Forums » Support

Back To Topics

SBrick iOS App

• 310 posts
    February 1, 2017 11:41 AM CET

[blockquote]Timber Brick said:

The profiles are loading fast now on my iPhone.  I didn't  do anything to fix it.

[/blockquote]

Great to hear that it works now! :)

• 37 posts
    January 31, 2017 6:16 PM CET

The profiles are loading fast now on my iPhone.  I didn't  do anything to fix it.

• 310 posts
    January 31, 2017 12:12 PM CET

[blockquote]Timber Brick said:

Also, the resorce images are missing on the iphone.  The controls show up as grey boxes on a black background.  Perhaps the long download time is explained by a long delay until a timeout happens for each image resource.

[/blockquote]

Dear Timber, 

We haven't experienced an issue like that before. 

I use an Iphone 6, and the speed of download is just perfect (1-2 seconds). 

Please reinstall the application and restart your device. Sometimes it solves the issues. 

If after that there is something wrong again, please contact us at info@sbrick.com with further details, and if it is possible a video or pictures about the problem. 

Best regards,

Balint
    Sbrick Team

• 37 posts
    January 31, 2017 1:52 AM CET

Also, the resorce images are missing on the iphone.  The controls show up as grey boxes on a black background.  Perhaps the long download time is explained by a long delay until a timeout happens for each image resource.

• 37 posts
    January 31, 2017 1:23 AM CET

It takes 10 or 20 minutes to download a profile on my iphone 6.  I live in North America.  Could there be a slow server issue?

• 310 posts
    January 28, 2017 6:31 PM CET

[blockquote]Randy Sluder said:

Update... The new software download fixed my problem! Thanks...

[/blockquote]

Great to hear that! 

Have fun! 

Regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 310 posts
    January 25, 2017 11:28 AM CET

[blockquote]Randy Sluder said:

My background image will not appear on the screen of my iPhone 6 or in the SBrick design page (the screen is just black). I've tried both JPG and PNG. Please advise...

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

The problem exist in the Profile Designer or in the application? 

Regards,
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• T L
    • 2 posts
    January 24, 2017 3:16 PM CET

Thanks Balint.  Here's some more details you can pass to your dev team:

I played around with the iPad some more last night and I found that the SBrick app would work if I turned off Restrictions (my kids use this iPad).  I tried the same Restrictions on my iPhone and the SBrick app came up with no problem.

I'd like to be able to use the SBrick app on my iPad without turning off the Restrictions because disabling and re-enabling them whenever we use the app would be a huge hassle.

• 310 posts
    January 24, 2017 11:33 AM CET

[blockquote]T L said:

Hi, I'm having an issue with the SBrick app on my iPad mini with iOS version 9.3.5.  When I start up the app, it hangs on a whitescreen.  I've tried restarting the iPad as well as removing and reinstalling the app but I still get the same behavior.  The app works fine on my iPhone 5S with iOS 10.2.  Has anyone else had this problem?

[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Thank you for your report. 

Our developers will check this! 

We ask for your patience, 

Best regards,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• T L
    • 2 posts
    January 23, 2017 5:47 PM CET

Hi, I'm having an issue with the SBrick app on my iPad mini with iOS version 9.3.5.  When I start up the app, it hangs on a whitescreen.  I've tried restarting the iPad as well as removing and reinstalling the app but I still get the same behavior.  The app works fine on my iPhone 5S with iOS 10.2.  Has anyone else had this problem?

• January 3, 2017 8:54 PM CET

Hello SBrick-team,

please help me with my app-problem:

I have a model car that is driven by 3 sbricks. There are many options to switch on (lights, flashlights, search-lights) that are all programmed by sequences.

If I turn them all on, and then do just a little bit of "normal" driving (1 slider for drive and 1 slider for steering) the app suddenly shuts down without any warning.

It seems as if there is a limit of commands that can be sent to the car and if I do too much at a time the app goes hooray!

Could you please check this? (for example program 3 sequences for different lights and see if its normal or just a special case for me)

Thanks a lot!

• 6 posts
    December 25, 2016 4:41 PM CET

Hi,

Is it possible to function each port individually,  while providing another channel to use all ports?

i.e sbricks01  - all 4 port connect to 4 motors, each assign to their own channel.

Another channel to power up all 4 ports?

• 310 posts
    December 15, 2016 5:19 PM CET

[blockquote]den nor said: my sbrick app hangs after starting... i was loading the app from the appstore on multiple decices (4 ios devices) all the same issue. all devices running ios8.0+ it starts... its doing some upgrade and then it hangs on "loading..." how to fix this? regards dennor[/blockquote]

Hello, 

Firstly, please restart your device. 

Then pair and unpair sbrick in the bluetooth settings. 

Finally please try to open the application again. 

If it won't solve the problem, contact us on info@sbrick.com

Regards,
    Balint - SBrick Team

• 1 posts
    December 15, 2016 4:45 PM CET
    my sbrick app hangs after starting...
    i was loading the app from the appstore on multiple decices (4 ios devices) all the same issue.

all devices running ios8.0+

it starts... its doing some upgrade and then it hangs on "loading..."

how to fix this?

regards
    dennor
    • 310 posts
    November 13, 2016 12:31 PM CET

[blockquote]Miranda Fan said: Hi, In the Version history I noticed that 4.0.4 was released on 10/26/16. My downloaded app says SBrick v4.0 Update 3 even if I delete from my phone and reinstall it. How do I get the latest version (with the "driver fix")?[/blockquote]

Dear Miranda, 

The newest version is v4.0.3, we will check out how could the history show 4.0.4. 

Surely the mistake was with our system. :) 

Is there anything wrong with your SBrick or application? 

