Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick iOS App

• 4 posts
    January 22, 2015 11:06 PM CET

I fixed my problem from earlier! The problem, which is posted somewhere above on this thread, was that the control profiles were invisible. I was still ues controls like joysticks, but was unable to see them. I fixed this by deleting and re-downloading the SBrick IOS app. It worked perfectly from then on! Hope this helps someone else who has this problem!

• 21 posts
    January 22, 2015 10:33 PM CET

Peter,

I have just posted a short video of my LEGO Particle Accelerator working with my SBrick! Hurrah!

Having to use the Port tester since I just need a simple forward/backward slider bar for variable speed control. Will await profile editor and make such a thing once it becomes available.

Still no success with selecting a photo. Neither the 'Camera' nor 'Photo Library' buttons respond when trying to select a source for the image.

Never mind...

Conor

• 1 posts
    January 22, 2015 9:02 PM CET
    Hey everybody,

I finally got to trying out my SBricks and I'm very much looking forward to playing around with it.

Good work guys!

Just one thing bothers me a little on the iOS app. It's scaled to the size of the iPhone 5 and upward, but on my iPhone 4s there is always something cut off on one side or the other. Can you try to have the app working "universal" for all iPhone screen sizes? It would be highly appreciated!

Other than that I love SBrick already!

By the way turning off Bluetooth seems to be the main trick... worked for me as well!

Cheers
    • 36 posts
    January 22, 2015 4:37 PM CET
    Hi Conor,
    I can use my iPad2 (OS 8.1.2) with no such issues re loading custom pictures ot taking camera shots.
    What OS do you run?
    RST button means reset, it moves the corresponding slider to a neutral position, not sending signals to the controlled channel.
    Sliders should be driving the associated channel: up and down directions. Did you check, whether you have associated any control functions to the relevant channel in the profile? If there are no values selected (eg. Acceleration, Lighting, Index,etc..), the slider will not do anything.
    I hope it helps,
    Peter (BrickPower)
    • 21 posts
    January 22, 2015 2:23 PM CET

Thanks, Philip.

Does Port Tester just give on/off options, or do I use the sliders? and what does 'RST' mean? Is it supposed to be a button that responds to your touch? Mine don't...

On my Ipad I CANNOT choose the pictures, no response from ither 'Camera' or 'Gallery' options.

Any other advice from other users, please?

Thanks

• 11 posts
    January 22, 2015 1:52 PM CET
    You don't even need a profile. Tap the button at the top left of the start screen. There you choose "Bricks". Then connect to the SBrick and use the port tester. This should give you the options until the profile designer is available.

The LED doesn't need to be activated.
    On my iPhone 6 I can choose background pictures.
    • 21 posts
    January 22, 2015 10:33 AM CET

Hi,

just connected to SBrick (after 4 or 5 attempts).

Can I please ask:

Do I need to have 'Indicator LED' switched 'ON' for SBrick to work?

How do I add custom image to profile? When I select 'Camera' or 'Photo' there is no response from the app (Ipad Mini ios 8.1). Is this feature enabled?

How do I make a custom profile to drive a single motor? I only want to vary the speed of a motor, and not have the joystick/control 'spring' back to zero when released. All i want it a simple 'power' slider. Is there such a simple profile, or do I have to wait until the profile editor is released before I can create one?

Many thanks in advance.

mrdaviesphysics

• 11 posts
    January 20, 2015 5:55 PM CET

I have another Problem: when I start the App and choose a profile after a few days my phone can't find my SBrick. I have to delete the SBrick from the profile an add it again.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2, actual SBrick App and firmware

• 11 posts
    January 17, 2015 5:23 PM CET
    Try to delete and reinstall the app from the App Store.
    • 4 posts
    January 17, 2015 5:17 PM CET

I am currently having a problem in which the profiles are blank. The tank i'm using drives well using sarial's tank profile, but I cannot see the buttons on my screen! Im using an iphone 4s with the latest app version and the latest ios. This has only been since the newest update. Thanks in advance for your help!

• January 16, 2015 8:55 AM CET

Yes, Tobi's solution solved my problem too! - Restart the bluetooth on ios device and everything is fine again.

Thanks!!!

Vassilis

• 1 posts
    January 15, 2015 11:01 PM CET

[blockquote]Vassilis Aggelakos said:

Hi All,

I upgraded the brick firmware from my iOS app (iphone 4S - iOS 7.1) and now the brick cannot start my motor.

The brick is discoverable from the app so I believe is not dead though. I tried to switch off and turn on again with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, and thanks for that wonderful peace of technic from Germany. Just received my two sbricks today. Had the same problem as quoted above. Turned off sbrick. Turned of bluetooth on my ios device. Turned on sbrick again and than bluetooth on my devices and now it works fine. Hope this will help you too.

Kind Regards

Tobi

Best Regards

Vassilis 

[/blockquote]

This post was edited by Tobias Hennig at January 15, 2015 11:02 PM CET
  • January 15, 2015 3:02 PM CET

Hi All,

I upgraded the brick firmware from my iOS app (iphone 4S - iOS 7.1) and now the brick cannot start my motor.

