Forums » Support

Back To Topics

"B" port not working

• 1 posts
    January 3, 2018 3:17 PM CET

You don't answer to my mail, your last answer was on 21 november. I have the same problem as describe here.

On my Sbrick with hardware version 4 :
    - One SBrick update in 4.20 where all port work
    - Two SBrick update in 4.20 where A port doesn't work on both. When go foward, nothing, when go backward led is lighting

I'm one android app v4.4 update 3, last available.
    Hardware : 4
    Firmware : 20

All of my SBrick in hardware 5 work well.
    These two 4.20 SBrick worked well 5 month ago.

Please give me a solution, I need these SBrick.

• 310 posts
    November 27, 2016 12:21 PM CET

[blockquote]Steve Roberts said:

Thanks everyone - I updated firmware to 17, so now I'm running 5.17 but the B port STILL does not work.  A, C , D work as expected.

Help!

[/blockquote]

Please contact us on info@sbrick.com 

Have a nice day,

Balint

• 2 posts
    November 26, 2016 10:27 PM CET

Thanks everyone - I updated firmware to 17, so now I'm running 5.17 but the B port STILL does not work.  A, C , D work as expected.

Help!

• 310 posts
    November 25, 2016 1:03 PM CET

[blockquote]Jan Schultz said:

Hi Steve,

I had a similar problem as you. I bought my SBricks in the spring of 2016, if you did as well we may have the same "Hardware Version".

The SBricks i have were originally loaded with Firmware Version 1, for Hardware Version 5, which is why i believe i have Hardware Version 5.

I updated one of the bricks using the SBrick app, which had the same effect You are describing, one of the ports stopped working ...

I just partially fixed it tonight By using the SBrick Simple Control from Google Play (I learned about this app from this thread: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/351/downgrading-sbrick-firmware/view/post_id/4433).

I used the "FORCED firmware update" which allowed me to chose version 5.17 (which i guess is Hardware Version 5, Firmware Version 17).

I cannot connect via the SBrick app, but i CAN control the ports using the SBrick Simple Control and control all four ports.

[/blockquote]

Hello Jan, 

Please find my answer in the  "Unable to connect with SBrick app after firmware update" topic. 

Have a nice day, 

Balint

• 4 posts
    November 24, 2016 6:34 PM CET

Hi Steve,

I had a similar problem as you. I bought my SBricks in the spring of 2016, if you did as well we may have the same "Hardware Version".

The SBricks i have were originally loaded with Firmware Version 1, for Hardware Version 5, which is why i believe i have Hardware Version 5.

I updated one of the bricks using the SBrick app, which had the same effect You are describing, one of the ports stopped working ...

I just partially fixed it tonight By using the SBrick Simple Control from Google Play (I learned about this app from this thread: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/351/downgrading-sbrick-firmware/view/post_id/4433).

I used the "FORCED firmware update" which allowed me to chose version 5.17 (which i guess is Hardware Version 5, Firmware Version 17).

I cannot connect via the SBrick app, but i CAN control the ports using the SBrick Simple Control and control all four ports.

• 310 posts
    November 22, 2016 11:48 PM CET

[blockquote]Steve Roberts said:

Hi all - I have an SBrick with Firmware v12 and the "B" port doesn't work - at all.  A, C and D are fine.  Is this a case of something burnt out, or is there a diagnostic I can run?

Thank you

Steve

[/blockquote]

Hello Steve, 

I advise you to update your firmware to the newest. It is 17. 

Please check with that fw version the chanels. If it won't work after the update, please contact us on info@sbrick.com

If you need any further help just contact us again. :)

Have a nice day, 

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    November 22, 2016 6:15 PM CET

Hi all - I have an SBrick with Firmware v12 and the "B" port doesn't work - at all.  A, C and D are fine.  Is this a case of something burnt out, or is there a diagnostic I can run?

Thank you

Steve