Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Control Delay

• 310 posts
    August 16, 2016 6:09 PM CEST

[blockquote]Rik Lachmann said:

Ok, I made some tests now.

SBrick (Hardware 4): Controling steering (Servo) and speed by slider. Just these two controls work pretty fine. BUT: when I connect a third port (Lights) to the SBrick and control this port by a button with no auto-reset, a control-delay is produced. Switching on the lights and start driving is no problem, but after some seconds while driving there is a huge delay (~1sec. delay). If I connect a fourth port and power this port also by a button without auto-reset the delay is bigger.

For me there can be two reasons:

1. the App (iOS) cannot send more than 2 signals and produces a delay
    2. the SBrick cannot receive more than 2 signals and produces a delay

For my tests I ordered two more SBricks, received them today. (Nice shipping!)

Case (1)
    I used two SBricks (the new one (Hardware 5) have both the same problem like the Hardware 4 one) and seperated driving and steering. Now I started with steering and speed on SBrick A and two lights on SBrick B. I used the same profile on my iPhone 6 and there was no delay while driving. Everything is fine! 
    RESULT: The App can send more than 2 different signals without any delay

Case (2)
    The App does not produce any problems so I think the SBricks cannot receive more than 2 signals at the same time.

If I can help you testing in this case, please contact me.

Best Regards
    Rik

EDIT: latest Firmware (App v4.0 Update 1) (SBrick 12)

[/blockquote]

Hello Rik! 

Thank you for the information, i forwarded them to the competent person. :) 

Regards, 

Balint - SBrick Team 

• 11 posts
    August 16, 2016 11:55 AM CEST

Ok, I made some tests now.

SBrick (Hardware 4): Controling steering (Servo) and speed by slider. Just these two controls work pretty fine. BUT: when I connect a third port (Lights) to the SBrick and control this port by a button with no auto-reset, a control-delay is produced. Switching on the lights and start driving is no problem, but after some seconds while driving there is a huge delay (~1sec. delay). If I connect a fourth port and power this port also by a button without auto-reset the delay is bigger.

For me there can be two reasons:

1. the App (iOS) cannot send more than 2 signals and produces a delay
    2. the SBrick cannot receive more than 2 signals and produces a delay

For my tests I ordered two more SBricks, received them today. (Nice shipping!)

Case (1)
    I used two SBricks (the new one (Hardware 5) have both the same problem like the Hardware 4 one) and seperated driving and steering. Now I started with steering and speed on SBrick A and two lights on SBrick B. I used the same profile on my iPhone 6 and there was no delay while driving. Everything is fine! 
    RESULT: The App can send more than 2 different signals without any delay

Case (2)
    The App does not produce any problems so I think the SBricks cannot receive more than 2 signals at the same time.

If I can help you testing in this case, please contact me.

Best Regards
    Rik

EDIT: latest Firmware (App v4.0 Update 1) (SBrick 12)

This post was edited by Rik Lachmann at August 16, 2016 11:58 AM CEST
    • 310 posts
    August 5, 2016 11:54 AM CEST

Hey,

1 Problem, this SBrick is on Firmware 12... Cant update anymore. 

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

We check this, till that time please fill this form out, to help our developers solving this issue,

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIneJxqxmZMRasFSklMBO20-yOJGxY6zBCTnz-10eb1xoyIg/viewform

Regards, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at August 5, 2016 11:54 AM CEST
    • 11 posts
    August 4, 2016 6:34 PM CEST

Hey,

1 Problem, this SBrick is on Firmware 12... Cant update anymore. 

• 310 posts
    August 4, 2016 12:11 PM CEST

Hey,

when I'am using my SBrick to drive a car, after 5 sec. full pedal and different steering commands I have a huge delay. So when I stop pushing forward, the motor doesnt stop instant, he stops after 1 second... Same for the steering, when I let the servo go to center, he doesnt go there instant, he needs one second, and then he does...

This wasnt there before the new APP (iOS)...
    Hope you can fix it!

Best regards

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

The delay means that you have an older firmware version on your SBrick. It would be necessary to update it to the newest. It is 12. 

You can do it, in the "My SBricks" menu. If you need any help with this, feel free to ask!

Best wishes,

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• 11 posts
    August 4, 2016 12:01 AM CEST

Hey,

when I'am using my SBrick to drive a car, after 5 sec. full pedal and different steering commands I have a huge delay. So when I stop pushing forward, the motor doesnt stop instant, he stops after 1 second... Same for the steering, when I let the servo go to center, he doesnt go there instant, he needs one second, and then he does...

This wasnt there before the new APP (iOS)...
    Hope you can fix it!

Best regards