Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick iOS App

• 34 posts
    March 18, 2015 11:36 AM CET

[blockquote]zver hz said: [blockquote]Zsolt Majoros said:

[blockquote]zver hz said: How can I update the app to version 3.7? There is no link in my testflight enviroment. I use 3.6.3 version now, when I try to look sbrick properties, I see just zeros.[/blockquote]

You got the invitation to your @mail.ru e-mail address:

[/blockquote] I follow the link in email, open TestFlight and see: "You aren't currently testing any apps. To accept an invitation you must tap the link in the invitation email." Could you please forward me the invitation one more time? May there is something wrong with the link. [/blockquote]

What email client are you using? There is an interesting bug with testflight, you can't open the invitation link in 3rd party apps, only in the official mail app on iphone/ipad.

I invited everybody from the beta tester signup form now.

• 28 posts
    March 17, 2015 12:02 PM CET

I also haven't yet received the email for test flight.

• 5 posts
    March 14, 2015 6:31 PM CET

Where do I get the updated APP..? I am still using the one from the test period from last August and it doesn't seem to want to work with the new Sbrick..

• 8 posts
    March 13, 2015 6:39 PM CET
    [blockquote]Zsolt Majoros said:

[blockquote]zver hz said: How can I update the app to version 3.7? There is no link in my testflight enviroment. I use 3.6.3 version now, when I try to look sbrick properties, I see just zeros.[/blockquote]

[/blockquote] I follow the link in email, open TestFlight and see: "You aren't currently testing any apps. To accept an invitation you must tap the link in the invitation email." Could you please forward me the invitation one more time? May there is something wrong with the link.
    • 28 posts
    March 12, 2015 12:08 PM CET

I sent in my request for the test flight install, I got the mail advising how to install Test Flight and wait for the email with the download link, but I didnt' get a download link.  Is it possible for you to send it again?

Thanks.

• 34 posts
    March 12, 2015 9:51 AM CET

[blockquote]Stefan Heumann said:

Updated to v3.7 without problems. Software works fine (iPhone4S and iPod5G with new iOS 8.2). Now I can see my own profile, download and optionally also be deleted. Extensive tests follow this weekend with 4 SBricks.

Do I have to update the SBricks with this software?

[/blockquote]

All SBrick iOS version works with all firmware, but its recommended to keep the brick's firmware up-to-date, every firmware update contains improvements.

This post was edited by Zsolt Majoros at March 12, 2015 9:52 AM CET
    • 8 posts
    March 10, 2015 6:26 PM CET
    How can I update the app to version 3.7? There is no link in my testflight enviroment.
    I use 3.6.3 version now, when I try to look sbrick properties, I see just zeros.
    • 95 posts
    March 10, 2015 12:32 PM CET

I am using fedora 18 with bluez-4.101 where gatttool is included or fedora 21 with bluez-5.23 without gatttool :-(

(I finaly found a package with it :-) I also had to install python-mtTkinter. I will try on CentOS 7

This post was edited by Frederic Ayrault at March 10, 2015 12:32 PM CET
    • 87 posts
    March 10, 2015 12:13 PM CET

[blockquote]Frederic Ayrault said:

When I use your tool I get SBrick Hw: 4.0 and SBrick Fw: 4.1. But I still can not get temperature end voltage informations (00.0°C and 0.0 V) (to use your tool with 4.1 I had to add a elif for 4.1 in sbrick.py)

[/blockquote]

Thanks. That confirms my first idea, 4.1 fw doesn't expose temp or volt. I never included 4.1 in the python code because I wasn't really sure. I have to modify the code to treat 4.0 and 4.1 as two of the same kind.

Just curious, what linux distro are you using? Any kind of troubles with the python scripts or with the bluetooth connection?

• 95 posts
    March 10, 2015 11:21 AM CET

[blockquote]Jorge Pereira said:

Did you power off the SBrick after the udpate?

I read another post where you used my tool... when you say here "hardware and firmware version are 0.0, battery level is 0.00V and devide id is (null)" you are refering to another tool, like Nordic, right? What does my tool show at command line (after power cycle the SBrick)?

[/blockquote]

First of all I want to thank you for your tool and your help.

Yes I powered off the SBrick.

