Forums » Suggestions

Back To Topics

Future hardware addons

• 1 posts
    May 13, 2018 12:55 PM CEST

Support for two Joysticks would be great. Imagine two Trains powered by sBrick controlled by independent joysticks. Then when you couple them, press a button on one of the joysticks and you then are in charge of both trains in dual tractions. With the app itself it works greatly but not with the two joysticks for my children. Please add!

• 5 posts
    December 8, 2017 5:02 AM CET

A Gyro, it would solve the problem of turning properly and returning to original position. Rotary encoders and GPS are way too complicated and require new hardware on peripherals that you do not build, or a lot more power. A small gyro chip would work wonders for any application I can think of.

• 1 posts
    November 16, 2017 9:59 AM CET
    Raivis D said:

make it happen   :D

You can use Mad Catz C.T.R.L.R for exemple.

• 1 posts
    October 8, 2017 5:55 PM CEST

Es ist sehr umständlich wenn man hin- und her schalten muss um vom Designer zu Sbrick. Der Start muesste sofort uber eine App anzusteuern sein. Ihr solltest mal bei BuWizz reinschauen. Das ist hervorragend gemacht; wenn auch noch nicht perfekt.

Gruß

Klaus Roskosch

• 1 posts
    November 7, 2016 1:54 AM CET
    I think you should do more powerfull motors including ones designed for Star Wars walkers and I mean more powerful as in powerful enough for 1 per leg to work on a properly minifig scale AT-AT walker and also pistons ranging from 6 by 6 studs wide to a single stud (if that's actually possible lol)

EDIT: also 2 which basically are just the same size, have the same mounting ports, ect as the 2 current power functions motors; I'm buying instructions for a motorised moc and I'd prefer it to be a little faster. (They will be able to connect to the two power functions remote controls right?)
    This post was edited by Anthony Smith at November 7, 2016 2:02 AM CET
    • 4 posts
    April 11, 2016 3:08 PM CEST

make it happen   :D

• 310 posts
    April 6, 2016 6:22 PM CEST

[blockquote]-= Lynx =- said:

So, reading about hardware addons:

Now four pins on port are +V C1 C2 GND, and C1 and C2 are both PWM-capable.

Is there any possibility for them to become +V TX RX GND, in UART sense, or other 2-wire protocol? I suspect there is no problem for TX, but sensing RX through power circuits may be a problem. Will add-ons connect directly to smartphone? Or there is some not yet used / released way to use communication protocol on current HW?

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Unfortunately such functionality is unavailable in the current SBrick hardware. 

Best wishes, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• 310 posts
    April 1, 2016 1:06 PM CEST

Hello guys! 

Thank you for all the suggestions. :) We are look into them. :) 

Best wishes, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• 11 posts
    March 30, 2016 10:25 AM CEST
    I think that before making a full studless edition (impossible to fit into trains or studded static mocs) vengit should find a way to fit all The lego wire end, The one that power The sbrick, into The case, lowering also the connector hole so The bottom of the sbrick Will look The same of The IR receiver
    • 5 posts
    March 30, 2016 1:30 AM CEST

+1 for studless case for SBrick, with an odd size. I just hate how I always have to either a) deal with a half stud offset, or b) lose 5L x 5L of real estate in my chassis. Just moving the holes by half a stud would be enough (if fully studless was not possible)...something like this?:

Fully studless would be better though, so I don't have a wasted space underneath the SBrick.

+1 for a high-current LiPo as well. Again, studless would be nice...

+1 for the CamBrick too. Not sure if BT has the bandwidth to transmit live video at any decent resolution though... Controlling the CamBrick's lense etc via an SBrick would be nice, too.

A fully dimmable, controllable RGB LED system would be nice too. Maybe C1 could be Hue and C2 could be Dimmer or something?

• 16 posts
    March 23, 2016 10:51 AM CET

So, reading about hardware addons:

Now four pins on port are +V C1 C2 GND, and C1 and C2 are both PWM-capable.

Is there any possibility for them to become +V TX RX GND, in UART sense, or other 2-wire protocol? I suspect there is no problem for TX, but sensing RX through power circuits may be a problem. Will add-ons connect directly to smartphone? Or there is some not yet used / released way to use communication protocol on current HW?

