April 4, 2016 6:50 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jakob Peterhänsel said:

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

[blockquote]Jorge Pereira said:

Hi!

I have two sugestions for extra features on the controles:

- turn off the motor at zero

- quick turn off

My castle Gate House has 3 slides (liftbridge, portcullis and bells). When I bring the slide to zero, the motor stops but it keeps "humming". For a crane that's good (it breaks/holds position) but I would prefer an option to choose between break and stop.

During PLUG exhibition sometimes people passed between me and the Castle while controlling the liftbridge or the portcullis and I felt the need for a quick turn-off to release all tension. Releasing the slides is not enough (with auto-reset and the above suggestion would be enough but without auto-reset motors just keep running).

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Place a simple button on your profile. Set the same Chanel name to the button and the slider as well. Give a 0 output value for the button.

It will immediately stop the motor, and the slider jump to the zero point, and it won't "humming". :) 

I hope, i could helped to you. 

Best wishes, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

[/blockquote]

Ok, sad (and bad) decision. How many broken Profiles do we need to see on the Public Market before you change your mind?!?
    There is already one!

And, could you please come up with just ONE place where it's useful that the two fields are programatically changed AFTER the user has defined it's value?!? I'm really, really curious .. 

[/blockquote]

Dear Jakob, 

What do you mean, under "broken profiles"? What is the problem with the public profiles? 

We ask you to share these with us. 

If there is something wrong, we will fix it. 

Regards, 

Balint

• April 1, 2016 1:12 PM CEST

Hi!

- quick turn off

My castle Gate House has 3 slides (liftbridge, portcullis and bells). When I bring the slide to zero, the motor stops but it keeps "humming". For a crane that's good (it breaks/holds position) but I would prefer an option to choose between break and stop.

During PLUG exhibition sometimes people passed between me and the Castle while controlling the liftbridge or the portcullis and I felt the need for a quick turn-off to release all tension. Releasing the slides is not enough (with auto-reset and the above suggestion would be enough but without auto-reset motors just keep running).

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Place a simple button on your profile. Set the same Chanel name to the button and the slider as well. Give a 0 output value for the button.

It will immediately stop the motor, and the slider jump to the zero point, and it won't "humming". :) 

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote]

Ok, sad (and bad) decision. How many broken Profiles do we need to see on the Public Market before you change your mind?!?
    There is already one!

And, could you please come up with just ONE place where it's useful that the two fields are programatically changed AFTER the user has defined it's value?!? I'm really, really curious .. 

• 310 posts
    April 1, 2016 1:01 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jakob Peterhänsel said:

Hello, 

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote]

Hi,

That is simply not working - at least on iOS with latest App and profiles updated.

Besides that: It is SOOOOoooooo annoying that the Element NAME updates the Channel Name!!! Why do I need TWO things with the same name?!?
    Name = Label of the element, for the designer
    Channel = the API usage of the control.

Why are they sync'ed up (and messed with)?!?
    (Send that developer back to Microsoft... ;- ) 

[/blockquote]

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions. The Chanel name problem won't change in the future, because we think it could be useful in some cases.
    Other users didn't signal that it is annoy them. :( 

Regards, 

• 310 posts
    March 31, 2016 3:20 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jez Clark said:

One MAJOR issue for me:

I cannot assign a channel to control the direction of the motor (normal or reversed). That's a step backwards from the IR system! I'd like to be able to set a button to reverse the direction of a motor (but not affect the motors speed or anything - just literally reverse the commands being sent to it from e.g. a slider). I guess this goes hand in hand with the first point in my last post.

At the moment, assigning two controls to one channel seems to work on a "Last touched takes precedence" basis, and controls on the same channel do not update each other (or so it seems on Android).

A way of switching to something like this would be incredible useful for e.g. crab steering:

Channel.Value = Max(Min((Control1.Value * Control2.Value), 1), -1)

Or skid steering:

Channel.Value = Max(Min((Control1.Value - Control2.Value), 1), -1) for one side,

Channel.Value = Max(Min((Control1.Value + Control2.Value), 1), -1) for the other.

Even better would be some code-behind that is made simple via a Flowstone/Synthmaker-esque GUI:

+1 for having a text/label control as well

+1 for being able to assign one control to multiple channels

[/blockquote]

Hello! 

I forward it to our developers, they look into it. Thank you for the suggestions. :) 

Regards, 

• 5 posts
    March 30, 2016 12:22 PM CEST

Oh and +1 for a 3-position switch (-1, 0, 1)...or maybe just an option on the slider that clips it to centre, max or min...that would work just as well.

This post was edited by Jez Clark at March 30, 2016 12:24 PM CEST
    • 5 posts
    March 30, 2016 12:12 PM CEST

One more suggestion: Logarithmic option for controls, so that e.g. a slider is less sensitive near the centre.