For the versions and level informations I get them from the Brick settings form the ios app

When I use your tool I get SBrick Hw: 4.0 and SBrick Fw: 4.1. But I still can not get temperature end voltage informations (00.0°C and 0.0 V) (to use your tool with 4.1 I had to add a elif for 4.1 in sbrick.py)

This post was edited by Frederic Ayrault at March 10, 2015 12:32 PM CET
    • 87 posts
    March 10, 2015 11:08 AM CET

Did you power off the SBrick after the udpate?

I read another post where you used my tool... when you say here "hardware and firmware version are 0.0, battery level is 0.00V and devide id is (null)" you are refering to another tool, like Nordic, right? What does my tool show at command line (after power cycle the SBrick)?

• 95 posts
    March 10, 2015 10:59 AM CET

I am tring to update the firmware of a SBrick using 3.6.3 version. I just have update (4.10) option even after the update

After the update , hardware and firmware version are 0.0, battery level is 0.00V and devide id is (null)

This post was edited by Frederic Ayrault at March 10, 2015 11:02 AM CET
    • 12 posts
    March 10, 2015 9:19 AM CET
    SBrick® app 3.7 works good, as far as I can see.

At least my 8043S is working again with the "Jurgens Excavator v5.5" control-profile from the public profiles market!
    • 8 posts
    March 6, 2015 9:38 PM CET
    [blockquote]Stefan Heumann said:

Hi,

thanks you for sending me the link for testflight and the beta-sbrick v3.6.3. Now I have a few problems less! LogIn works, now I can load profiles from the market. But my own profiles I can not always see. Guys, keep up!

Many greetings
    Stefan

[blockquote] Hi! I've got the same problem: I can't load my own profile. - Ipad mini ios 8.1.3 Sbrick app version 3.6.3 (build 204)
    This post was edited by zver hz at March 6, 2015 9:39 PM CET
    • 34 posts
    March 6, 2015 6:19 PM CET

Hey, we just sent the new iOS app (3.7) to beta review it will available on Monday or Tuesday.

It contains many bugfixes and UI improvements.

• 2 posts
    March 5, 2015 5:30 PM CET

Many thanks Stephan,

I updated my profile on the web page to post this query, so the problem solved itself :) ( I just did no try again after posting )

Nice working now... Just starting to play with my new toy !

Great !

• 2 posts
    March 5, 2015 3:49 PM CET

Hello !

Received my 2 sBricks this morning !

App 3.6.3 still crash when login...

No news about an update ?

iOs 7.1.2 ( don't want to upgrade iPhone 5c right now )

Best regards,

• 95 posts
    February 26, 2015 9:32 AM CET

[blockquote]Jurgen Krooshoop said:

@Frederic Ayrault: I'm working on them now. I hope to have both instructions/parts lists finished in a couple of weeks. And if my bug in the App can be fixed, I can make video's, making publishing the models and instructions a lot easier.

[/blockquote]

Thank you

• 23 posts
    February 26, 2015 12:53 AM CET

@Frederic Ayrault: I'm working on them now. I hope to have both instructions/parts lists finished in a couple of weeks. And if my bug in the App can be fixed, I can make video's, making publishing the models and instructions a lot easier.

• 95 posts
    February 25, 2015 5:22 PM CET

[blockquote]Jurgen Krooshoop said:

Going from everything to nothing...

Last weekend, I had 3 MOC's ready and setup in the app using 2 different custom profiles, and everything worked.

Yesterday, I switched on one of my my MOC's, but the profile didn't open. There were 2 red SBricks on the screen that didn't turn green. Now none of my MOC's and profiles are working anymore. Everytime I open a profile the app hangs in trying to connect to the bricks. The only way out is killing the app manually. This "bug" has happend 2 more times, all at random moments. All I can do to make it work again is to completely delete the App, reinstall it and remake all my Moc's

Now there's a Lowlug-meeting this sunday, where up to 100 Lego-fans will attend. I was planning on taking the SBrick-Moc's there, but when they don't work, I will not take them there.

Using iPod, ios 8.1.3, app v3.6.3

[/blockquote]

I am really looking forward to build your Ultimate 8043S and Ultimate 42009S.
    Do you know when the extra parts lists and the instructions will be available?

I/we will able to collect the extra parts and start building this amazing models while Vengit works on the apps.

