Forums » Suggestions

Back To Topics

Future hardware addons

• 10 posts
    October 16, 2014 10:16 AM CEST

[blockquote]Roberto Vengut Tro said:

GPS tracker brick (also usefull for speed measuring)

[/blockquote]

I don't think GPS is useful unless you plan to travel great distances outside with your device. GPS can't supply enough detail for speed measuring on a Lego-scale.

I really like the video streaming idea.

• 178 posts
    October 14, 2014 2:59 PM CEST

Yes, the two outer wires are + and -, and are NOT used by the PF motors. Only the servo motor uses them to get the constant power it needs for it's electronics.

Also, the IR receiver and the SBrick too draws power from these lines.

The two middle wires are the control wires, they are used by the PF motors. The servo motor listens to these lines to determine the angle it should turn it's axis.

SBrick can also draw power from the control lines, so it can be powered by tran / old power supplies.

A lot of detailed information can be found here: http://www.philohome.com/pf/pf.htm

• 6 posts
    October 14, 2014 1:10 PM CEST

Also, I was wondering if you could use the other two lines for this. The PF cable has 4 wires, two for electrical power, and two which I don't know exactly what they do. Maybe they can be used for input, perhaps LEGO has plans for i2c also on the PF series.

In this case, maybe a project for a whole servo motor with position feedback would be also nice!

• 178 posts
    October 14, 2014 12:27 PM CEST

The rotary encoder is a great idea, thank you :)

• 6 posts
    October 7, 2014 8:19 PM CEST

A rotary encoder device (similar to MS GlideWheel http://www.mindsensors.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=173) would be really nice.

That would allow to turn PF motors into servos (but without the limitation of the LEGO PF Servo of 180 degrees range)

• 340 posts
    October 2, 2014 5:33 PM CEST

We have a development module for it. It needs more work to create the first working prototype. Now we are focusing to take SBrick into production. So CamBrick comes in 2015.

• 3 posts
    October 2, 2014 8:57 AM CEST

[blockquote]Caoimhin Marsh said:

A camera which streams real time video to your device and have a button to record it

[/blockquote]

This, so much! Heard you guys were workingon the camBrick, how far are you from release?

• 10 posts
    August 23, 2014 1:09 PM CEST

A camera which streams real time video to your device and have a button to record it

• 4 posts
    August 16, 2014 7:38 PM CEST
    Actually, many of these features (rpm monitoring, touch and gyro sensors) are implemented in EV3 Mindstorm... So allowing the app to connect both to SBrick and EV3 or to develop a SBrick-EV3 connection would allow them.
  • August 15, 2014 4:44 PM CEST

GPS tracker brick (also usefull for speed measuring) , programable 8 RGB LED light brick, rpm measure brick (also usefull for return to center and other robotics things because it will count exact rotations), touch sensor, G-force measurer brick.

Yeah, I have too much imagination :P

• 340 posts
    August 8, 2014 9:14 PM CEST

If you have any suggestion about the extension of SBrick with new hardware addons, you can write it here.