Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Technical questions

• 1 posts
    April 27, 2016 1:50 PM CEST

Upload according to the size requirements and format, display upload success, but the gallery can not find the uploaded pictures

• 3 posts
    April 26, 2016 1:24 AM CEST

Thanks for looking into that profile. I did use the s-brick for a few minutes to run a train and discovered another less then desirable a feature that caused me to just use the Lego PF IR controller for the rest of the weekend. The annoying thing was that the train would stop as soon as the phone would go to screen lock feature from a short period of not receiving inputs. I want to be able to get my trains running and then stick my phone in my pocket and have the train keep running while the phone "goes to sleep". Is this possible? It's not convenient to have to constantly wake up the phone up to keep the train moving.  

Thanks, Scott

• 310 posts
    April 23, 2016 1:20 PM CEST

[blockquote]Scott Roys said:

I've got v1.6 so I do not think that is the problem. The problem is that I think I should be able to assign more then one function to each port. Right now, I can assign Port "C" (for example) to only "Drive" and not "Drive, "stop", and "coast" like I think I should be able to.

I have not educated myself to creating my own control panel but maybe I could figure it out that way. 

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

We are fixing this profile as soon as possible. We ask for some patience. :) 

Regards, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at April 23, 2016 1:21 PM CEST
    • 3 posts
    April 20, 2016 1:09 AM CEST

I've got v1.6 so I do not think that is the problem. The problem is that I think I should be able to assign more then one function to each port. Right now, I can assign Port "C" (for example) to only "Drive" and not "Drive, "stop", and "coast" like I think I should be able to.

I have not educated myself to creating my own control panel but maybe I could figure it out that way. 

• April 20, 2016 12:52 AM CEST

[blockquote]Scott Roys said:

Sorry for the repeat but I got no reply posting this in it's own thread.

I've got an s-brick in my Horizon Express train and am using the publical available Horizon Express profile to run it. I've got 2 lego train motors that are hooked up to ports "C" and "D" with "D" inverted. The ports are assigned to the "Drive" slider and which works very well. The control panel also has two additional buttons on it which are "coast" and "stop". I would like each motor to be able to do all three funtions but I havent been able to figure out how. Right now the only sure way to stop is to exit out of the control panel as it is dificult to get the drive slider exactly centered so that it is truely off. Is this possible?

Thanks, Scott 

[/blockquote]

Version 1.5 of the Horizon Express profile was messed up by Profile Designer (the infamous 'rename interface element' bug), but there is a new version 1.6 that should work, I think.

• 3 posts
    April 19, 2016 11:25 PM CEST

Sorry for the repeat but I got no reply posting this in it's own thread.

I've got an s-brick in my Horizon Express train and am using the publical available Horizon Express profile to run it. I've got 2 lego train motors that are hooked up to ports "C" and "D" with "D" inverted. The ports are assigned to the "Drive" slider and which works very well. The control panel also has two additional buttons on it which are "coast" and "stop". I would like each motor to be able to do all three funtions but I havent been able to figure out how. Right now the only sure way to stop is to exit out of the control panel as it is dificult to get the drive slider exactly centered so that it is truely off. Is this possible?

Thanks, Scott 

• 87 posts
    February 18, 2016 1:23 AM CET

Hi. It's safe to use 9V with the SBrick. I've used LEGO old 9V batteries cases (both 1xPP3 type and 6xAA type), just need to use a PF cable as an adapter because old 9V plug is not compatible with SBrick PF-type plug.

If you're going to control just a M-motor, a PP3 battery works but doesn't last long, 6xAA is better.

• February 18, 2016 1:16 AM CET

Is there any chance that running an SBrick with a 9v battery might cause it to short out or cause thermal shut down? I've been poking around the forum a bit to see if I can find an answer. I'm less worried about the voltage because it seems like a 9v battery is well within the operating peramaters of the SBrick. I guess my question is; is it likely that using a 9v battery to power the Sbrick and a Power Functions M-motor would cause enough resistance to bring the peak amps up to around or above 3amps to cause damage to the SBrick or motor ICs?

• 164 posts
    February 1, 2016 12:31 PM CET

[blockquote]lars bosman said:

Hi

If I'm going to SBricks on my SBrick app it says: "The platform/hardware doesn't support..." What does it mean and what can I do to connect to my SBrick??

[/blockquote]

What kind of device do you have? 

• 1 posts
    January 30, 2016 8:54 AM CET

Hi

If I'm going to SBricks on my SBrick app it says: "The platform/hardware doesn't support..." What does it mean and what can I do to connect to my SBrick??

