Forums » Support

Back To Topics

ON/OFF Trick Doesn't Work Any More

• 4 posts
    December 16, 2016 10:09 PM CET

Hi Brian,

Have you tried renaming the channels in Profile Designer?

When you use the app to configure the controls you're allocating channels rather than individual controls to each port. You can only have four individual channels per SBrick (one per port), but you can allocate as many individual controls to the same channel as you like in Profile Designer.

If you give each control a name, such as "Forward" and "Reverse", you can give each control the same channel name, such as "Throttle". Then when you come to configure the app you will see only the channel name "Throttle" which you can allocate to the relevant port. I've done the same thing recently with a model that required two steering controls and it works perfectly.

Hope this helps, and sorry if I've misunderstood the problem and given the wrong solution.

Andy

• 310 posts
    December 16, 2016 4:13 PM CET

[blockquote]Brian Adams said:

I thought I had this problem cracked yonks ago!

I want two buttons to control the same motor - one on/off forward and one on/off reverse. 'Easy' you say, just set them up on Profile Designer with one at "+1" and the other at  "-1" output. Not any more.

When I try to configure the SBrick on my iphone, it wont allow me to asign the same port twice. I tried using the same name (as previously advised) whereupon it just gave me 'not allowed' warnings, and also with different names whereupon it deleted the assignation every time I tried to assign the port to the second name. I set it up no problem before with a previous profile (now deleted) but now I cant repeat it. I hope some software update has not killed off this trick.

How is it done?

[/blockquote]

Hello Brian, 

Thank you for the report, i ask after this problem. 

Soon we will get back to you! 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 18 posts
    December 15, 2016 8:42 PM CET

I thought I had this problem cracked yonks ago!

I want two buttons to control the same motor - one on/off forward and one on/off reverse. 'Easy' you say, just set them up on Profile Designer with one at "+1" and the other at  "-1" output. Not any more.

When I try to configure the SBrick on my iphone, it wont allow me to asign the same port twice. I tried using the same name (as previously advised) whereupon it just gave me 'not allowed' warnings, and also with different names whereupon it deleted the assignation every time I tried to assign the port to the second name. I set it up no problem before with a previous profile (now deleted) but now I cant repeat it. I hope some software update has not killed off this trick.

How is it done?