Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick iOS App

• 2 posts
    February 11, 2015 7:21 PM CET

I have exactly the same problem than Tobias Fuchs and Eric Albrecht. There are currently no profile to choose from the Market or those who should appear by default (joystick, etc) after reinstall the app.

I tried on iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.3) and iPhone 5s(iOS 8.1.2) and SBrick 3.2

It's very sad because I just received my SBrick yesterday.

Luis 

• 340 posts
    February 11, 2015 7:07 PM CET

[blockquote]Peter Subert said:

Hi Philip,

Where did you manage to download the App v3.6 from? I have been told that it is not released yet and I am still waiting for the approval (I have filled out a form for that) to have access to it. The US app store still has only the v3.2.

Thanks,

Peter

[/blockquote]

The new version is under Apple review. It should be available within 24 hours.

• 340 posts
    February 11, 2015 7:06 PM CET

[blockquote]Tobias Fuchs said:

Don't have any Profiles in the Market to download, just an empty page. Tried reinstalling and it didn't help. Can't find my own profiles either.

iPad mini 2 WiFi, SBrick 3.2 (6.1.2015)

[/blockquote]

Please register for SBrick app v3.6 here: http://goo.gl/ImU9NA

• 36 posts
    February 11, 2015 6:40 PM CET

Hi Philip,

Where did you manage to download the App v3.6 from? I have been told that it is not released yet and I am still waiting for the approval (I have filled out a form for that) to have access to it. The US app store still has only the v3.2.

Thanks,

Peter

• 36 posts
    February 11, 2015 6:38 PM CET

[blockquote]Philip Dreffkorn said:

Tested SBrick App 3.6 on iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.3:
    -app crashes at Login, after restart I seem to be logged in
    -I downloaded my profile from the market (there are now 4 profiles available: gamepad II, joystick & sliders, gamepad with buttons and my profile: Unimog U400; each in personal and public area)
    -when I try to add my profile to the moc the app crashes
    -the other profiles can be added to the moc

I tried it again with a new profile:
    -this time I could add the profile and use it for steering
    -inverting channels doesn't work
    -there is no way to delete a profile or even reload an updated profile, I always have to delete and reinstall the whole app

[/blockquote]

• February 11, 2015 5:34 PM CET

Don't have any Profiles in the Market to download, just an empty page. Tried reinstalling and it didn't help. Can't find my own profiles either.

iPad mini 2 WiFi, SBrick 3.2 (6.1.2015)

• 4 posts
    February 10, 2015 8:32 PM CET

Just tested the 3.6 app.

I can't inverse motors on iphone 6 (1.8.3) (not mine, hehe), but i can login, everythink else seems good.

• 4 posts
    February 10, 2015 8:23 PM CET

Thanks for the Tip, but that doesnt work if you wanna use the Joystick ;) 

• 11 posts
    February 10, 2015 4:17 PM CET
    Until the inverting-bug is fixed you can solve the problem by changing the sliders. Just go to the settings of a slider in the profile designer and change the parameters min and max from -1 and 1 to 1 and -1.
    This post was edited by Philip Dreffkorn at February 10, 2015 4:22 PM CET
    • 4 posts
    February 10, 2015 4:08 PM CET

I cant inverse my Motors in the App 3.6 Version. Using Iphone 6 with latest iOS. All in all, the Steering is inverse now and really confusing while using my Trial Truck... .^^ Please fix that. Thx.

• 3 posts
    February 10, 2015 3:55 AM CET

The more I try to fix it, the worse it gets.  3rd gen iPad, iOS 8.1.3.  When I first installed I could update firmware, visit the marketplace, apply profiles, but I could not change the picture for a model and any attempt to actually use a model just showed a blank background with no controls.  Port tester works.  Now deleted app, rebooted device, and reinstalled.  Now there are NO profiles (not even joystick or gamepad) and marketplace is completely empty.  Therefore I can't do anything at all.

Eric

• 21 posts
    February 9, 2015 10:02 PM CET

Tested SBRICK 3.6 on ipad mini (iOS 8.1.2)

• app crashes on log-in but after re-start of app I am logged in.

• cannot add background image. Menu offers me Camera or Photo library, but neither actually take me to Camera or Photo library!

• successfully uploaded own profile (hurrah!). Which worked (double hurrah!!)

More feedback to follow.

Thanks so far.

Conor

• 2 posts
    February 9, 2015 7:52 PM CET

Tested SBrick App 3.6 on iPhone 5C (iOS 8.1.3)

-SBrick crashes at Login. I restart my iphone, it's OK.

-application crash when I add a new official LEGO set. It work when i add MOC.

-my Private Profiles works, but public profiles will crash the app.

For the Profile Designer :

-not delete a profile

-how to create a beautiful interface as the presentation Kickstarter "7939, 60052 Cargo Trains and SBrick" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU82tOBT1Jk

-missing items such as headlights, turn signals, emergency stop ...