• 164 posts
    November 16, 2015 5:28 PM CET

Hi Nick,

It's a know bug in the iOS apllication, but our developers already fixed it. ;) The new fixed application will be available in the Appstore soon.

You can use your own background in the Profile Designer. Just choose a background, edit it with paint or photoshop as you want and uplodat it ;)

• 10 posts
    November 14, 2015 6:42 PM CET
    How about taking pictures in the ios app somewhere i can't connect to my photoalbum or camera on the ipad mini is it a wrong setting or is it somewhere in the app i can't really find the problem and it would be nice to have the original pictures by the original models
    And in the profile designer are some possibilitys to add some skins ass arrows,hook and lightbulb or flashing lightbulb to put next to your sliders and joysticks like the one for the 42009 crane
    At the moment i run a rebuild 42042 and its stil under construction id really would like it that i can put the right simbolics next to the determined slider,switch or joystick specially with a lot more functions it would be handy grtz nick
    • 340 posts
    October 19, 2015 3:38 PM CEST

[blockquote]Henrik Therkildsen said:

How many XL motors would it be possible to connect to a single sbrick?
    hHve 4 XL morotr that I would like to control at the same time. Would I need one or two sbricks for that?

[/blockquote]

You can use one SBrick for that, but the current limit of the LEGO power source may degrade the power of the motors. Alternatively you can use custom LiPo or you can hack the battery box..

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74919

• October 19, 2015 3:23 PM CEST

How many XL motors would it be possible to connect to a single sbrick?
    hHve 4 XL morotr that I would like to control at the same time. Would I need one or two sbricks for that?

• September 10, 2015 10:43 AM CEST
    Hi, You can use LIPO 11.1V! It's powerful and light. Perfect balance :)
    • 2 posts
    September 10, 2015 10:05 AM CEST

Thanks!

• 99 posts
    September 10, 2015 9:54 AM CEST

You can use both, Matt. There are Pros & Cons:

- Disposable batteries (1,5V each) deliver 9V but are heavier than LiPo batteries

- Rechargeable batteries in a standard BB are usually 1,2V types. They are as heavy as disposable batteries but, by definition, can be charged again and again.

- Rechargeable LiPo battery boxes deliver 7,4V and are lighter. They are rather expensive, so it's a personal choice regarding your budget !

In terms of power for an RC Car: the current draw of a given motor doesn't really change: for example, the 5292 RC Buggy motor draws around 1,4A, no matter what the voltage is.

The power is equal to the voltage multiplied by the amperage, so if you choose 7,4V instead of 9,0V, the electric power - hence the mechanic power - is of course lower by 18%. You will save something like 30g, but that's nothing in the global weight of a Lego Technic RC Car. And the power/weight ratio is critical for a car...

How this will help :)

Marc

This post was edited by Marc Jaouen at September 10, 2015 9:58 AM CEST
    • 2 posts
    September 9, 2015 3:04 PM CEST

Hi everybody, I've just purchased a Sbrick! ;) 
    I'm happy to support you in these wonderful project.

A question: I am working on a buggy and I want to know which battery pack is better to use with Sbrick. There is no difference? 9V or 7,5V?

Thanks!

Matt

• 2 posts
    August 10, 2015 5:07 PM CEST
    I have solved the problem by myself.
    I have used the password from this forum and this is different to the one sbrick send me after my registration for bying some hardware.
    I thought the "social login" would base on this social forum...
    But now it is working and I cannot wait to receive my two sbricks!
    • 164 posts
    August 10, 2015 11:37 AM CEST

Hi Gordon, 

Please contact us at: info@sbrick.com and tell us your registered e-mail address. We will check your problem asap. 

• 2 posts
    August 9, 2015 7:08 AM CEST

Hi,

I am new here and I hope this is the correct topic...

I hve bought 2 sbrick (which has not yet arrived) and I wanted to "test" the iOS App in advance with my iPhone 6.

The problem is I cannot login to the social network? I have tried to use the same login l am using for this site and I think this is correct.

Any advises for me?

• 3 posts
    August 3, 2015 6:48 PM CEST
    Ok. I found it. Thanks
    • 164 posts
    August 3, 2015 6:23 PM CEST

It is work for me, but nevermind.

You need this cable:
    "Converter Cables for LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT"
    Lego Item number: 8528

• 3 posts
    August 3, 2015 6:17 PM CEST