Forums » Support

Back To Topics

Technical questions

• 12 posts
    December 29, 2014 11:32 PM CET

Here a example of my old 9V batterybox connected to my Lego I.R.-Receiver with a homemade adapter.

Tomorrow I will test it with my SBrick.

http://youtu.be/uLvA5FpJ6u4?list=UUuqYtEMR4GaUtcaPQjZHhSw

• 12 posts
    December 29, 2014 11:28 PM CET

[blockquote]László Parádi said:

Thank you! :)

I looked at the extension cable with multimeter, and it links +9V and 0V of the old style 9V battery box to C1 and C2. Is it possible to use cable like this to give power to the sbrick or I have to cut it and solder the right wires to the battery connector?

Maybe if I shortcut e.g. C1 to +9V and C2 to 0V I can resolve the problem without knife and save the cable. :)

[/blockquote]

http://youtu.be/IpCr4BLXVMo

• 4 posts
    December 29, 2014 11:11 PM CET

[blockquote]Nick Matthews said:

With both Android stock browser and Chrome Mobile scrolling doesn't work properly on the mobile site.

[/blockquote]

Yup, the site is almost completely unusable on Android...

• 10 posts
    December 27, 2014 8:22 PM CET

With both Android stock browser and Chrome Mobile scrolling doesn't work properly on the mobile site.

• 87 posts
    December 26, 2014 11:13 PM CET

OK, my SBrick is inside my nativity scene so it have to wait a few days til I can use it but I can confir it uses 0 and 9V pins from the light grey plug.

I have used the SBrick with one of these PP3-to-PF adapters (http://custombattery.blogspot.pt/):

I checked with my multimeter, the PP3 + and - are connected to 0 and 9V pins of the PF plug.

• 87 posts
    December 26, 2014 11:02 PM CET

The SBrick is powered by the top part of the PF connectors (either dark grey or light grey), it fits over it. I cannot confirm right now but Iam pretty sure it uses 0 and 9V, not C1 and C2. If you want to save the cable, you can plug the SBrick over the light grey plug and then over again a 9V (cutted) cable or an 9V electric plate and use some aligators.

• December 26, 2014 8:35 PM CET

Thank you! :)

I looked at the extension cable with multimeter, and it links +9V and 0V of the old style 9V battery box to C1 and C2. Is it possible to use cable like this to give power to the sbrick or I have to cut it and solder the right wires to the battery connector?

Maybe if I shortcut e.g. C1 to +9V and C2 to 0V I can resolve the problem without knife and save the cable. :)

This post was edited by László Parádi at December 26, 2014 9:26 PM CET
    • 87 posts
    December 26, 2014 8:01 PM CET

Philo PF Cable pinout

• December 25, 2014 1:19 AM CET
    Hi.... I just got my sbrick today. But
    the green led light on the sbrick is only flashing sometimes when I turn it on . Then my phone(samsung galaxy s3) can connect to the sbrick a few seconds and loses the connection again...
    My LEGO cable is new and there is new battery's in the batterybox.. Is there anything wrong with my sbrick or is it only bugs and so.... kind regards....
    • 8 posts
    December 23, 2014 2:00 PM CET

[blockquote]Lénárd Pásztor said:

Yes, it is ok with the your firmware version, so the SBrick boots up. I'll ask the developers how can I debug it remotely. We tested with iPod Touch and not faced this problem.

I'll come back you soon.

[/blockquote]

Now it suddenly works. Will continue to monitor. I tried with horizon express and had the same issue as Jakob (https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/51/port-test-100-turn-off).

• 340 posts
    December 23, 2014 1:51 PM CET

Yes, it is ok with the your firmware version, so the SBrick boots up. I'll ask the developers how can I debug it remotely. We tested with iPod Touch and not faced this problem.

I'll come back you soon.

• 8 posts
    December 23, 2014 1:46 PM CET

[blockquote]Lénárd Pásztor said:

Strange. Please try restart your iPod Touch, and try again. I think it will be a problem in the iOS bluetooth stack. Please tell the results.