• 11 posts
    February 9, 2015 12:26 PM CET

Tested SBrick App 3.6 on iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.3:
    -app crashes at Login, after restart I seem to be logged in
    -I downloaded my profile from the market (there are now 4 profiles available: gamepad II, joystick & sliders, gamepad with buttons and my profile: Unimog U400; each in personal and public area)
    -when I try to add my profile to the moc the app crashes
    -the other profiles can be added to the moc

I tried it again with a new profile:
    -this time I could add the profile and use it for steering
    -inverting channels doesn't work
    -there is no way to delete a profile or even reload an updated profile, I always have to delete and reinstall the whole app

This post was edited by Philip Dreffkorn at February 9, 2015 3:51 PM CET
    • 28 posts
    February 9, 2015 11:31 AM CET

I've just tried in the latest beta build 3.6(158), and had the same issue again.

But then changed my password to remove an '&' and it was then accepted, though the app now crashes, but when you reload, you are actually logged in.

I'm just compiling my feedback to the team with other issues.

PS. 2 bricks ordered, and awaiting delivery, but assume my issues are not 'lack of bricks' related.

• 5 posts
    February 9, 2015 11:01 AM CET

[blockquote]Kalvis Rautseps said:

When I click ≡ button there is a big reg button "LOGIN" when I write password and e-mail corectly it throws me out of the app.

Any one else has this same think?

[/blockquote]

I have the same problem....

(iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.1.3)

This post was edited by Beat Germann at February 9, 2015 11:02 AM CET
    • 28 posts
    February 6, 2015 9:34 PM CET

[blockquote]Kalvis Rautseps said:

When I click ≡ button there is a big reg button "LOGIN" when I write password and e-mail corectly it throws me out of the app.

[/blockquote]

Mine always says invalid email/password, so not sure what you are supposed to do, to login?

• 4 posts
    February 6, 2015 7:51 PM CET

• 13 posts
    January 30, 2015 7:10 PM CET

[blockquote]Vassilis Aggelakos said:

I upgraded the brick firmware from my iOS app (iphone 4S - iOS 7.1) and now the brick cannot start my motor.

The brick is discoverable from the app so I believe is not dead though. I tried to switch off and turn on again with no luck.

[/blockquote]

I had the same Problem with a few of my SBricks. I solved the Problem that way:

- delete the SBrick APP

- turn BlueTooth of

- install the SBrick APP new.

- turn BlueTooth on

- Start the APP

- Use the [≡] button in the upper left corner

- tap on "Bricks"

- now start the power for the SBrick

- you will see a SBrick in the list

- tap on the SBrick

- I think the Sbrick wont' have any name (SmartBrick's name)

- tap in the array and write a Name. To start without "&" or " " (space) would be a good idea. You can overwrite the name later.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to complete your name with the "Return"-Button

- tap on "Port tester"

- wait a little moment until the "Connecting to bricks"-writing disappears (a few seconds)

- now use the sliders an your brick should work

Good luck!

regards,

Jens

X

• 11 posts
    January 28, 2015 6:39 AM CET
    This was only related to the range of the SBrick. The description and Videos show a working a SBrick over much longer distances.

I like the SBrick and its advantages. But this is one of the points that needs improvement. When it works fine I will order four more of them.
    • 10 posts
    January 27, 2015 11:46 PM CET
    Well, apart from being able to use your phone
    • 11 posts
    January 27, 2015 4:22 PM CET
    I have problems with the range too. Indoors I get a range of about 8m. This is also the limit of the IR Receivers at dark conditions. So there is almost no advantage when using SBrick.
    • 10 posts
    January 27, 2015 8:34 AM CET
    **range
    • 10 posts
    January 27, 2015 8:33 AM CET
    I have only two issues with the sbrick; 1 the app is scaled for the iPhone 5 and i have an iPhone 4s hoping there will be a version for the 4s. 2. The rang of my sbrick is only about 12 meters, little more than ir but a long way off 100m promised in the website. I hope you can find a fix to these problems
    Thanks Caoimhin
    • 23 posts
    January 26, 2015 9:29 PM CET

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing a lot of connection problems lately. The App promps "Could't discover all bricks" a lot when trying to open a profile, causing the profile not to open. The weird thing is, all bricks respond to the port tester in the "Bricks" menu, so it looks like it's something in the App

It also occurs in the port-assignment screen where you assign different fuctions of the profile to the ports of the bricks. And when I hit the Port-tester button there, sometimes the app crashes. This happens specifically with the brick that the app is having trouble to connect to.

It mainly happens to mostly to one of the V4 prototypes I have. It does have updated firmware though. 

This post was edited by Jurgen Krooshoop at January 26, 2015 9:44 PM CET