Thank you

This post was edited by Frederic Ayrault at February 25, 2015 5:22 PM CET
    • 23 posts
    February 25, 2015 8:51 AM CET

Going from everything to nothing...

Last weekend, I had 3 MOC's ready and setup in the app using 2 different custom profiles, and everything worked.

Yesterday, I switched on one of my my MOC's, but the profile didn't open. There were 2 red SBricks on the screen that didn't turn green. Now none of my MOC's and profiles are working anymore. Everytime I open a profile the app hangs in trying to connect to the bricks. The only way out is killing the app manually. This "bug" has happend 2 more times, all at random moments. All I can do to make it work again is to completely delete the App, reinstall it and remake all my Moc's

Now there's a Lowlug-meeting this sunday, where up to 100 Lego-fans will attend. I was planning on taking the SBrick-Moc's there, but when they don't work, I will not take them there.

Using iPod, ios 8.1.3, app v3.6.3

This post was edited by Jurgen Krooshoop at February 25, 2015 8:55 AM CET
    • 28 posts
    February 25, 2015 1:15 AM CET

Just an idea...

Most apps, especially on iOS, give you one way only to navigate to settings or data input pages.  Rather than the form for Firmware/sbrick and name etc -sometimes- showing when you add a brick to a model, just remove that possibility and only allow basic brick setup from a main menu button which is already on the main screen.

Also the order in which things have to be done seems odd to me.  I've been a software developer for 20 years, PC's and portable devices.  My main objective when I take on any project is to ensure the algorythm for the user is intuitive and simple.  I do find the sbrick app confusing.  (I do also try to write an application that does what the customer wants!)

First you have to name a model and assign a picture, that makes sense, but then you have to assign a profile before you've added a brick, this makes setting up a model with 2+ bricks even more complicated.  Once a brick is associated with a model you then have to go into the brick properties and decide which port does what, but you're not prompted to do this.

To me the logical flow would be:

Find and select a brick, name and assign picture, select which port does what with a simple test for each channel, then select a profile/s.  It should simple to got through this process if it's a first time or if it's being edited.

Now, this could be completely inpractical as I don't know how your comms work, but the setup feels needlessly complicated to me.

Just thoughts.

(my order for my next 4x bricks arrived today, it may have taken most of the day to get them up and running, but I don't care.  Tomorrow is going to be a construction day!)

:o)

• 2 posts
    February 24, 2015 2:02 PM CET

[blockquote]Jens Heyer said:

Hi Joe,

I've had the same problem. After add a photo/picture here at the profile/account in the forum, the app don't crushes anymore and I was able to see my own profiles from the profiledesigner

regards,
    jens

[/blockquote]

This is the weirdest bug i've ever seen. Thank you for solving it.

• 13 posts
    February 23, 2015 2:08 PM CET

[blockquote]Joe Meno said:

Hi!

I updated the Sbrick app and when I try to sign in, the app crashes. I restarted the iphone and also deleted the app and started it again, and it still crashes. Ideas?

Joe

[/blockquote]

Hi Joe,

I've had the same problem. After add a photo/picture here at the profile/account in the forum, the app don't crushes anymore and I was able to see my own profiles from the profiledesigner

regards,
    jens

• 13 posts
    February 21, 2015 10:13 AM CET

[blockquote]Lénárd Pásztor said:

Yes, we are working on it. We would create "official" remotes to the bigger technic sets.

While are we working on it please give a try to the profile designer.

[/blockquote]

Why don't you let the 42030 Profile an the market until the work is finished? It worked perfect and was the only one with flashlight.

[blockquote]Holger Matthes said:

•while adding a new model after selecting the private profile the app crashes

... no way to use the SBrick app and the SBrick :-(

This was better with the old version of the app.

[/blockquote]

Same here. Everytime when I add a profile to my Moc the app crushes. Even when I add a picture before.

And yes, I can do my own profile with the profile editor (with firefox and with safari). I did it a few times, but they don't appear in the app. I use iPhone 6 Plus (8.1.3) and I tried 16:9 and 16:10. I can only see the 5 public profiles. And I don't want the 8043, I want the 42030.

On iPad I don't see my profiles, too (an other one in 4:3).

Please help!

Regards,
    jens

This post was edited by Jens Heyer at February 21, 2015 10:13 AM CET