Forums » Suggestions

Back To Topics

Web site home page

• 310 posts
    March 9, 2016 8:23 PM CET

[blockquote]Brian Adams said:

I meant ..... self-publish the 'manual as a Kindle ebook! It costs nothing and is easy to do (so long as the text is set up correctly, that's where the work is).

So far as programming a Kindle is concerned, I've given up on that .... I'll just stick to my iphone.  :-)

Brian

[/blockquote]

Ah, all right. There is a user manual in the box of SBrick. 
    You can also find more information like videos, forum topic on the main page. 

For IOS, here it is, 

iOS applicaiton: http://goo.gl/wy8A0c
    Support topic for iOS app: http://goo.gl/GuaqLn
    Tutorial video for iOS app: https://goo.gl/LkxlGB

This post was edited by Balint Mezei at March 9, 2016 8:24 PM CET
    • 18 posts
    March 9, 2016 4:55 PM CET

I meant ..... self-publish the 'manual as a Kindle ebook! It costs nothing and is easy to do (so long as the text is set up correctly, that's where the work is).

So far as programming a Kindle is concerned, I've given up on that .... I'll just stick to my iphone.  :-)

Brian

• 310 posts
    March 9, 2016 4:10 PM CET

[blockquote]Brian Adams said:

Active involvement by the SBrick design team in these forums is a very good thing - it demonstrates that, even though the brick is clearly still a work-in-progress, the team is listening to its customers and taking ideas on-board. That being the case, I am quite happy to be patient and look forward to the brick's development. 'Its future is bright', as they say.

In the meantime, and so far a 'how-to's are concerned, can I suggest that users/forum members should be encouraged to write down their experiences (I try to make notes of what I am doing and the links I am using as I go along), and they 'publish' them up in a separate 'How-To' section that other users can trawl for ideas and clues? Some blogs will be better than others, but let the reader be the judge of that. They all want to be written in the writer's first language, and the forum would need a good moderator to weed out the duplicates and out-of-date stuff. You can never have too much information - the skill is in skipping past any sections you don't need. Then the SBrick team could pick out the relevent stuff as a basis for a comprehensive on-line manual.

How about self-publishing it on Kindle with a minimal price tag and regular updates? That would also allow prospective buyers a chance to see if the SBrick is for them.

[/blockquote]

Hi!

Thank you for the suggestions. We keep it in our mind. 

We don't support Kindle yet. Maybe in the fututre. 
    We contentrate primarily on android, IOS, and WP, then later gamepads. 

But if you are an expert in Kindle, we are looking for your advises. :) 

Best wishes, 

Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• 18 posts
    March 7, 2016 6:24 PM CET

Active involvement by the SBrick design team in these forums is a very good thing - it demonstrates that, even though the brick is clearly still a work-in-progress, the team is listening to its customers and taking ideas on-board. That being the case, I am quite happy to be patient and look forward to the brick's development. 'Its future is bright', as they say.

In the meantime, and so far a 'how-to's are concerned, can I suggest that users/forum members should be encouraged to write down their experiences (I try to make notes of what I am doing and the links I am using as I go along), and they 'publish' them up in a separate 'How-To' section that other users can trawl for ideas and clues? Some blogs will be better than others, but let the reader be the judge of that. They all want to be written in the writer's first language, and the forum would need a good moderator to weed out the duplicates and out-of-date stuff. You can never have too much information - the skill is in skipping past any sections you don't need. Then the SBrick team could pick out the relevent stuff as a basis for a comprehensive on-line manual.

How about self-publishing it on Kindle with a minimal price tag and regular updates? That would also allow prospective buyers a chance to see if the SBrick is for them.

• 310 posts
    March 7, 2016 4:00 PM CET

Thank you for the suggestions. :) 

We are working on our new socail site and webshop. 
    As soon as it is finished, a lot of things will be easier. 

We hope you will be satisfied. 

Thanks for the patience. 

Best regards, 
    Balint Mezei - SBrick Team 

• 18 posts
    March 7, 2016 11:29 AM CET

Hear, hear, Jeremy!

I thought it was just me being new to SBrick (I too am no internet beginner - my first computer was a ZX81). Most of what I have gleaned about what the SBrick can do has come from YouTube!

• 6 posts
    January 17, 2016 1:11 AM CET

Just trying to help with your web presence...

Even though I've been to your site several times, have ordered twice, and love my SBricks, I still find the site very hard to navigate. That can't be good for either sales or support.

For example, when I went to www.sbrick.com just now, the only way to see any real product info beyond what little can be gleaned from the home page was to click a "Buy Now" button at upper right. Fact is, many potential customers are going to want to know a lot more about your product before clicking a "Buy Now" button -- especially since the home page doesn't even make clear exactly what you're selling.

IMO, the home page should have conspicuous links to all of the site's main features -- including the videos, albums, events, store, and most of all, a page of detailed product info explaining, among other things, exactly what an SBrick does that other LEGO RC systems don't.

As things stand, however, the home page is more like a painted wall with no windows and doors. Since clicking on most of the home page features (photos, panels, etc.) does nothing, it's not even clear that there's anything behind the wall.

Please note that these aren't the observations of a internet newbie. I've been using the internet for as long as it's been around and have developed several of my own sites. If I'm having trouble, you can bet that others are as well.

Jeremy

XX

This post was edited by Jeremy McCreary at January 17, 2016 1:16 AM CET