Best wishes, and thank you for the report, 

Balint
    SBrick Team

• 1 posts
    November 13, 2016 6:11 AM CET
    Hi,
    In the Version history I noticed that 4.0.4 was released on 10/26/16. My downloaded app says SBrick v4.0 Update 3 even if I delete from my phone and reinstall it. How do I get the latest version (with the "driver fix")?
    This post was edited by Miranda Fan at November 13, 2016 6:13 AM CET
    • 310 posts
    November 2, 2016 1:37 PM CET

[blockquote]Hiroaki Hamanaka said:

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

In this morning, I tried the updated SBrick App (V4.0 Update 3) and tried to update the firmware of my sbrick.

And in this time the App said the firmware could be successfully updated.

The app indicated the device-information: Temperature 35.72, Voltage 7.81V, Hareware Version 4, Firmware version 17.

However,  after this update, the sbick does not work at all rather than the all-zeros-for-device-info and slider-goes-to-1-and-motor-stops issues. 

[/blockquote]

Dear Hiroaki! 

We ask you to switch off, then on your device, than try it again. 

If there are still problems after the restart, please contact us again, and we will check out the problem. 

Best wishes,

Balint
    SBrick Team

[/blockquote]

I appreciate for your quick response.

From a conclusion, your advice are getting to the heart of the matter.

I just tried your suggestion, and it works perfectly at last.

It works for a first time in a while, but, I’m so happy.

My son will be pleased to hear this, and he’ll get enthusiastic for creating the new RC car!

Thank you for your development and improvement.

[/blockquote]

We are glad to hear that! :) 

Have fun and thank you for your support! 

Best regards, 

Balint

• November 2, 2016 10:53 AM CET

[blockquote]Balint Mezei said:

In this morning, I tried the updated SBrick App (V4.0 Update 3) and tried to update the firmware of my sbrick.

The app indicated the device-information: Temperature 35.72, Voltage 7.81V, Hareware Version 4, Firmware version 17.

However,  after this update, the sbick does not work at all rather than the all-zeros-for-device-info and slider-goes-to-1-and-motor-stops issues. 

[/blockquote]

Dear Hiroaki! 

If there are still problems after the restart, please contact us again, and we will check out the problem. 

Best wishes,

Balint
    SBrick Team

[/blockquote]

I appreciate for your quick response.

From a conclusion, your advice are getting to the heart of the matter.

I just tried your suggestion, and it works perfectly at last.

It works for a first time in a while, but, I’m so happy.

My son will be pleased to hear this, and he’ll get enthusiastic for creating the new RC car!

Thank you for your development and improvement.

• 310 posts
    November 2, 2016 10:30 AM CET

It's getting worse and worse.

If I select 'Sbricks' from the menu, my sbrick can be found on App but in the test-mode it does not work at all, it's motionless.

And if I select "My creations" and push play button(triangle), the app says " Sbrick Disconnected".

On the other hand, in this afternoon, I asked my friend to let me use her android device and I tried Sbrick app on the android device. Then, it works well, perfectly. Thus, my sbrick is not broken. What is broken is Sbrick iOS app!

Also I tried to update the firmware from android device and the update had finished succesfully, but, the bad situation on iOS App is not improved and remain motionless... Too bad...

[/blockquote]

Dear Hiroaki! 

Best wishes,

Balint
    SBrick Team

• November 2, 2016 6:09 AM CET

It's getting worse and worse.

If I select 'Sbricks' from the menu, my sbrick can be found on App but in the test-mode it does not work at all, it's motionless.

And if I select "My creations" and push play button(triangle), the app says " Sbrick Disconnected".

On the other hand, in this afternoon, I asked my friend to let me use her android device and I tried Sbrick app on the android device. Then, it works well, perfectly. Thus, my sbrick is not broken. What is broken is Sbrick iOS app!

Also I tried to update the firmware from android device and the update had finished succesfully, but, the bad situation on iOS App is not improved and remain motionless... Too bad...

• 7 posts
    October 25, 2016 7:48 AM CEST

Worked for me. I had very old firmware and message that I should contact info@sbrick.com. I'v been advised to use this Android app (I have borrowed tablet from my neighbour) and now I'm happy user of sbrick on iOS - without crashes and without lags :) 

• 310 posts
    October 25, 2016 6:50 AM CEST

Hello Guys! 

We know about the firmware update issue, soon we will fix it. 

You won't be able to update your SBricks firmware with the new app if you had an older fw than 12.

For update on IOS you have to wait for a few days, to fix this bug.
    (If you have an Android device please find our Simple control application on Google play.
    Here you can find it (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.blecontrol&hl=en) and update the firmware with this, then you can use the new application.)

Soon we will get back to you, with bug fixes! 

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Best regards,
    Balint
    SBrick Team

• 2 posts
    October 24, 2016 12:36 AM CEST

I am one of the people suffering the all-zeros-for-device-info and slider-goes-to-1-and-motor-stops issues.  I see that there is a new release as of October 22 (version 4.0.3).  Are the recent posts regarding the app crashes installing this latest version?  If so, I will hold off on the update for a while (despite Allan Clausen's encouraging post).

• 2 posts
    October 23, 2016 11:38 PM CEST

I update the sbrick app on iphone 6plus. A new bug. I can't update the firmware

This post was edited by Julian Fertig at October 24, 2016 12:16 AM CEST
    • 13 posts
    October 23, 2016 10:51 PM CEST

I have a Mini Ipad, 9.3.5, and 3 Sbricks Hardware version 4, just updated both the IOS app, and the firmware on all 3 Sbricks is updated to version 17, and i have so far not experienced any problems at ALL.

If you have serious problems like Marcin Nowak, then simply use the emailadress info@sbrick.com