Forums » Suggestions

Back To Topics

Train Profile?

• 16 posts
    May 18, 2021 2:46 PM CEST

Train people, why are there so many? Look guys, making your own profile is really veeeeeeery simple. Even for linear thinkers like train people ...
    well i guess even for ...
    uhm ...
    or maybe you should go back to cables
    *LOL*

• 1 posts
    December 3, 2016 12:20 AM CET

My question could fall under the same, since I use clutches and gears to uptain more moving parts out of my 4 motors.

Every motor has 2 options and one is controlling the gear/clutch/driving ring.

(a)XL drives left belt and rotation of the crane

(b)XL drives right belt and crane up/down

(c)M drives crane lower and higher gear for belt and the crane grapper.

(d)M drives the clutch for the three others

I would like to see the joystick with Y axe giving power to my two XL and X axe to reducue or reverse either of the two.

at the same time I use a button for my (d)m motor to change the use of the other 3 motors. but after this they now have new functions, but I can only assign one function per motor, eventhough they have two(four) functions each

• August 10, 2016 8:34 PM CEST

I set the same channel name to the speed slider and a button in the profile designer.

but in the app: when I assign the button, I loose the assignment for the slider.

I cannot assign two controls to one channel.

but with a sequence I got it working

best regards, Günther

• August 10, 2016 2:16 PM CEST

thank you, I'll give that a try!

best regards!

Günther

• 310 posts
    August 10, 2016 2:12 PM CEST

[blockquote]Günther Bachmayr said:

Hello!

We use the sbricks especially for steering trains but at this point it is not optimal to use.

can you please integrate:

-the opportunity for using multiple buttons for the same channel, so that we could realize the emergency-stop-function? (exiting the sbrick-profile for each stop is ....very strange and useless, sorry)

or

-add a setting to increase the dead-zone from a slider? For trains-speed-sliders the auto-reset is deactivated so it is very hard do find the 0-position because its size is only one pixel on the display. if it would be possible to increase it manually with an extra value in the profile-designer it would work with any problems!

can you please add one of this suggestions?  I know, that emergency-stop-functions have been existing in the past in at least two profiles:

-the Horizon-Express- profile and

-the ferris-wheel-profile

but both of these are not available anymore, however why....

thank you and kind regards!

[/blockquote]

Hello!

The first suggestion you mentioned is available. If you set the same channel name to a button and the slider which you use and for the button you set the output value to 0, your creation stops immediately, when you push the button. 

About the manual settings. If you choose a button or a slider, there are three options, Control settings, Control Resourches, and Manual settings, there you can set the exact values you mentioned. 

Those two profiles are available but only for 1-1 screen ratio. The Horizon express is for the 16:9, and the ferris-wheel for 4:3. 

Soon we will intagrate the missing screen ratios, and it will be available for all the devices. :) We need some time to finish these settings. 

I hope i could helped to you, 

Best wishes, 

Balint - SBrick Team 

• August 8, 2016 5:07 PM CEST

Hello!

We use the sbricks especially for steering trains but at this point it is not optimal to use.

can you please integrate:

-the opportunity for using multiple buttons for the same channel, so that we could realize the emergency-stop-function? (exiting the sbrick-profile for each stop is ....very strange and useless, sorry)

or

-add a setting to increase the dead-zone from a slider? For trains-speed-sliders the auto-reset is deactivated so it is very hard do find the 0-position because its size is only one pixel on the display. if it would be possible to increase it manually with an extra value in the profile-designer it would work with any problems!

can you please add one of this suggestions?  I know, that emergency-stop-functions have been existing in the past in at least two profiles:

-the Horizon-Express- profile and

-the ferris-wheel-profile

but both of these are not available anymore, however why....

thank you and kind regards!

This post was edited by Günther Bachmayr at August 10, 2016 8:35 AM CEST