The brick is discoverable from the app so I believe is not dead though. I tried to switch off and turn on again with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Vassilis 

• 6 posts
    January 14, 2015 12:11 PM CET

[blockquote]Tamás Fábián said:

Hi, that profile was not set up for the iPad Mini yet.

[/blockquote]

Thank you for feedback! Any estimate about when it will be available for iPad mini?

Thanks in advance!

• 57 posts
    January 12, 2015 10:44 PM CET

From the picture it looks excatly like my cases.

At such small angle it can be pressed down without any problems. I press firmly and it stays in place.
    Eventually it remains a very small gap, but it works perfect and it looks much acceptable to me.

• 340 posts
    January 12, 2015 10:07 PM CET

[blockquote]Enrico Garofalo said:

About my "hardware" (case) problems, I confirm ALL OF MY SBricks show a faulty case, with defective C and D mechanical connectors (not the electric ones).

[/blockquote]

Some of our supporters reported case problems. Please write about it (and send pictures) to shipping@sbrick.com, then we will replace the case for you.

• 178 posts
    January 12, 2015 2:22 PM CET

Hi Peter,

does the brick show up in the brick list at all?

[blockquote]Peter Subert said:

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest SBrick app from the apple store (US). A few things I expereinced:

1. The app does not connect to the brick at all. Tried to re-start the phone (iPhone 4S with IOS7+), no success.

2. When I want to use the new menu in the settings and want to test the ports, the app quits.

Please le tme know, what should I do.

Thanks a lot,

Peter

[/blockquote]

• 178 posts
    January 12, 2015 2:18 PM CET

Hi Christian!

Did you connect the remote controller function to the channels?

You can do that by tapping on the brick in the MOC view. The channel setup screen will pop up with a port tester at the top. Tap on the channels to choose which function should go to wich channel.

[blockquote]Christian K. said: Hi I have a strange problem with my SBrick I can connect to it and the port tester is working. But if i load a profile (e.g. Gamepad 1 or 2) no motor is moving. Tried it on iPhone 6 and iPad Air. Have the same problem on both devices. Thanks[/blockquote]

• 178 posts
    January 12, 2015 2:14 PM CET

Hi, that profile was not set up for the iPad Mini yet.

• 6 posts
    January 12, 2015 11:40 AM CET

Hi!

I would need some help with the Volvo 42030 profile. Let me explain my issue: I  downloaded the Volvo 42030 profile on my iphone 4s: it was cut due to rsolution issues (as we know) but it worked fine.

Then I tried to search it in the market on my iPad Mini. But I couldn't find it!!! Is it available for iPad?!

Any help?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sara

• January 12, 2015 9:16 AM CET

[blockquote]Jelmer j said:

Remove the app and install the new version instead of updating the old one. This should resolve profles who aren't fully visable.

[/blockquote]

Thanks, that helped. Don't know why though :D

• 2 posts
    January 11, 2015 8:32 PM CET

Remove the app and install the new version instead of updating the old one. This should resolve profles who aren't fully visable.

• January 11, 2015 11:30 AM CET

[blockquote]Christian K. said: Hi I have a strange problem with my SBrick I can connect to it and the port tester is working. But if i load a profile (e.g. Gamepad 1 or 2) no motor is moving. Tried it on iPhone 6 and iPad Air. Have the same problem on both devices. Thanks[/blockquote]

I have the same or a very similar problem. I can connect to the Sbrick and do the port test. I can setup the ports in the iOS app for steering and accelerating. However, once I want to use the app for actual steering, nothing happens. It loads a screen showing the blurred picture, a small cancel cross at the left top and a toggle switch a little right of the cancel cross. Nothing more.

Update 10 minutes later: Read some more of your replies and now I know that it only works with some profiles, if I understood that right. Now I'm driving around with the Joystick profile. Happy that it works, still not impressed with the iOS app at all :D

This post was edited by Markus Schneider at January 11, 2015 11:34 AM CET
    • 7 posts
    January 10, 2015 2:30 AM CET

Tank custom profile seems to crash IOS app...

• 36 posts
    January 10, 2015 2:08 AM CET

Hi Lenard,

Indeed, I should have read the previous emails:-) I have restarted my iPhone 4S (running 8.1.2), re-started the Bloetooth connection and also I had to add the profiles again, including testing the ports. Then, everythink looks fine. Still, at random, the app quits (especially when I want to test the ports). On the bright side, my 4 x 4 Crawler 2012 test machine works fine (hurrah!!!!) only with the following profiles:

Gameport with one control, Gameport with two controls, Joystick.

The only funny thing is that if you use the Gameport with one control, the dial with the 4 directions is not visible at all. So, driving the machine is fine, but you can not see anyhting on the screen, except the background.

Also, do you have any tips, how can I activate the headlights? I have connected it to one of the ports, but there is no profile that can work with this set that controls lights separately.

Btw.: when will you publish the profile editor? I think that would be really "awesome" to open possibilities even further possibilities and users can be even stronger motivated to buy the bricks!!

Cheers,

Peter

Any ideas are welcome:-)