• 3 posts
    March 30, 2016 11:30 AM CEST

The problem is that the function is no longer working.... it used to before but now it doesn't - it just moves the slot to the other control... i want to have one channel on Sbrick for multiple sliders....

This post was edited by Tomáš Kondr at March 30, 2016 11:30 AM CEST
    • 5 posts
    March 30, 2016 3:06 AM CEST

One MAJOR issue for me:

I cannot assign a channel to control the direction of the motor (normal or reversed). That's a step backwards from the IR system! I'd like to be able to set a button to reverse the direction of a motor (but not affect the motors speed or anything - just literally reverse the commands being sent to it from e.g. a slider). I guess this goes hand in hand with the first point in my last post.

At the moment, assigning two controls to one channel seems to work on a "Last touched takes precedence" basis, and controls on the same channel do not update each other (or so it seems on Android).

A way of switching to something like this would be incredible useful for e.g. crab steering:

Channel.Value = Max(Min((Control1.Value * Control2.Value), 1), -1)

Or skid steering:

Channel.Value = Max(Min((Control1.Value - Control2.Value), 1), -1) for one side,

Channel.Value = Max(Min((Control1.Value + Control2.Value), 1), -1) for the other.

Even better would be some code-behind that is made simple via a Flowstone/Synthmaker-esque GUI:

+1 for having a text/label control as well

+1 for being able to assign one control to multiple channels

This post was edited by Jez Clark at March 30, 2016 12:26 PM CEST
  • March 29, 2016 11:59 PM CEST

Hello, 

Best wishes, 

[/blockquote]

Hi,

That is simply not working - at least on iOS with latest App and profiles updated.

Besides that: It is SOOOOoooooo annoying that the Element NAME updates the Channel Name!!! Why do I need TWO things with the same name?!?
    Name = Label of the element, for the designer
    Channel = the API usage of the control.

Why are they sync'ed up (and messed with)?!?
    (Send that developer back to Microsoft... ;- ) 

This post was edited by Jakob Peterhänsel at March 30, 2016 12:14 AM CEST
    • 310 posts
    March 28, 2016 8:39 AM CEST

[blockquote]Tomáš Kondr said: Hello, i'd love to have ability to use each slot of Sbrick multiple times. I had a sweet tank contol with a custom joystick. Unfortunatelly, you can only assign each slot once from now on. Could you please fix that to be same as before? Also it'd be good to have profile designer as phone app[/blockquote]

Hi, 

You can manage this setup, if you set more buttons for one port. You only have to set the same Chanel names for the buttons, and they'll do the same function. 

I hope, i could helped to you. If you have further questions, feel free to ask. :) 

Regards, 

• 3 posts
    March 26, 2016 12:11 PM CET
    Hello, i'd love to have ability to use each slot of Sbrick multiple times. I had a sweet tank contol with a custom joystick. Unfortunatelly, you can only assign each slot once from now on. Could you please fix that to be same as before? Also it'd be good to have profile designer as phone app
    This post was edited by Tomáš Kondr at March 26, 2016 12:18 PM CET
    • 310 posts
    March 24, 2016 3:51 PM CET

[blockquote]Jez Clark said:

caveat: y, SBrick hasn't arrived yet, so I haven't been able to check the app out fully - these ideas may exist already:

1. Ability to 'chain' controls, with mathematical operators in between. For example:

You have a MOC with 4 wheel steering, powered by two servo motors

Each servo is on a separate SBrick channel

You have one slider called SteeringAll that is the main slider for steering your MOC - it controls both servos

BUT, before the signal is sent to the servos, the signal to the rear servo goes through another slider called SteeringRearMultiplier - this multiplies the output of SteeringAll by SteeringRearMultiplier's value; so:

When SteeringAll=1 and SteeringRearMultiplier = 0, you get front wheel steering only (1*0=0 for the rear servo)

When SteeringAll=1 and SteeringRearMultiplier = 1, you get four wheel normal steering (1*1=1 for the rear servo)

When SteeringAll=1 and SteeringRearMultiplier = -1, you get four wheel 'crab' steering (1*-1=-1 for the rear servo)

Or you could have a slider for Throttle and a button for FineThrottle - the button has a max of 0.2, so when pressed, the two multiply together and you get much finer control of the throttle.

Other operators might be AVERAGE, MAX, and MIN - the latter two would be good for temporarily slowing/speeding up a motor before returning it to the exact same speed it was at before.

2. Acceleration Time for controls. E.g. you set Acceleration Time to 1 second; when you press a button with a max of 1, the speed of the motor gradually accelerates from 0 to 1 over the course of 1 second. This would be good for throttle sliders - it prevents shock loading of a drivetrain that could potentially strip teeth off gears. Different acceleration curves (linear, logarithmic etc etc) would be nice but not essential.