• 310 posts
    March 12, 2016 1:32 AM CET

[blockquote]Raivis Donskis said:

how about possibility to control SBRICK with PS/XBOX/PC compatible joystick? :)

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

It is under developing. In the future it will be available. 

Here you can find a topic about the remote control, https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/151/a-physical-remote-control

Best
    regards, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Tea, 

• 4 posts
    March 11, 2016 10:11 PM CET

how about possibility to control SBRICK with PS/XBOX/PC compatible joystick? :)

• 10 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:53 PM CET

[blockquote]Caoimhin Marsh said:

A camera which streams real time video to your device and have a button to record it

[/blockquote]

Brilliant idea!

• 164 posts
    November 17, 2015 12:49 PM CET

Dear Barrie,

The SBrick is built around the BLE113 module. The motors are driven with DRV8833 ICs

Learn more at: https://social.sbrick.com/wiki/view/pageId/9/slug/user-guide-for-sbrick

• 1 posts
    November 16, 2015 7:22 PM CET

Can you please tell me something about the Sbrick? What type of device it is and what are its applications?

Is it any MCU board for the control applications?

What are its all hardware components and their specifications?

pcb manufacturer

This post was edited by Barrie Chua at November 24, 2015 7:56 PM CET
    • 164 posts
    September 17, 2015 12:46 PM CEST

Thanks for your suggetsions :) 

• 11 posts
    September 16, 2015 4:35 PM CEST

One thing that you can make is a motor that fit perfectly with lego valves, and that can be controlled with a 3 position lever on the touchpad, another could be a controller, designed to one sbrick (to help whose need it for fast creation where to have a feedback in the controller while driving could help really a lot!, i've suggest it in the survey "why you haven't buy an sbrick") or also a sort of modular/buildable one, like a central processor and some outputs where you can link joystick, buttons, sliding buttons and so on, for more complex machine

• 7 posts
    August 9, 2015 9:09 PM CEST

Make the baseplate of the sbrick same level as the Lego connectionplug. It is very hard to put 2 sbricks in the Models without loosing the connectioncable.

Just make to more pinholes on both sides of the sbrick to put them together.

• 340 posts
    June 8, 2015 2:35 PM CEST

[blockquote]jean-christian rey said:

today , i build my first moc with SBRICK ,chance to have a functionnable tablet !

the first thing annoying,the battery emplacement,we need  a new lipo battery ,smaller  than lego batteries

thanks "pere noel"

[/blockquote]

Actually we are working on two battery model designed for the SBrick users. Updates coming in this summer..

• June 7, 2015 2:40 AM CEST

today , i build my first moc with SBRICK ,chance to have a functionnable tablet !

the first thing annoying,the battery emplacement,we need  a new lipo battery ,smaller  than lego batteries

thanks "pere noel"

• 1 posts
    May 4, 2015 10:22 AM CEST
    Rechargeable Battery. I would suggest keeping it simple and following up SBRICK with a decent capacity, compatible battery, which can take advantage of SBRICK's enhanced power handling. Both the high price and severely limited current output makes LEGO's a very compromised product, and a real annoyance of modellers using multiple PF features.
  • March 1, 2015 7:37 AM CET

a brick with different sound recordable

[/blockquote]

Very good idea! Something functional as Soundmodul USM-RC-2 (http://www.beier-electronic.de/modellbau/home/home.php) or like  Tractor Truck Multi-Function Control Unit (http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=56511) for RC scale models.

Also good addon is modern version of parts like: ELECTRIC, SOUND SIREN 9V (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4774c02), ELECTRIC, LIGHT BRICK (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4771) compatible with PF.

Finally LEGO didn't manufacture military models. As you all knew WW2 tanks are very popular novadays  ;-) I suggest a kit for IR tank battles (http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/53447battle_system/battle_system.htm). Some info for reference: http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f99/thread363796.html

This post was edited by Stanislav Perekhoda at March 1, 2015 11:25 AM CET
    • 26 posts
    February 28, 2015 11:01 AM CET

[/blockquote]

Maybe a sound block with 7 different slots.

while Power = -7 => Record Slot 7
    while Power = -1 => Record Slot 1
    if Power = 0 => do nothing
    if/ while Power = 1 => Play Slot 1
    if/ while Power = 7 => Play Slot 7

It would be compatible with the official receiver and the sBrick.

This post was edited by Technicmaster0 . at February 28, 2015 11:01 AM CET
  • February 28, 2015 2:11 AM CET