Frost

[/blockquote]

It is a pleasure for us, thank you for your feedback. 

Best wishes, 

• 4 posts
    February 28, 2016 6:58 PM CET

Thank you so much! Good to hear that it will work in the future, and I don't have a problem with my device. ;)

Thanks -Kaelan Frost

• 310 posts
    February 28, 2016 6:52 PM CET

I wanted to use the new clinometer option from the profile creator interface, but after downloading and appyling my profile to a new vehicle i made in the sbrick app, when i click on it, the app crashes. I want top use the clinometer so i can steer my creations by tilting my device. I have checked everything, all software is up to date and i have checked everything i can think of. my device is an iphone 5c and thee screen ratio is set to the proper ratio, and my sBrick has not experienced problems before. I would like to fix this problem so any advice or contructive critisism is appreciated. -ps i would have worded and used proper grammar, but i ran out of time after my i tried to write this before and it got deleted 

[/blockquote]

Hi! 

Unfortunately, the clinometer function has not available for IOS operating system yet. 
    If you open a profile in which there is a clinometer button, the appliaciton will be shutting down. 

The IOS version will be ready in a couple of weeks, with all these issues fixed. 

Thank you for your patience! 

• 4 posts
    February 28, 2016 12:53 AM CET

I wanted to use the new clinometer option from the profile creator interface, but after downloading and appyling my profile to a new vehicle i made in the sbrick app, when i click on it, the app crashes. I want top use the clinometer so i can steer my creations by tilting my device. I have checked everything, all software is up to date and i have checked everything i can think of. my device is an iphone 5c and thee screen ratio is set to the proper ratio, and my sBrick has not experienced problems before. I would like to fix this problem so any advice or contructive critisism is appreciated. -ps i would have worded and used proper grammar, but i ran out of time after my i tried to write this before and it got deleted