3. Curved Sliders that follow the arc of your thumb

4. I saw someone on a forum say that if you are dragging a slider, and your thumb moves out of the bounds of the slider, it resets to zero (if auto reset is on); auto-reset shouldn't happen until that thumb has left the screen; motor should continue to turn even when the thumb leaves the bounds of the slider.

5. Maximum Running Time - when a control's value > 0, a timer starts. When this timer reaches the max running time, the control auto-resets. Useful for e.g. achieving certain degrees of rotation on a turntable, or potentially negating the need for clutch gears because you are limiting the number of rotations that a motor could achieve. Although this may need to factor in the battery voltage because motors will obviously turn slower at lower voltages...

6. I'm sure you're aware of the SBrickController app being developed (apparently independantly from yourselves) for Android that allows you to use a gamepad with SBrick; it would be great to integrate this with your software for more tactile control.

7. Direct control from a PC for advanced programming of motors - including timeline editing (look at how the automation features of recording software/DAWs like ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper etc work for an idea of how this should work)

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Thank you for the suggestions. We are working on some new function. :) 

Regards, 

Balint Mezei 
    SBrick Team 

• 5 posts
    March 23, 2016 2:54 AM CET

caveat: y, SBrick hasn't arrived yet, so I haven't been able to check the app out fully - these ideas may exist already:

1. Ability to 'chain' controls, with mathematical operators in between. For example:

You have a MOC with 4 wheel steering, powered by two servo motors

Each servo is on a separate SBrick channel

You have one slider called SteeringAll that is the main slider for steering your MOC - it controls both servos

BUT, before the signal is sent to the servos, the signal to the rear servo goes through another slider called SteeringRearMultiplier - this multiplies the output of SteeringAll by SteeringRearMultiplier's value; so:

When SteeringAll=1 and SteeringRearMultiplier = 0, you get front wheel steering only (1*0=0 for the rear servo)

When SteeringAll=1 and SteeringRearMultiplier = 1, you get four wheel normal steering (1*1=1 for the rear servo)

When SteeringAll=1 and SteeringRearMultiplier = -1, you get four wheel 'crab' steering (1*-1=-1 for the rear servo)

Or you could have a slider for Throttle and a button for FineThrottle - the button has a max of 0.2, so when pressed, the two multiply together and you get much finer control of the throttle.

Other operators might be AVERAGE, MAX, and MIN - the latter two would be good for temporarily slowing/speeding up a motor before returning it to the exact same speed it was at before.

2. Acceleration Time for controls. E.g. you set Acceleration Time to 1 second; when you press a button with a max of 1, the speed of the motor gradually accelerates from 0 to 1 over the course of 1 second. This would be good for throttle sliders - it prevents shock loading of a drivetrain that could potentially strip teeth off gears. Different acceleration curves (linear, logarithmic etc etc) would be nice but not essential.

3. Curved Sliders that follow the arc of your thumb

4. I saw someone on a forum say that if you are dragging a slider, and your thumb moves out of the bounds of the slider, it resets to zero (if auto reset is on); auto-reset shouldn't happen until that thumb has left the screen; motor should continue to turn even when the thumb leaves the bounds of the slider.

5. Maximum Running Time - when a control's value > 0, a timer starts. When this timer reaches the max running time, the control auto-resets. Useful for e.g. achieving certain degrees of rotation on a turntable, or potentially negating the need for clutch gears because you are limiting the number of rotations that a motor could achieve. Although this may need to factor in the battery voltage because motors will obviously turn slower at lower voltages...

6. I'm sure you're aware of the SBrickController app being developed (apparently independantly from yourselves) for Android that allows you to use a gamepad with SBrick; it would be great to integrate this with your software for more tactile control.

7. Direct control from a PC for advanced programming of motors - including timeline editing (look at how the automation features of recording software/DAWs like ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper etc work for an idea of how this should work)

• 310 posts
    March 17, 2016 6:31 PM CET

[blockquote]Paolo DGZ said: That could appear a way To solve The problem, but the joystick travel on a square area and to rotate it result in having some deadpoints At the angle and so At full forward and backward because is difficult To drive and To remember to keep the finger on the joystick area. That skid steer option maybe isn't mandatory, but after it will better the control experience [/blockquote]

Thank you for the suggestions. :) I forwarded to our developers. 