[/blockquote]

no change. I also updated to 8.1.2 and restarted.

is that normal that the green LED only flashes up once after turning power on?

update: ok, now I have a connection. Strange. But seem to work now.

This post was edited by Jerome Egli at December 23, 2014 1:51 PM CET
    • 340 posts
    December 23, 2014 1:40 PM CET

Strange. Please try restart your iPod Touch, and try again. I think it will be a problem in the iOS bluetooth stack. Please tell the results.

• 8 posts
    December 23, 2014 1:36 PM CET

Hi all

How can I connect to SBrick?

I just received 2 SBrick but I can't connect to any. I used an iPod Touch with Bluetooth 4.0 and iOS 8.1.

When I connect SBrick to a power source and turn on the power I can see flashing a green LED once and shortly on the SBrick.

In the SBrick app under manage bricks i can see three times "SBrick" (but I have only two). If I try "Identify led" or port tester, nothing happens (connecting to bricks > lost connection).

What can I do?

Regards, Jerome

• 178 posts
    December 8, 2014 2:13 PM CET

Oh, I see.

The BlueGiga company manufactures a number of devices. Their main profile are electronic modules that can be used by electronic developers.

They indeed have a dongle called "BLED112" which plugs into the USB port. This dongle can "speak" BLE, and looks like and USD serial port device from within the computer.

This however won't solve any problem by itself, since it's a development tool, and it's not really for end users.

( ( ( Curious fact: we use BlueGiga's BLE113 module inside SBrick ;) ) ) )

• 17 posts
    December 8, 2014 1:33 PM CET

Currently WeDo needs a cumbersome wire connection to the PC. I thought I read somewhere Bluegiga plugs into the USB port for wireless connection? I don't know much about SBrick yet but perhaps if SBrick already can connect wirelessly via Bluetooth such stuff not necessary?

Apologies if I sound ignorant.

• 178 posts
    December 8, 2014 11:45 AM CET

Hello Peter,

no, SBrick doesn't support WeDo, and the current hardware is not suitable for this task.

Why did you mention BlueGiga? I don't undarstand your last question, can you rephrase it? Thank you!

• 17 posts
    December 7, 2014 8:55 AM CET
    • 17 posts
    December 7, 2014 8:35 AM CET

I posted a new thread in the Support forum but perhaps that should have been posted here instead?

https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/43/lego-we-do-robotic-set-for-younger-children

The Lego WeDo uses the Lego Power Function motor and a wired USB connection to the desktop loaded with Lego WeDo software or the MIT Scratch software. The WeDo hub need to be connected to the computer with a wire to the computer USB hub.

Will Sbrick work with Lego WeDo? Anyone working on this or anyone have any information on how this may be achieved?

This post was edited by PETER CHEN at December 7, 2014 9:00 AM CET
    • 178 posts
    December 1, 2014 4:39 PM CET

All profiles can (shold be able to) do that.

You can add more than one SBrick to a model, and assign function to any number of channel on any brick.

• 5 posts
    December 1, 2014 4:36 PM CET
    Are there any profiles that allow me to control two SBricks from the same device.
    • 178 posts
    October 30, 2014 11:13 PM CET

Thank you Jorge, it does look promising, despite that problem.

I've managed to get my hands on a "proper" BLE dongle that works with bluez. I can do tests with my desktop AND my RPi too.

• 87 posts
    October 30, 2014 10:12 PM CET

[blockquote]Jorge Pereira said:

Tested it at last, it works on Ubuntu:

._writeCmd("wr 0x0025 010200FF")

I'll give more details later.

[/blockquote]

Argh! Forget it!

I can send ONE command, just that. So motor keeps spinning for a second, no response to BREAK or COAST.

Have to investigate more.

• 87 posts
    October 30, 2014 7:41 PM CET

[blockquote]Tamás Fábián said:

This looks promising: https://github.com/IanHarvey/bluepy

Can you test it please? Unfortunately I don't have any linux running BLE device with python right now (workgin on it ;) ).

[/blockquote]

Tested it at last, it works on Ubuntu:

._writeCmd("wr 0x0025 010200FF")

I'll give more details later.