Regards, 

• 11 posts
    March 16, 2016 2:33 PM CET
    That could appear a way To solve The problem, but the joystick travel on a square area and to rotate it result in having some deadpoints At the angle and so At full forward and backward because is difficult To drive and To remember to keep the finger on the joystick area. That skid steer option maybe isn't mandatory, but after it will better the control experience
    • 310 posts
    March 16, 2016 1:53 PM CET

[blockquote]Paolo DGZ said:

i think that there is an important features to add:

-SKID STEER JOYSTICK

explaining my idea:

one of the most difficult things to do with lego remotes is to control tracks with a joystick.like remote, i think that joysticks in the profile editor should have a setting to "allow skid steer" so they work mixing channel, full up means channel left and right (not called steering and accelerator) full forward; top right means left channel full forward and full right means left channel full forward and right channel full backward

this could be really useful to control tracked veichle with one finger

[/blockquote]

Hi, 

You should rotate with 45 degree the joystick in Profile Designer, and it will be easier to control your creation. 
    Check out Sariel's videos, he uses the same technique. 

Best wishes, 

• 87 posts
    March 16, 2016 1:51 PM CET

Thanks, I'll try it tonight.

• 310 posts
    March 16, 2016 1:45 PM CET

Hi!

- quick turn off

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Best wishes, 

• 11 posts
    March 15, 2016 11:38 PM CET

i think that there is an important features to add:

-SKID STEER JOYSTICK

explaining my idea:

one of the most difficult things to do with lego remotes is to control tracks with a joystick.like remote, i think that joysticks in the profile editor should have a setting to "allow skid steer" so they work mixing channel, full up means channel left and right (not called steering and accelerator) full forward; top right means left channel full forward and full right means left channel full forward and right channel full backward

this could be really useful to control tracked veichle with one finger

• 87 posts
    March 11, 2016 11:46 PM CET

Hi!

- quick turn off

• January 31, 2016 10:19 PM CET

[blockquote]Lénárd Pásztor said:

Hi,

You can link the controls in the app. If you have a slider with CH name x and a button with the shame CH (Channel name) then it will works.

[/blockquote]

Just double checked and result is negative, unfortunatelly. I wish we tlak aboout teh same things, so let me exmplain the sitiation.

Probably it's just my wrong opinion, so please correct me then.

I made a slider with "auto reset = no" setting (to keep the given value) and added button with "auto reset = yes", both with the same name of chanel. Then I did follwing:

1. Moved the slider to ~0.85 position (close to uppper limit) and leaved it. Motor continued to rotate with desired speed. Slider also remained at a given position. Everyting fine so far.

2. Then I pressed and hold for a seconds (just to validate result) the button. Motor rotated with maximum speed and then stopped. Button flased while I keept it pressed and then dimmed. But slider still remained at previuos position despite of thr fact that actual value of this chanells was "0".

I think it's just about the feedback in GUI. Electricl part works amazing.

P.S. Updated Profile Designer is just amazing, bravo for the whole team!

P.P.S. One more suggestion for Profile Designer are possible could impact the SBrick app as well. Battery charge level indicator. Seriously, I see no trouble to have some "bar" (or anyting more usefull) are will show the actulal level since the SBrick can see this information. And benefit is so awersome: you can see the the actual level of charge and/or possible get the notification are warned you about critical level of charge.

This post was edited by Alexandr Lukinov at February 1, 2016 11:38 PM CET
    • 10 posts
    January 23, 2016 11:31 AM CET
    Is it possible to make under the categorie resource something like symbols like the one's used in most of the profiles like arrows,legs in/out, tipper symbol al those kind of stuf so actually ad ons whitout function but easy to implement into the design
    Would be nice for the one's not so handy in the grafic parts
    Kinda drag and drop for example: set the slider for the boom of a crane drag and drop the symbol for the boom next to it done
    I think this one would work out great for a lot of people
    Grtz nick
    • 340 posts
    January 22, 2016 10:47 AM CET

[blockquote]Alexandr Lukinov said:

[blockquote]Jason Waldrip said:

Link channel values. For example, if I have a slider on the drive channel and a stop button on the drive channel that sets the value to zero, the slider should also reset to zero.

[/blockquote]

+1, agreed.

Just configured the profile with set of controls and it was suprise for me that button which I confirgured to =0 didn't reset other contols linked to the same chanel (sliders). It's really should be done, but please make adttional option to skip/ignore it also too.

[/blockquote]

Hi,

You can link the controls in the app. If you have a slider with CH name x and a button with the shame CH (Channel name) then it will works.

• January 22, 2016 1:37 AM CET

[blockquote]Jason Waldrip said:

Link channel values. For example, if I have a slider on the drive channel and a stop button on the drive channel that sets the value to zero, the slider should also reset to zero.

[/blockquote]

+1, agreed.

Just configured the profile with set of controls and it was suprise for me that button which I confirgured to =0 didn't reset other contols linked to the same chanel (sliders). It's really should be done, but please make adttional option to skip/ignore it also too.

• 1 posts
    November 28, 2015 8:08 PM CET